What surprises me the most about the Playbook is the quality of the audio. I have to give it a 10/10 for the audio quality.
    Fubaz and FoxxBerry like this.
    04-19-11 02:09 PM
    very nice to know, ive been trying to us the audio and video perks of it as my reasoning to buy it.
    04-19-11 02:10 PM
    First thing I noticed when I saw the video.
    I laughed at my dad's iPad mono speaker. :P
    04-19-11 02:10 PM
    I'm sure he laughed at your non-existent native e-mail, calendar and contact apps. To each their own.
    Even though they are not released yet, most people seem to be happy with the native Bridge app for email.
    04-19-11 02:17 PM
    First thing I noticed when I saw the video.
    I laughed at my dad's iPad mono speaker. :P
    The iPad actually does have stereo speakers, they are just very close together.
    04-19-11 02:37 PM
    I've read great comments about the speakers as well, which is great for a mobile device, because usually you can barely hear anything or when you can the sound is very distorted.

I read in the Globe and Mail article that RIM partnered up with Harman Kardon on an earlier project in automotive, could they be the source of the great speakers found on the Playbook?
    04-19-11 02:41 PM
    There are definitely 2 speakers there. However those won't exactly provide very good left/right stereo separation. Which is unfortunate, because the iPad does have a very nice display and any movie/video watching experience would be enhanced if those speakers were on either corner.
    04-19-11 02:41 PM
    lol which makes it a center speakers
    04-19-11 02:45 PM
    Actually, all "classic" Blackberries have had really great speakers. I remember playing with my dad's 8320 for the first time and the sound coming out was phenomenal. They had some pretty bad speakers when the Storms came out along with the Tours but now my 9780 Bold has a great speaker again. Blackberry has pretty much been known for finding great sounding small speakers to put into their devices. I'm glad to hear they continued this tradition with the Playbook.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-11 02:49 PM
    I noticed the outstanding audio quality right away as well!!

Even more so than the great speakers, the MIC is AWESOME. I took some videos off my balcony (19th floor) of a school down below. I think i heard the kids screaming better through the PB than with my own ears!
    04-19-11 02:50 PM
    This is about enjoying Playbook's speakers. Why does every thread deteriorate into Playbook vs. iPad? Chocolate or vanilla, Ford or Chevy, Mounds or Almond Joy!

Why can't people appreciate an open market and options to suit everyone's individual preferences?
    04-19-11 02:56 PM
    Yeah, and why do we have to keep bringing up the friggin PIM crap? We get it, it will be fixed in 60 days and you'll have nothing to complain about. Better look for something new to complain about now so you're preopared. Also, get a friggin Blackberry you scrubs! Then you won't have to worry about not having PIM on the PB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-11 02:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD