I can see a big decision coming - with a Playbook shipping my way & a case decision to make. I'll be standing in a store comparing types, without a lot of experience, trying to decide what will work best for something I've never used. + I'm very particular on getting tools to fit with me - for best use.

Is this going to be a like a touchscreen vs keyboard thing, with the world on two sides?

What case do you find works best for you, and what kinds of things do you do most of the time on your PB (which affects your preference)?
    (I want to use it to replace carrying a bunch of paper in my daily meetings, and not have to wait for a laptiop to startup. Plus access Salesforce.com. I would love to use it for email, but probably will type on my Torch instead. Maybe I will use the PB screen when i need a really big screen for some attachments. I'm a touchscreen keyboard guy, but don't have high hopes for any tablet keyboard.)

Thoughts?
    Last edited by glassofpinot; 11-21-11 at 12:11 PM. Reason: sp, add (..)
    11-21-11 11:57 AM
    i really like the icon case i'm using.

it protects all the corners, is very low profile and is also a convertible case

however, it tends to leave prints on the screen (where the case makes contact with the screen)

also, carbon fibre LOOK may not suit everyone.
    11-21-11 12:00 PM
    I use the BB Convertible Case. I like how the PB can be propped up at different viewing angles. This case does add some "bulk" and makes the PB look bigger than it is. There are times that I will take it out of the convertible case and use the included neoprene case. This allows me to fit the PB in the neoprene case in my inside jacket pocket.
    pkcable likes this.
    11-21-11 12:04 PM
    I have an Acase and haven't used anything else. I prefer naked though.

Plenty of threads on here to read what people use it for.
    lovin2act likes this.
    11-21-11 12:05 PM
    I picked up a case from Staples last week for $22.
    Tried the Otterbox defender case, and used the original case for a while.

Definitely think its good protection and great propping it up at an angle.
    Protecting the corners and getting minimal bezel obstruction is definitely something you should look for.
    11-21-11 12:09 PM
    I use the Dicota TabBook case. I really like the professional look and feel of the case. I think its one of the higher quality cases for the PB. My favourite feature is the ability to prop up the Playbook when typing or watching movies.

| Dicota
    CanadianThomas likes this.
    11-21-11 12:10 PM
    I am currently using the skin case and neoprene zip sleeve from RIM and find this combo to be very lightweight and protective (especially around my 18 month old ). I also have the RIM convertible case and while this also offers excellent protection I grew tired of it's extra "bulk".
    11-21-11 12:12 PM
    I got a Targus leather portfolio-style case for mine. It's one of the ones that allows you to stand the device up in portrait mode.

It's sturdy. I also got one of the Kensington stylus/pen combos. Saves fingerprints
    tmaka likes this.
    11-21-11 12:30 PM
    The Otterbox is the best - by far!
    lovemyplaybook likes this.
    11-21-11 12:44 PM
    Another vote for the BB convertible case.
    11-21-11 12:49 PM
    I have an Acase and haven't used anything else. I prefer naked though.

Plenty of threads on here to read what people use it for.

X2 for the aCase!!

If you really don't want to add a lot of bulk, want good all-around protection, looks great, can prop up in 3 viewing angles, and is easy to hold I would definitely recommend the acase!

The whole point of the playbook is portability, why make it bulkier than it needs to be? - can still fit the playbook in most of the back pockets of my jeans if I need to with this case on.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by kmcobra64; 11-21-11 at 12:56 PM.
    11-21-11 12:54 PM
    Personally, I like using my PB naked, so for me, just the slip case to protect it when I'm carrying it or tossing it in my bag.
    11-21-11 12:56 PM
    I use the portfolio case when I have my playbook at work. I take it to all my meetings. I load all my meeting agendas and supporting docs on it so I'm pretty much paperless in meetings. I love that about my playbook. The portfolio case looks professional and protects it nicely.

At home I use the regular skin case from Blackberry. I like it uncovered and easily accessible at all times sitting on my counter. At home I use it mostly for internet browsing and social networking. Maybe sneak a game in once in a while.

Love my Playbook. Hope you love yours too.
    11-21-11 01:31 PM
    I use a Gelaskin that covers my Playbook and I use a Blurex case for everyday use. When traveling, I slip it in my Otterbox for supreme protection.
    11-21-11 01:59 PM
    I have the BB journal case and I love it. Nice leather that matches the one for my Bold 9900. One carries the PB in it like an agenda. I have it with me all the time. The only (slight) disadvantage is the fact that the natural way to hold it, leads to having the BlackBerry inscription on the PB upside down.
    Last edited by jamesbondOO7; 11-21-11 at 02:08 PM.
    cliro likes this.
    11-21-11 02:05 PM
    I really like the BB leather sleeve:
    - very easy to take out and put away
    - allows for naked use (insert jokes here)
    - offers better protection than neoprene sleeve
    - can listen to music while in sleeve, or turn upside down and charge while in sleeve
    - very sleek and no bulk
    11-21-11 02:18 PM
    The Sena cases are the best, I have the brown one, so elegant, protective and you
    can use it in different angles.
    11-21-11 02:27 PM
    I use the OEM PlayBook journal case and/or Otterbox defender depending on the day or week I'm having. I'm satisfied with both.
    11-21-11 02:46 PM
    X2 for the aCase!!

If you really don't want to add a lot of bulk, want good all-around protection, looks great, can prop up in 3 viewing angles, and is easy to hold I would definitely recommend the acase!

The whole point of the playbook is portability, why make it bulkier than it needs to be? - can still fit the playbook in most of the back pockets of my jeans if I need to with this case on.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Yup - I have a Blurex convertable and they're identical to the acase. Very nice design and well made too...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-11 02:51 PM
    Another for the convertible, or ANY case that lets you prop it up for video viewing!
    11-21-11 02:52 PM
    i was using the neoprene job that comes in the pb pack but hated it.so i got a BB convertible leather case and now my pb never leaves it..on another note i dont use screen protecters as i feel they hinder the quality of the touch screen.
    11-21-11 02:58 PM
    Otterbox. I like it. Obviously adds quite a bit of bulk but when I walk up/downstairs with it, a regular occurrence here at home, I'm not as worried.
    11-21-11 04:12 PM
    nonee. go naked its the best.. the case makes the playbook big and bulky.. i can easily slip it in my pocket and go.. if i put a case on it then i have to carry it around.. the purpose of the smaller tablet is portability if u put these cases on it u ruin its purpose
    11-21-11 05:03 PM
    The BB Journal Cases are on Clearance in the US at Staples for $18 !! Nice leather and the screen is protected in most drops.
    11-21-11 05:10 PM
    I also like the PB naked, but sometimes when I put it in my pocket while in standby, it finds a way of turning itself back on. I now use the journal case or the convertible case and I like both. The convertible case more so because it props the PB up and makes it easier to read.
    11-21-11 05:19 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD