They're simply GIANT Arschwixers!!! All their stupid excuses - not really believable when you ask somone profesional.
    But as I wrote already several times... NO MORE BBRY products in our house...and I HAVE AT LEAST FUN to spread this...ALREADY told my group of former study colleagues (with some of them recently asking me what I think about BB10) - Haha Thorsten, you won't be able to count with your 10 fingers how many customers lost this already means...AND I WILL CONTINUE of course...This is a so called NEGATIVE MULTIPLICATOR effect
    victorshikhman and Bdot-1 like this.
    07-11-13 03:43 AM
    So mister Saunders reply would seem harsh but at the same time it's crystal clear.
    Thanks for asking, @victorshikhman.
    This at least "simplifies" matters greatly IMHO.

You can/should now decide to (in no particular order):
    1. take some kind of legal action
    2. move on
    3. make the most of the Playbook as is

Maintaining a lot of threads just moaning about the situation IMHO is just as silly as all them irritating silly threads that annoy you all so much... Believe me: NOBODY likes what happened here!
    @HiraziBlue

If you read the new post on CB about Thorsten and the Playbook, you saw that BB is now considering a "loyalty program" for PlayBook customers to transition to a BB10 device. Do you realize what this means? It's like I've been telling you guys all along - these are just people on the other side. If we complain loud enough and rally enough people, they will respond to pressure and give us something. If we fold our hands and go home they will gladly give us nothing.

I don't know what the value of a loyalty program is. Instead of offering every PlayBook owner $50-100, just hire some more programmers and give us the essential improvements we were promised all along! Clearly money is not the issue if you are willing to throw it at us and cut your margins. I would rather have a good-working Playbook than $100 towards purchase of $600 BB10 phone. This is the only way to restore MY goodwill.
    07-11-13 06:00 AM
    Could you please provide me with a link to the post you are referring to? From your post (as I haven't read the other yet) I take it Blackberry is "considering" a "loyalty program". That sounds vague enough to warrant a cautionary "don't get your hopes up too soon!"

And BTW @kraschute - Foul language in German is still foul language!
    07-11-13 07:00 AM
    Sadly, Thorsten will take the blame and we don't know with the available information if he is a good leader or not. He took the helm of the titanic after dumb and dumber crashed it right Into an iceberg and then themselves jumped ship into a lifeboat (with $15 million apiece in cash!). The way I see it now there is little Thorsten can do, the ship is probably done for. Maybe sold for scrap.
    Thor is no different then dumb and dumber.

Please show me where BlackBerry has improved?

It sure as hell was not with the Z10 launch.

They guy who invented the Hub left BlackBerry a month ago. They begged him to stay but he left. The leader of TAT left.

Sounds like the good folks are bailing on BlackBerry.

I can't blame them. The only thing Thor has done different is firing folks and creating a condition where now the talent is leaving BlackBerry.

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    Synerworks likes this.
    07-11-13 07:06 AM
    Don't forget Rob Orr..
    07-11-13 07:07 AM
    @HiraziBlue

If you read the new post on CB about Thorsten and the Playbook, you saw that BB is now considering a "loyalty program" for PlayBook customers to transition to a BB10 device. Do you realize what this means? It's like I've been telling you guys all along - these are just people on the other side. If we complain loud enough and rally enough people, they will respond to pressure and give us something. If we fold our hands and go home they will gladly give us nothing.

I don't know what the value of a loyalty program is. Instead of offering every PlayBook owner $50-100, just hire some more programmers and give us the essential improvements we were promised all along! Clearly money is not the issue if you are willing to throw it at us and cut your margins. I would rather have a good-working Playbook than $100 towards purchase of $600 BB10 phone. This is the only way to restore MY goodwill.
    An easy throw-away comment and I expect as much of it as they produced for bb10 for the pb - NOTHING. Or a few pb apps?
    07-11-13 08:41 AM
    Could you please provide me with a link to the post you are referring to? From your post (as I haven't read the other yet) I take it Blackberry is "considering" a "loyalty program". That sounds vague enough to warrant a cautionary "don't get your hopes up too soon!"

And BTW @kraschute - Foul language in German is still foul language!
    In Simon Sage's blog post yesterday:

BlackBerry CEO on BB10 for PlayBook: "It was one of the toughest decisions I had to make" | CrackBerry.com
    07-11-13 08:43 AM
    Too many bs here... too many suggestions... too many complaints...

Why don't you just go there and do it yourself?

tell blackberry to hire you.
    Tell them you want to replace TH... let's see what happens.

Lol

Posted via CB10
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-11-13 08:58 AM
    So everything is fine?
    07-11-13 09:12 AM
    TH said we would get BB10 on PlayBook and we didn't get it.

I haven't much confidence that 'considering' a loyalty program will turn into anything substantial.

Posted via CB10 & my Z10
    07-11-13 09:33 AM
    This thread is hilarious. I wonder if there were passengers aboard the Titanic complaining that they were promised breakfast and at the very least deserved caviar and champagne?

Get over yourselves people, this Norwegian Blue won't fly and is pining for the fjords.
    sad_old_man and dphjeff like this.
    07-11-13 09:51 AM
    Comparing the Titanic to BlackBerry? Good analogy.
    Cynycl, sad_old_man and dphjeff like this.
    07-11-13 10:25 AM
    Based on the OPs thread title, it's simple? RESIGN!

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 12:51 PM
    Comparing the Titanic to BlackBerry? Good analogy.
    Well considering how the rats are jumping ship. I think it is most fitting.

Two BlackBerry executives exit company - The Globe and Mail
    sad_old_man and dphjeff like this.
    07-11-13 12:55 PM
    Hey Everyone,

Please check out and vote on this poll:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ct-not-827546/

It's a survey of early Playbook adopters, asking if they would ever buy another BB product again. I'd like to see if we can get at least a couple of hundred responses. Yes, there's a reason why I'm asking, which may soon be revealed. In Blackberry fashion, I'll leave you hanging and then pretend there was no poll... in 3-18 months or so. See you then! But seriously, please take the poll and urge other CB Forum members to do the same.

Guidance: Please keep in mind, when taking the poll, that telling Blackberry there's nothing wrong with their misleading customers about the Playbook will not inspire them to the kind of action most of us are seeking (which is a PBOS update!). So, if you're perfectly happy with the beating they've given us, really glad and excited that it happened, and want it to happen again (you masochist), please vote that you'd buy another product again. Otherwise, vote that you would NOT buy another BB product again.
    07-11-13 05:28 PM
    Hey Everyone,

Please check out and vote on this poll:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ct-not-827546/

It's a survey of early Playbook adopters, asking if they would ever buy another BB product again. I'd like to see if we can get at least a couple of hundred responses. Yes, there's a reason why I'm asking, which may soon be revealed. In Blackberry fashion, I'll leave you hanging and then pretend there was no poll... in 3-18 months or so. See you then! But seriously, please take the poll and urge other CB Forum members to do the same.

Guidance: Please keep in mind, when taking the poll, that telling Blackberry there's nothing wrong with their misleading customers about the Playbook will not inspire them to the kind of action most of us are seeking (which is a PBOS update!). So, if you're perfectly happy with the beating they've given us, really glad and excited that it happened, and want it to happen again (you masochist), please vote that you'd buy another product again. Otherwise, vote that you would NOT buy another BB product again.
    If the idea is to convey to BB that the community demands an update, a letter writing campaign might be easier. Surveys don't carry much weight when the persona posing the question directs the respondents to answer specifically for a certain outcome. ;-)
    07-11-13 05:36 PM
    If the idea is to convey to BB that the community demands an update, a letter writing campaign might be easier. Surveys don't carry much weight when the persona posing the question directs the respondents to answer specifically for a certain outcome. ;-)
    Just to be clear, I didn't make the poll; it was another user. And if you disagree with my "guidance" you are free to write your own
    07-11-13 05:44 PM
    As for a letter-writing campaign... nothing is off the table. Well... nuclear war is off the table. Allow me to rephrase... nothing reasonable is off the table. Would you participate in such an effort, should it be launched?
    07-11-13 05:48 PM
    Just to be clear, I didn't make the poll; it was another user. And if you disagree with my "guidance" you are free to write your own
    Maybe do something creative instead. A montage of people holding their playbooks up, with "Update Me" diaplayed on them?

