Just saying...

What should Kevin tell Thorsten Heins at Shareholder Meeting Jul 9?-rim-roadmap-2013-tvi.jpg
    07-02-13 10:21 PM
    A stripped down version of BB10 on the PB would be VERY welcomed. Improving the ****mess browser is even enough.

Posted via CB10
    victorshikhman likes this.
    07-02-13 11:01 PM
    I purchased 5 Playbooks and gave them away based on BB10 coming to PB. They are barely being used.

BB needs to spend more of their cash hoard on:

1. Coordinated advertising demonstrating actual use of HUB, etc.
    2. More talented Programmers for being more current on updates.
    3. Develop Playbook software update for extension screen of Z10 & Q10. Over 2 million fans are terribly discouraged.
    4. Make BB profitable sooner FOR SURE, and don't promise it ahead of time.

Hoarding money isn't working!!!

I want BB to succeed!!!!
    victorshikhman and Icarus3000 like this.
    07-02-13 11:08 PM
    @Kevin to Heins

Launch a website. Put some text like... Dear PB users we appreciate your support bla bla, let PB users enter their ID to print a voucher (25% off) to buy a OS 10 smartphone.

@all
    so, simply isn't it?
    schwede likes this.
    07-03-13 12:31 AM
    So none of you are going along yourselves then?

Can't be that important I guess.

Different situation when folks actually have to get off the sofa rather than rant from their keyboard.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-03-13 04:11 AM

Different situation when folks actually have to get off the sofa rather than rant from their keyboard.
    Flying several thousand miles for a shareholder meeting just isn't in the cards, so get real.
    victorshikhman and sunsetblow like this.
    07-03-13 07:50 AM

Who's on the sofa?? I run two companies, I would also fire any of my employees if they spent anymore time dealing with blackberry problems. Its already been enough of a headache...

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 08:38 AM
    Kevin, come in and share your thoughts. I'm sure you are watching lol.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 08:56 AM

Ever gone to an AGM/Stockholder's meeting?
    Very, very few stockholder's go. Some media, employees and a few hangers on. Perhaps a gadfly or two with a corporate proposal.

DAGLESJ - you ever been to one? They are pretty boring for the most part.
    07-03-13 08:59 AM
    Flying several thousand miles for a shareholder meeting just isn't in the cards, so get real.
    I am sure that there are one or two folks who are local to that meeting. But I think the OP suggested our fearless leader due to his being, well, our fearless leader and not some anonymous pb-owning-drone!

Frankly, I'm sure that Thor will have been rehearsed in how to deal with such questions and sidestep them by merely repeating - it was not going to work.
    victorshikhman and dphjeff like this.
    07-03-13 09:06 AM
    Kevin: "Mr. Heins, can I ask something?"

Heins: "Anything Kevin... except the words "BB10" and "PlayBook" or any combination of them"...

Kevin: "Ah, OK... are you in medication?"

Posted via Z10
    FF22, sad_old_man and dphjeff like this.
    07-03-13 09:08 AM
    I am sure that there are one or two folks who are local to that meeting. But I think the OP suggested our fearless leader due to his being, well, our fearless leader and not some anonymous pb-owning-drone!

Frankly, I'm sure that Thor will have been rehearsed in how to deal with such questions and sidestep them by merely repeating - it was not going to work.
    Another problem - he has weak public speaking skills. He is not suited to speak at an AGM and try to re-instill confidence.
    He will have to have everything rehearsed as every word he says will be parsed and analyzed.
    07-03-13 09:10 AM
    Heins doesn't have weak public speaking skills, he has weak CEO skills!

There, I fixed it:
    What should Kevin tell Thorsten Heins at Shareholder Meeting Jul 9?-rim-roadmap-2013-tvi.jpg
    07-03-13 09:59 AM
    @Kevin, kick his ***. Heins = Bloody liar!!! Don't get him away with PB OS 10 issue.
    Actually, the more I think about this, the more I think angry PlayBook owners might find themselves quickly over-matched by angry shareholders that remember this and will fight back if BlackBerry even makes a hint of dropping more money on PlayBook

(Again, I wish PlayBook had BlackBerry 10, but that's based on personal not financial reasons)
    07-03-13 10:50 AM
    Maybe he should be blunt and say. BB has never been good at marketing but now it seems they are not good at PR either. BB needs another head.

If I was running the show at BB, I would have said as BB10 stands experience on PB is not up to the standard expected of BB. We are working on it and will bring as much of the BB10 experience as possible to PB.

I personally feel PB is best of all the tablets I have played with that include plethora of Android and iPads. Bezel swipes, program switching and QNX multitasking is not beaten by any of the tablets. The only thing I miss is Skype and Viber. Other than thes the PB does need a software facelift.

I shall be sticking with PB. I think QNX is ahead of the game.
    Last edited by Lucky_Boy; 07-03-13 at 12:42 PM.
    07-03-13 12:21 PM
    Actually, the more I think about this, the more I think angry PlayBook owners might find themselves quickly over-matched by angry shareholders that remember this and will fight back if BlackBerry even makes a hint of dropping more money on PlayBook
    Although the business is run in the interest of shareholders, the business will succeed or fail on the treatment of customers. Thus, keeping customers happy and rebuilding BB's already atrocious brand image IS in the interest of shareholders. If shareholders think flipping the finger to the most loyal, repeat customers is a wise business decision then this company deserves to crash and burn.
    Icarus3000 and WeAreNotAlone like this.
    07-03-13 12:22 PM
    Transfer of ownership of the HARDWARE occurs at point of sale. They can open the boto rom and disable access to BES servers etc. They do not own my Playbook. I DO.
    blueberrymerry likes this.
    07-03-13 12:37 PM
    Maybe a slightly different perspective.

If there are satisfying answers to both 1.) and 2.), then I personally (and maybe some others?) could survive with the current system, until the PB becomes completely obsolete from a HW perspective.
    If 1.) and/or 2.) are no (or no satisfying answers will be given), then the platform is dead, and it's getting time to jump boat.

These questions should get discussed/asked at the AM.
    The issue is that BBRY has a history of non-communication. Couldn't get answers on the status of BB10 for Playbook, what makes you think TH will be forthcoming now? And, if he is, how can you take his word when his credibility is now s***?
    07-03-13 12:40 PM
    I agree with your post, but I have trouble with the word "lied". People are throwing it around a lot without looking at the meaning of it.

For all the folks who say, "BlackBerry lied ..."

- Have you ever made a mistake in your life?
    - Have you ever thought you could do something that turned out to be a lot harder than anticipated?
    - Have you ever had the best intentions to do something but had to make a tough choice and abandon plans?

In short, are you perfect in every way? :-)

I agree completely - they went back on a promise. They said they were going to do it and in the end, couldn't do it (for whatever reason).

However, "lied" implies that Thorsten Heins was telling people this in public with no intention of ever doing it, no work ever having been done on it and no plans ever drawn up at any point to work on it.

To me, it's semantic, but I don't think he 'lied'. I think he thought they could, then it turned out to be a lot more work than anticipated relative to the small size and future opportunities and he made a tough call after doing a fair bit of work on it.

It sucks. I'm disappointed. I wish they did do it. I think, 1 GB or not, they could have found a way to substantially improve the PlayBook experience with it.

But not that he 'lied. '
    Wrong. If that was the case, then the communication should not have been that BB10 would be coming to all Playbooks. The communication should have been along the lines of "We have teams working on it and HOPE to bring BB10 to the Playbook. We will provide updates as this occurs. However, if the user experience is not up to the BBRY standard, we may have to abandon these efforts. "

See, easy.

Have I ever made a mistake, you betcha. Have I ever "promised" and not delivered? Never. If I am ensure, I am clear that it is an attempt, not a foregone conculsion.
    sunsetblow likes this.
    07-03-13 01:23 PM
    YOU made the decision to buy something that wasn't what you needed/wanted at the time of purchase. Period. Now, in the real world, sometimes, shi!t happens. So, when I decide to buy something, I buy what I know will fit my needs NOW. Not what may fit them later. If something fits them better later, I upgrade when I am able to.
    Playing Devils Advocate here, but you sir are incorrect.

Technology changes, and when the CEO of a company misleads with statements of upgradeability, that is part of the purchasing decision. This is referred to as the long game. I would rather purchase a product that suits my needs now (as I did), with the POTENTIAL for fitting my needs in the future. When TH said specifically that the tablet would be upgraded, I assumed his word was good, I purchased an additional Playbook.

This is about the credibility. Not just buyer beware. Does Playbook do what it was intended when I purchased it? Yes. Am I happy with the existing performance? Mostly. Was I duped that it would be upgraded? Absolutely.

The assumption that the tablet was only purchased for future benefit is false and misleading.
    07-03-13 01:32 PM
    Wrong. If that was the case, then the communication should not have been that BB10 would be coming to all Playbooks. The communication should have been along the lines of "We have teams working on it and HOPE to bring BB10 to the Playbook. We will provide updates as this occurs. However, if the user experience is not up to the BBRY standard, we may have to abandon these efforts. "

See, easy.

Have I ever made a mistake, you betcha. Have I ever "promised" and not delivered? Never. If I am ensure, I am clear that it is an attempt, not a foregone conculsion.
    The responsibilities of individual making a statement as oppose to a ceo of a company making them on all major media is the key.
    07-03-13 01:32 PM
    Playing Devils Advocate here, but you sir are incorrect.

Technology changes, and when the CEO of a company misleads with statements of upgradeability, that is part of the purchasing decision. This is referred to as the long game. I would rather purchase a product that suits my needs now (as I did), with the POTENTIAL for fitting my needs in the future. When TH said specifically that the tablet would be upgraded, I assumed his word was good, I purchased an additional Playbook.

This is about the credibility. Not just buyer beware. Does Playbook do what it was intended when I purchased it? Yes. Am I happy with the existing performance? Mostly. Was I duped that it would be upgraded? Absolutely.

The assumption that the tablet was only purchased for future benefit is false and misleading.
    Nothing you said makes my statement wrong. However, your buying decision based on an assumption.. well. we all know what they say about assumptions.

And, for the record, I also said that he chose poorly by promising to deliver something that wasn't done yet.
    07-03-13 01:51 PM
    Nothing you said makes my statement wrong. However, your buying decision based on an assumption.. well. we all know what they say about assumptions.

And, for the record, I also said that he chose poorly by promising to deliver something that wasn't done yet.
    Apologies, I should have been clearer. I mean you are incorrect in your "assumption", quoted as follows:

"YOU made the decision to buy something that wasn't what you needed/wanted at the time of purchase. Period."

I purchased exactly what I needed/wanted at the time. I was also informed of future potential benefits. The fact that these have not been delivered, as announced, as proven with the video clips etc. was also part of my purchasing decision.

Thus, therein lies the issue. This is not "buyer beware" as much as it is "false and misleading" statements.

If I were to sell you a car, and part of that sale included a new paint job and some "fixes" under the hood six months down the line; even if this was a verbal contract between parties I would be liable if I did not deliver. Especially if I was caught on video as proof of the "contract".

There is a ton of Tort Law around this type of issue.
    bambinoitaliano likes this.
    07-03-13 02:00 PM
    Apologies, I should have been clearer. I mean you are incorrect in your "assumption", quoted as follows:

"YOU made the decision to buy something that wasn't what you needed/wanted at the time of purchase. Period."

I purchased exactly what I needed/wanted at the time. I was also informed of future potential benefits. The fact that these have not been delivered, as announced, as proven with the video clips etc. was also part of my purchasing decision.
    Sorry, I thought you were the same person I had replied to in the post of mine that you first quoted. which was:

You don't understand even it is so easy...people bought the PB beause it was advertised everywhere that it'll get BB10. My current Playbooks can't do proper IMAP folder mapping so email is useless. They do not provide DLNA even this was always promised, delayed and then promised later with BB10. Result is we can't use ourPlaybooks as media controllers in the house. The browser often just crashes, so even browsing isn't a great experience. I'm bound to a BB viedo chat only, but have no Skype, no proper messaging account integration, no full messaging when BBM comes to other platforms, so even for this the PB is pretty useless. Also when buying the PB it wasn't promised a nearly empty App store. People had a 1000 reasons to wait for BB10 and if you did not then you very personally have too low expectations. Just because you let yourself being fooled by a company not everyone else must do the same...capiche? You sound like a castrated person who is happy that he still has a very beautiful voice for singing :-)
    This person is obviously not someone who got a device that worked for them now. That is what i meant. Your situation sounds different.
    07-03-13 02:23 PM
    Ahh, I was responding only to the comment re: Buyer Beware. I have to agree, the rant you responded to is childish and antagonistic. That said, I still think they too may have been impacted by the "false and misleading" statement issue I have alluded to.

Thanks for being level headed and concise in your responses. I MUCH prefer the intelligent discussion over emotion and name calling
    07-03-13 02:41 PM
414 ... 7891011 ...