Hey guys,

Just to give you an update, I'm working on a followup. I was hoping Kevin would have published something more substantial by now, so that the response could have taken that material into consideration. In my experience, blogging is a crime of passion. If he's not posting anything, we'll, it's not looking so good.

Feel free to message me directly if you are interested in participating more actively in such an effort. I'd like to keep things out of sight until ready. It needs to be more organized and troll-proof than some random venting on cb forums.
    Give it a few days will you? Playbook issue is clearly one of the many Kevin is going to touch upon. I doubt there's any additional information beyond the article Simon Sage posted last week. The ball is still on Thor side as it's always been. Certainly I'm interested in how BB going to handle this.
    07-15-13 09:56 AM
    Give it a few days will you? Playbook issue is clearly one of the many Kevin is going to touch upon. I doubt there's any additional information beyond the article Simon Sage posted last week. The ball is still on Thor side as it's always been. Certainly I'm interested in how BB going to handle this.
    That's mainly why I'm holding back. If Kevin reached some sort of understanding with Thorsten that addresses our concerns I don't want to jump the gun and make a fool of myself. But we should plan for the worst.

@Hirazi, I have no wish to exclude anyone. Please message me directly if you'd like to be involved and I can tell you what I've got so far. I'm in touch with a couple of people already. But we all have day jobs or university, so the more that can contribute the better.
    07-15-13 10:12 AM
    There's also the issue of managing people's attention and enthusiasm to do something. As days pass many will start giving up and peeling off. I'm sure this is something that the BB management team is counting on in terms of anger over their PB decision dissipating. Which is why we need a plan, not a tantrum.
    Hirazi Blue and WeAreNotAlone like this.
    07-15-13 10:19 AM
    Okay, I see now my remark probably was a bit harsh (for which I am sorry).
    One thing I however really would like to know "in the open", before deciding to "join in", is to what extent the plans you are making are based upon local law or are expressly meant for all - world-wide - users of the PB?

Which is why we need a plan, not a tantrum.
    To which I totally agree. But too much planning might kill the momentum, which isn't good either.
    07-15-13 10:23 AM
    One thing I however really would like to know "in the open", before deciding to "join in", is to what extent the plans you are making are based upon local law or are expressly meant for all - world-wide - users of the PB?
    I'm not sure what you mean. Your comment could have two meanings, so I'll answer each possibility, for clarity. 1) We are not going to break any laws. 2) the effort will all be online (I think) so PB owners anywhere can participate, and whatever upgrades to the tablet we extract from BB will obviously be available to everyone, everywhere.

The next step is Kevin's. Let's see what happened in his meeting with Thorsten. It's Monday, so I'm sure he's working on his writeup now.
    07-15-13 10:37 AM
    No, sorry, this is a plain misunderstanding, I guess. What I meant to ask is IF you were to take any kind of legal action, do you prepare something that would have a legal basis worldwide? As a court ruling in one country doesn't automatically "stick" in another country.
    Hope I've made myself clear now. I did under no circumstances want to imply you were planning something illegal.
    07-15-13 10:44 AM
    Frankly, I do not expect anything to change. Simple. He made the decision - the one of the "toughest" of his life and does not care what the 100,000, 250,000 or even ONE MILLION of us want.

Now what I want is the chance to decide for myself whether bb10 on the pb was lame or terrible or maybe meets MY STANDARDS. I don't know how much it would cost bbry to alter their update server to provide a roll-forward/roll-back option. I fear that they strayed too far from the OS2 platform, while shoddily trying to get bb10 to run and that now they are not in a position or canNOT improve OS2 with a better browser, keyboard, etc.

But, of course, I speculate since there never was a factual presentation of what was wrong with bb10. Just his off-the-cuff - "It is dead!" And I do believe he knew it months ago but held off revealing what he knew were limiting factors. To overcome my perception he will have to provide real facts which I doubt we will ever see.
    blueberrymerry and dphjeff like this.
    07-15-13 11:50 AM
    I've given up! There are no fixes for any of the bugs, a company that won't talk to us customers and now my Z10 is breaking down...

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 02:58 PM
    Crackberry 2013 Post AGM Podcast

First Playbook section starts here: (note the time: 34min, 30sec)

Not adding my comments at this time... oh screw it. Bla1ze, with respect, if you don't understand what would have made Playbook a much more capable and useful device with BB10... come on!

How about FINALLY getting Skype, how about FINALLY getting BBM (before Android and iOS get it), how about being able to sideload any Android app up to 4.2 build, how about a browser that doesn't play checkers every other page you visit, how about updating Adobe Air and Flash runtimes, how about fixing Bridge for all the business owners that deployed Playbooks and already upgraded to BB10 devices?

Do you not see how these changes would have made someone who was using the Playbook as a doorstop pick it up again? Do you really think the rest of us should just be happy that our Playbook runs some games? Just because you have 2 Android tabs and couldn't care less about whether Playbook got a BB10 update or not does not mean the rest of us feel the same.
    gunnerfitzy likes this.
    07-15-13 05:25 PM
    Crackberry 2013 Post AGM Podcast

First Playbook section starts here: (note the time: 34min, 30sec)

Not adding my comments at this time... oh screw it. Bla1ze, with respect, if you don't understand what would have made Playbook a much more capable and useful device with BB10... come on!

How about FINALLY getting Skype, how about FINALLY getting BBM (before Android and iOS get it), how about being able to sideload any Android app up to 4.2 build, how about a browser that doesn't play checkers every other page you visit, how about updating Adobe Air and Flash runtimes, how about fixing Bridge for all the business owners that deployed Playbooks and already upgraded to BB10 devices?

Do you not see how these changes would have made someone who was using the Playbook as a doorstop pick it up again? Do you really think the rest of us should just be happy that our Playbook runs some games? Just because you have 2 Android tabs and couldn't care less about whether Playbook got a BB10 update or not does not mean the rest of us feel the same.
    Again, more than just BB10, the initial plan was to upgrade the playbook OS, just like any other devices manufactured by any other company. The promise of BB10 was to be the one and all update for the playbook. So it failed. I accepted that failure. No BB10. Let's go back to the original promise of OS upgrade. So why is this scrap as well? BB no longer have the capability to improve browsers? BBM? Restore full function bridge to BB10 phones? Add multi languages to the keyboard? Are these technically challenging for the company? Or is the company sweeping these whole update thing under the carpet because BB10 can't work on playbook? Why is it so difficult for this company to speak up? I'm going to quote from Simon's article again here,We asked the BlackBerry CEO if they're considering any sort of loyalty reward for PlayBook owners to help maintain the BlackBerry love, to which he responded it's something they have been actively discussing and considering.
    But not a peep directly to your customers?
    dphjeff likes this.
    07-15-13 07:35 PM
    Well, as a loyalty reward would seem to be some kind of "money off" deal on your next purchase, people like me, not in the market for a smartphone would probably felt left out. But having said that, the video showed someone apparently talking facts and trying very(/too hard?) to defend the company's decision on this topic IMHO.
    07-16-13 03:31 AM
    He should have told Thorny to enjoy his permanent vacation coming soon.
    nappp likes this.
    07-16-13 06:09 AM
    What a bull**** they're talking in this video...you can clearly see that CB and Kevin have no interest in the Playbook. They never really had and already prepared the stupid excuses for BBRY in their previous arcticles. They praise Thorsten for all this great visions of mobile computing but fail to see how much a real mobile portfolio with BB10 on tablets, phones, docking stations, etc would matter for consumers. A company which is not able to create an OS running on normal mobile hardware (below 2GB RAM) and doesn't really release mobile computing hardware beside some NORMAL phones is ridiculous. They belong in a little niche as company! There is nothing really new coming from BB! I already had a true multitasking OS in 2011 - just look at the NOKIA N9...

And I also wonder why updates are so based on mobile networks companies? Release the updates parallel via the thing called "Internet" and Wifi...
    A world made for the bumbest people among us, and the people that can work work with computers are made to suffer for this :-(
    07-16-13 07:57 AM
    Just to let everyone know, we're taking the Playbook issue one step further - from venting and complaining into action. Some of you contacted me directly to ask what YOU can do. Well, here's our chance:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...thread-829470/
    07-17-13 12:53 PM
414 ... 151617