Fire up a kickstarter campaign and get them to run on a projector across from TH's office window, have Alicia Keys record a hook to play along ith it, maybe "Just give us an updaaaatttteeeee!" (to the tune of "This girl is on fire.)

Call the project something like "tablet faces of betrayal," "We've been Blackberried," or "Eh tu Thorsten?"
    07-11-13 05:53 PM
    Maybe do something creative instead. A montage of people holding their playbooks up, with "Update Me" diaplayed on them?

Fire up a kickstarter campaign and get them to run on a projector across from TH's office window, have Alicia Keys record a hook to play along ith it, maybe "Just give us an updaaaatttteeeee!" (to the tune of "This girl is on fire.)

Call the project something like "tablet faces of betrayal," "We've been Blackberried," or "Eh tu Thorsten?"
    You are kind of awesome. I promote you to Creative Director effective immediately.

1) Montage video
    2) Kickstarter campaign - we'd be booted, but we can try
    3) Projector across from TH's office - we'd be arrested, but... I like it
    4) Alicia Keys is probably on contract to never speak a bad word about BB, but an Alicia Keys look-alike who has a voice and needs some facetime in exchange for free work...
    5) "Tablet: Faces of Betrayal" - If we can get a few hundred (thousand?) Playbook owners to take a pic of themselves from their Playbook and email it to us, that would be awesome.
    6) "We've been Blackberried"/"Et tu, Thorsten" - let's keep working on that one
    BioDave1955 and kraschute like this.
    07-11-13 06:08 PM
    I just posted yesterday how we as a society have very short term memory.. I've been bitchin like there's no tomorrow for the last week. I friggin can't stand their choices and I'm being vocal and not letting the moment pass. But I too will probably forget about this over time and move on with things. I just wish friggin these darn companies would stop building products with a 2 year shelf life. We have the choice to make these companies change. BlackBerry is now no better then Android or Apple!! I wish there was an alternative

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 06:59 PM
    This is crackerry forum if anything they are more in favor of the company than against it. Just go to the main thread. Just so you know this is not one off random people making negative remarks to pizz off BB lovers. Whether it is realistic for BB to bring BB10 to playbook or not, the decision did rile up quite a few playbook owners. BB can neglect us at it's own peril. As Thor repeat, the company is in a precarious position during this transitional period. The company do not need extra issue to tip the scale. No amount of goodwill can undo the bad mouthing of scorn customers. Put out the fire while it's in inconsequential stage.
    FF22, Cynycl and dphjeff like this.
    07-11-13 07:32 PM
    This is crackerry forum if anything they are more in favor of the company than against it. Just go to the main thread. Just so you know this is not one off random people making negative remarks to pizz off BB lovers. Whether it is realistic for BB to bring BB10 to playbook or not, the decision did rile up quite a few playbook owners. BB can neglect us at it's own peril. As Thor repeat, the company is in a precarious position during this transitional period. The company do not need extra issue to tip the scale. No amount of goodwill can undo the bad mouthing of scorn customers. Put out the fire while it's in inconsequential stage.
    I was just busting his chops. See the post I followed it up with. I'm all for people doing constructive things to try and fix issues like these.
    bambinoitaliano and dphjeff like this.
    07-11-13 07:40 PM
    A vote with our future purchases will send the message. I'm sure someone will show Thor and co a nice graph and powerpoint highlighting the repurcussions of this future of computing they hope will exist.

If you are operating on the P.T. Barnum philosophy, you need to fold your tent and move to find future customers. Perhaps that is where the keep moving slogan came from.

Lord knows they have lost repeat business in this town.
    dphjeff likes this.
    07-11-13 09:02 PM
    A vote with our future purchases will send the message. I'm sure someone will show Thor and co a nice graph and powerpoint highlighting the repurcussions of this future of computing they hope will exist.

If you are operating on the P.T. Barnum philosophy, you need to fold your tent and move to find future customers. Perhaps that it where the keep moving slogan came from.

Lord knows they have lost repeat business in this town.
    I was all gung ho about getting the Aristo. Not anymore.
    07-11-13 09:09 PM
414 ... 1314151617