Native e-mail and PIM. Biggest complaint by the "tech" bloggers. Android player I don't care about too much. Would rather see NDK out and being put into developers hands.
    06-22-11 12:34 PM
    QNX platform is a dead end. The fact an android player even exists should be a massive warning sign.
    06-22-11 11:04 PM
    would you rather have native email first or android player first in an update? ....
    Native email...it seems more important.
    Your typical, non BB owning, consumers are avoiding the Playbook because it doesn't have a native Email/PIM client...simple and unfortunate as that is.
    I doubt many people ask the sales people if the non Android tablet, they are holding in their questioning hands, will run Android Apps. A lot of people don't care but if at some point it does run Droid Apps then it's an added bonus.
    06-23-11 12:02 PM
    Neither.

I would prefer they finish what they started first. The PB is amazing but is missing some functions I take for granted on my BB, functions that make the BlackBerry the wonderful device it is. I’m talking about full functioning spell check (I’m the worlds worst speller), global search (something the iphone can’t do but I use all the time on my BB) and a few missing niceties in BBM like the ability to see when a message was received.
    06-23-11 12:27 PM
    honestly the general public has no clue about the android apps coming unless the rep mentions it. BUT they would expect a email client or a way to store and sync contacts and calendar i would think.
    06-23-11 12:56 PM
    honestly the general public has no clue about the android apps coming unless the rep mentions it. BUT they would expect a email client or a way to store and sync contacts and calendar i would think.
    I agree. As much as I want to put a positive spin on the PB, it was a very strange decision to release the PB without something as absolutely basic as native email and PIM. If the Evil Empire had tried that we would have spent a full year laughing our collective heads off...just saying...
    06-23-11 02:54 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD