Just curious as to what video files the pb can handle and if you need 3rd party apps to play them. My tv is ancient, 32 inch crt and when it dies I won't be replacing it. I use my laptop to d/l movies, sometimes in .avi format but I prefer .mkv or .mp4 files, blue ray rips. I also require subtitles as I am hearing impaired, can .srt files be used on a pb?
    10-16-11 02:26 PM
    I have played wmv and mp4 files on mine. Not sure about any others.
    10-16-11 06:32 PM
    It will support all the types in this document BlackBerry - Supported Media - Manuals and Guides
    10-16-11 06:52 PM
    won't do ac3 audio or mkv files. i use handbrake to fix that right up.
    10-16-11 07:26 PM
    I'm using Video Lan Client to convert my videos.
    It has as a preset the perfect Audio/Video codec combination: Video - H.264; Audio - AAC (MP4 file)

The files become smaller and the quality is pretty good.
    In addition, when I want to watch an HD movie, I search for MP4 file in order to avoid the conversion.

EDIT: VLC has an option to include subtitles, but I have no luck doing it.
    10-16-11 07:43 PM
    I'm using Video Lan Client to convert my videos.
    It has as a preset the perfect Audio/Video codec combination: Video - H.264; Audio - AAC (MP4 file)

The files become smaller and the quality is pretty good.
    In addition, when I want to watch an HD movie, I search for MP4 file in order to avoid the conversion.

EDIT: VLC has an option to include subtitles, but I have no luck doing it.
    I know vlc on the 'puter needs the .srt file to be the same name as the video and in the same folder. Otherwise you have to manually load it.
    10-16-11 09:04 PM
    I know vlc on the 'puter needs the .srt file to be the same name as the video and in the same folder. Otherwise you have to manually load it.
    Yeah, I know that.
    Tried both ways, but there were no subtitles in the result file.
    There is no issue when I play the file. The only issue is when I capture to mp4. The newly created mp4 doesn't have subtitles included. Most likely I'm not doing something correct, but it is not a big deal for now
    10-19-11 08:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD