Same thing just happened to my boxee. Lots of promises and no love.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 09:39 PM
    There is no better way to tell the company that we, as customers, are disappointed of how they are handling us but through their profit...

Posted via Z10
    Synerworks likes this.
    07-11-13 10:22 PM
    Could you please provide me with a link to the post you are referring to? From your post (as I haven't read the other yet) I take it Blackberry is "considering" a "loyalty program". That sounds vague enough to warrant a cautionary "don't get your hopes up too soon!"

And BTW @kraschute - Foul language in German is still foul language!
    Yes, you're right - but what else to do then saying the truth...their way of communicating things is so false, misleading, full of artificial excuses - in short: insulting so I guess they think about us the same! They think we're so stupid to eat their "dogfoot"-arguments:

- No one can argue that 2GB as requirement doesn't mean it's a bloatware (It is simply too much and it should be their number one priority - ok after selling phones - to optimise this. The Playbook would be their optimap platform for this)

- No one finds out about this requirement just recently

- Even with stripped down features they were not able to get it running, haha

- It was most properly a business decision - they could optimise BB10 but they do not like to spend money for this
    FF22 and WeAreNotAlone like this.
    07-12-13 02:10 AM
    Yes, I would write letters
    07-12-13 02:47 AM
    SO...... there we have it, the playbook is utterly dead from BBRY's point of view. I wonder if by 'technical support' they just mean adhering to their warranty terms ??

What I find funny is that all BBRY's official websites still carry the playbook as supported hardware.
    RE: I wonder if by 'technical support' they just mean adhering to their warranty terms ??

Hello this is tech support. Please reboot your device.
    Did this fix the problem?
    Customer=No, and the thing just went out of warranty two days ago!
    Tech Support= Because we've sold off all those thousands upon thousands upon thousands upon thousands of unsold PlayBooks that weren't selling due to a POOR app eco-system, lack of core apps customers want... Word has come down from up high that we will no longer be helping out customers who may have a unit that is out of warranty by replacing it free of charge as we've done in the past. Before we were literally drowning in PlayBooks, now we have very few.

We've been told once it's 1 minute out of warranty - We're going to charge full price now....
    (We've also been told the price to repair/replace is going to increase as after all we don't have many spares now.)

Additionally when you call in, we have been told to try at every opportunity to throw up roadblocks to replacing the item while under warranty because thousands upon thousands upon thousands upon thousands of PlayBooks were sold after the CEO of BlackBerry told everyone BB10 OS would being coming to, that all PlayBooks would get updated to the new super-duper-this OS is going to save BlackBerry BB10 OS.
    They sold off so many we only have a few left for warranty issues and we're going to be getting real "picky" about doling them out.

Really picky.
    (They also told us if you don't we'll be joining those that are being laid off, and our department is being "outsourced" soon.)

What happened to all the warranty /repair spares?
    What happened was:
    Thorsten Heins and his bunch must have been "Celebrating" that day how successful the "Every PlayBook will get a update to the BB10 OS marketing campaign" had been and the resulting sales. It appeared they had been celebrating pretty good and they told the warehouses to sell everything that wasn't bolted down.
    (Not realizing that many thousands upon thousands upon thousands upon thousands of PlayBooks are out there and still under warranty.)

Heard them laughing , saying something about their bonus checks were getting bigger day by day with each unit moved! Heard couple of them and TH saying for the last 8 months it's been like Christmas day "every day" when they check their bank balance and that "staying quite" and delaying the announcement that BB10 OS wouldn't be coming to the PlayBook had really paid off!

(Sound travels on hard surfaces... we don't have the fancy carpets, painting and drapes like headquarters does... Guess they didn't know that.)

Signed Tech support that's been told they are going to be outsourcing repairs /warranty support.

PS: Luckily one of the forklifts broke down and we were able to save the last remaining pallets so act now, stock is limited. First come first served as they say.
    What should Kevin tell Thorsten Heins at Shareholder Meeting Jul 9?-bb-lost-jobs-hey-your-fired.png
    Last edited by WeAreNotAlone; 07-12-13 at 03:09 AM.
    Synerworks likes this.
    07-12-13 02:53 AM
    Based on the OPs thread title, it's simple? RESIGN!

Posted via CB10
    And cough up the money from all the bonus money you've received since you stated the PlayBook would get a update to BB10.

But before that send me a cashiers check for the $4,000 worth of PlayBooks and accessories I bought based upon what the CEO of BlackBerry said, him several times stating ALL PlayBooks would be get a upgrade to BB10.
    07-12-13 02:57 AM
    @kraschute - Don't get me wrong: I fully understand the sentiment behind the language...
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-12-13 03:05 AM
    After seeing the Twitter conversation with AS it's quite clear: it is over - not even i micro update on the PB.

So what is next for PB owners that would not get any up-to-date app? Any recommendations? What other tablet OS would come close to what a BB10 tablet would have been?
    07-12-13 03:22 AM
    For everyone who thinks we PlayBook owners need to get over it... Your z10/q10/a10 is next...

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...ml#post8807452

The issue isn't 1GB or 2GB or 4GB of RAM. As some of us were saying last year, the issue is that phones can't swap. The grade of flash used in these devices can't handle swapping pages to it. You could put 8GB of RAM in these things, and they still can't swap, so you will always run out relatively quickly.

And so, because of this, the Android team and the iOS team came up with memory mgmt and task mgmt solutions which are layered on top of linux and mach. I just downloaded the latest BB10 SDK, and I still don't see that BB has figured this out yet. Until they solve that issue -- and yes, I understand QNX apologists would rather die than admit this issue -- BB10 will always be chasing its tail on this RAM issue. As they add more features, and more sophisticated apps, and users multitask more apps, we'll eventually find that 2GB isn't enough either and they start having to ship phones with 4GB and so on.

Even Palm figured this issue out back in the mid 90s. Android came up with a fine implementation of this finally in ICS. And Apple had this working very nicely in the very first public iOS, which is why it was able to run in 1/8 of a GB.
    WeAreNotAlone likes this.
    07-12-13 05:05 AM
    If Blackberry Q5 is a dual-core 1.2 Ghz and can run well BB10, Why not the Playbook? For 1 GB Ram more? Allow Playbook users to run only 3 Apps in multitasking and there will be no problem. BlackBerry�s CEO Thorsten Heins should tell the truth, there are still some programmers around.
    WeAreNotAlone likes this.
    07-12-13 09:19 AM
    Thread title:What should Kevin tell Thorsten Heins at Shareholder Meeting Jul 9?
    Maybe I missed something..
    What was asked, what were the replies? Is there a transcript?
    We filled out the survey and I haven't seen anything related since.
    schwede likes this.
    07-12-13 10:33 AM
    Thread title:What should Kevin tell Thorsten Heins at Shareholder Meeting Jul 9?
    I'm sure Kevin is busy compiling his interview and ready to be post soon. Not BB kind of soon.
    Cynycl likes this.
    07-12-13 10:39 AM
    Simon Sage had a blog posting the other day - Thor apologized but said (with his fingers crossed behind his back) that is was one of the most difficult decisions he had to make but bb10 on the pb would have been totally unsatisfactory!
    07-12-13 02:05 PM
    Simon Sage had a blog posting the other day - Thor apologized but said (with his fingers crossed behind his back) that is was one of the most difficult decisions he had to make but bb10 on the pb would have been totally unsatisfactory!
    Saw Simon's post... if that was all that took place in their "meeting", Thor didn't give them much time.

Regardless Kevin has been awful quite since the Shareholder Meeting.
    07-12-13 02:22 PM
    Saw Simon's post... if that was all that took place in their "meeting", Thor didn't give them much time.

I'm sure you meant quiet. But now would be a good time for a synopsis, Kevin, if you don't mind.
    07-12-13 07:26 PM
    am i the first one to say it? or someone else did say this before i am about to say!
    "Thank you Mr. Heins We love you but you may please leave the company go for a long holiday with your wives, enjoy the beaches, get yourself sun tanned, quit Blackberry and never return back, you are DEAF and you dont have EARS! So customers doesnt like you. Please leave blackberry and done come back! Thanks you very much! And if we ever think of going suicidal? We will write you even before anyone else does."
    did anyone say this before?
    or am i the first one to say so?
    thanks!
    -paul
    sparrow300 likes this.
    07-12-13 07:44 PM
    ^^Kevin should let you do the interrogation instead... I mean, the interview...

It'll make more sense...

Posted via Z10
    07-12-13 09:48 PM
    ^^Kevin should let you do the interrogation instead... I mean, the interview...

It'll make more sense...

Posted via Z10
    I missed the train by 4 days!

root@mohona:/home/testuser# date
    Sat Jul 13 08:20:16 IST 2013

Time out! Its his game and he knows how to play it better than me. :-) But if I were him? I would have just said that. Politely.

thanks!
    -paul
    07-12-13 09:52 PM
    My point exactly, that post and the tweet. For such an extensive survey.. not much info coming back to us.
    victorshikhman likes this.
    07-13-13 08:45 AM

Obviously even Kevin is having problems putting a good spin on this one.Its taken them six months to find out they coudn't implement an OS they developed on a device they designed and built.
    Whichever way you cut it that is pretty lame.
    07-13-13 01:21 PM
    What is now the conclusion of this Thread?
    Any suggestions? Perhaps in the following format?

1. Aim was A, B, C
    2. Achievements D, E, F
    3. Next Steps G, H
    FF22 likes this.
    07-15-13 02:14 AM

1. Aim was A, B, C
    2. Achievements D, E, F
    3. Next Steps G, H
    conclusion :
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...s-contest.html
    i think he must have taken out view point to deaf TH and also may be he listened. ask him!
    thanks!
    -paul
    07-15-13 04:27 AM

1. Aim was A, B, C
    2. Achievements D, E, F
    3. Next Steps G, H
    Although there are way too many threads on this topic already, I would advise you to open a new thread to address this specific question. Call it something like "Call to Action" and get something done (already).
    FF22 likes this.
    07-15-13 05:58 AM
    Hey guys,

Just to give you an update, I'm working on a followup. I was hoping Kevin would have published something more substantial by now, so that the response could have taken that material into consideration. In my experience, blogging is a crime of passion. If he's not posting anything, we'll, it's not looking so good.

Feel free to message me directly if you are interested in participating more actively in such an effort. I'd like to keep things out of sight until ready. It needs to be more organized and troll-proof than some random venting on cb forums.
    07-15-13 08:55 AM
    Sounds like you merely want to exclude certain individuals, but it's quite possible I misunderstand.

To add some "advice" (of sorts): keeping this out in the open shows everybody something is actual happening. Everybody can easily claim something is in the works in "secret". In that sense this community appears to in desperate need of a "frontrunner" (which easily could be you) AND a lot of openness.
    Last edited by Hirazi Blue; 07-15-13 at 09:11 AM.
    07-15-13 08:59 AM
414 ... 14151617