I became the happy owner of my 2nd playbook last week and I'm really enjoying the experience. One person here mentioned that he would like to see a thread on what/how people use their 2nd + playbooks.
    Originally, I got it because I have the 32gig, use it so much and decided the 64gig might be better with more space.
    I also will travel in Europe this summer, so wanted an extra at home, just in case the adaptor for Europe fries the 32 - This is always a worry for me when I first take an appliance to Europe.
    So the first thing I'm noticing is that I want the same things on the new one. I'm not going to just use it as a backup.
    What are some of the things you use your 2nd and others for?
    rotorwrench likes this.
    04-03-13 08:37 AM
    Leave it beside the first one and wait for BB10.
    dphjeff, Send Again and Tim1131 like this.
    04-03-13 08:54 AM
    My first 64gb PB, purchased at launch is my workhorse unit, EVERYWHERE I go, it goes.

My second 64gb unit is used as my "media server" to my TV and audio system. Connected to tv by cable and music Gateway, I have acess to all my movies and EVERY CD I own.

I gets home, flip out the torch 9850, and fire up the stereo, movie etc.............

C
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    04-03-13 02:41 PM
    I had originally bought a second PlayBook for development purposes because I didn't want to mess up my main PlayBook. Now that I have moved onto Dev Alpha and Z10, my main PlayBook is just a media device and my backup PlayBook is used to backup important files from my PC and it also stores the important files that I wouldn't dream of keeping on my Windows 8 PC.
    04-03-13 02:48 PM
    My first PB with the black leather case is strictly for me work and importnat stuff. The second PB with the orange case the kids know its the house PB the one that all the games and movies are on and anyone is allowed to use. The email isn't even setup on the second "Play Playbook".
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    04-03-13 04:04 PM
    My first 64gb PB, purchased at launch is my workhorse unit, EVERYWHERE I go, it goes.

My second 64gb unit is used as my "media server" to my TV and audio system. Connected to tv by cable and music Gateway, I have acess to all my movies and EVERY CD I own.

I gets home, flip out the torch 9850, and fire up the stereo, movie etc.............

C
    Ditto.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 04:16 PM
    I pick up the second when the first needs charged and back and forth and so on and so forth
    04-03-13 04:25 PM
    Baby video monitor.
    04-03-13 04:53 PM

C
    I've only started using my PB for 'media' recently. I haven't downloaded movies, but I do stream them. I know I could hook it up to my stero; but for old DVDs it wouldn't be any good would it?
    04-03-13 05:02 PM
    I pick up the second when the first needs charged and back and forth and so on and so forth
    Very useful
    Tim1131 likes this.
    04-03-13 05:18 PM
    Very useful
    I find I'm doing that too - I. Feel very decadent!
    Tim1131 likes this.
    04-03-13 05:58 PM
    the 2nd (another 64Gb) is merely there as a spare in case something bad happens to the primary device (for a work tool that I use everyday, c.100+VAT was a no-brainer purchase to mitigate the risk of having no PlayBook)
    04-03-13 06:15 PM
    My wife stole the second PlayBook.
    04-03-13 07:39 PM
    the 2nd (another 64Gb) is merely there as a spare in case something bad happens to the primary device (for a work tool that I use everyday, c.100+VAT was a no-brainer purchase to mitigate the risk of having no PlayBook)
    Very useful
    04-03-13 08:50 PM
    I hand them to the homeless.
    04-03-13 10:28 PM
    My first PB turned into my work PB after my company adopted them and reimbursed me for it. It's in the office, in the hangar, on top of helicopters, in helicopters in flight and in the field. My second PB was purchased from a member here with a cracked digitizer. I repaired it and mounted it on my motorcycle for backcountry trips, on my 4wheeler for map use, mount it in my snowblower for company when opening our road and in my 4Runner for passenger entertainment. No.2 is the guinea pig for all my abuse and it has handled everything so far like the rugged pro it is. My third PB was another cracked digitizer purchased and repaired. It's my testbed for dev BB10 and Android side loads. Definitely a versatile tablet.
    04-03-13 10:38 PM
    I use them both as sonos type music streamers from my NAS controlling both individually with my phone or controlling one with the other. Also generally keep one hooked to the tv and stereo for streaming movies via kalem soft makes the best smart tv with BlackBerry bridge. Oh yeah and when I want quiet time from my boy I give him one.

Posted via CB10
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    04-03-13 10:59 PM
    I use my 2nd PB when I cannot find my 1st PB... I bought a 3rd PB so in case my 2nd PB is missing...

I know what you are thinking and the answer is "NO"...

I have my Z10 when I can't find the 3rd PB...

Posted via Z10
    Tim1131 likes this.
    04-04-13 07:46 AM
    My first Playbook was a 32GB and I purchased it to see if I would like it, and soon replaced it with a 64GB (which was the third). The second PlayBook that I purchased was a 64GB for my wife to replace her one month old Android tablet. Now the 32GB PlayBook and Android tablet is being used by my grandchildren to play games on.
    04-04-13 09:34 AM
    Gave it to my wife, and on the rare occasion that I travel, it's a nice way to video chat.

Posted via Red Z10
    04-04-13 12:55 PM
    I've only started using my PB for 'media' recently. I haven't downloaded movies, but I do stream them. I know I could hook it up to my stero; but for old DVDs it wouldn't be any good would it?
    Sure, why not? Old or new DVD, no issue. All you have to do is rip the DVD to an mpeg 4 file and transfer it to your Playbook. I use Aimersoft Video Converter, has a Playbook preset, works great. The only caveat is that it does the process in "real movie time", said the length of the movie is the conversion time.

C
    04-05-13 09:48 AM
    I use handbrake to rip DVDs for watching on the PlayBook it works very well.

Posted via Red Z10
    04-05-13 10:32 AM