Simply, what Heins said last week already. No BB 10 no PB OS 3. You have to take it.
    This is nonsense. Again, if you're not interested in the outcome, just move on to other threads. Why make ridiculous comments that have no relation to what we're trying to accomplish.

Companies change their mind all the time. I've repeatedly cited the example of Windows 8 (where Microsoft strongly resisted user demands to startup into desktop mode and re-implement the Start button) and Xbox DRM/used games/always online, where they practically called their critics morons, and then backtracked and did everything their customers wanted. There are many other examples. Decisions like this are not set in stone. It's only people on the other end, and people change their minds.

Blackberry CAN and WILL push out an update to PB, but it's not going to do it with this whipped community telling its own members to sit down and shut up. If I didn't think it was possible I would not have started the thread. If Kevin goes out on Jul 9th and lays out the case in the management team's face, in front of the shareholders and cameras, it can happen.

I've received 140 likes and thank-you's from this thread alone. It's clear as day that the community is extremely disappointed and wants Kevin to speak on their behalf at the shareholder meeting. If you want to help, email Kevin and ask him to do as the original post suggested. His email is published on the site: [email protected]

Nothing terrible will come from us trying, so all you detractors, stop your whining and help a fellow Crack-addict out.
    chaosdivine and WeAreNotAlone like this.
    07-04-13 04:24 PM
    I just wanted to let everyone who is subscribed to this thread know:

Kevin published an Editorial just now asking for YOUR opinion of what he should tell Thorsten Heins if/when he meets with him. The survey DOES include a section on the Playbook and ask for our feedback regarding the cancellation of the BB10 update. I would urge EVERYONE (even those of you who don't think it will work!) to take the survey.

In the Playbook section, express your disappointment/outrage (if you need some inspiration, read my original post , BUT ALSO (and this is very important) demand that Blackberry push out an update to Playbook OS that addresses our most minimal concerns - Cascades, Android runtime, browser, etc. Make it clear that pushing out a Playbook update is CRITICAL to regaining your trust and will affect your future smartphone purchasing decision.

You can take the survey by click on this link:
    From the Editor's Desk: Take this Mega BlackBerry survey and have your voice heard! | CrackBerry.com

Again, we have nothing to lose and everything to gain, so be positive, take the survey, make your voice heard, and let's see if we can make a difference!

P.S. Thank you to Kevin for publishing this survey. I don't know if this thread had any role in his decision to do so, but I applaud him for taking the community's pulse before he marches on Waterloo.
    WeAreNotAlone likes this.
    07-04-13 06:21 PM
    At least admit that it has encounter problem that will make pb operate less than optimal with BB10, therefore it's no longer viable for the company to pursue such development.
    They did. Thor said he made the call to stop pursuing bb10 on the PlayBook. He was not satisfied with the way it ran on the PlayBook so had to make that decision.

I'm Ok with the PlayBook not getting bb10 if it can run properly. I think the way they told the public was totally wrong. They shouldn't have announced that on a earnings call. It should have been a separate press release and said they originally planned for the PlayBook to get the bb10 upgrade but they just couldn't get it to run to their satisfaction and unfortunately had to pull the plug on it. I think if they did it that way, people would have handled the news a bit better.

For me, if it doesn't work right, it doesn't work. I'm Ok with that. It would be nice if they do release future updates to still make the PlayBook better withing the PlayBook OS.

BlackBerry for life. Kick'n it with my Z10.
    07-04-13 06:54 PM
    Samsung earnings ALSO disappoints.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...2f725172f25.01

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 10:14 PM
    Samsung earnings ALSO disappoints.

AFP: Samsung posts disappointing Q2 earnings estimate

Posted via CB10
    Samsung and Apple can afford to disappoint not BB.
    07-05-13 07:46 AM
    Neither companies stock has tanked 30% in the last week.
    Apples to Oranges comparison. Like comparing the number of BB10 devices sold last quarter to Apple's first quarter in 2007.
    07-05-13 07:48 AM

Kevin published an Editorial just now asking for YOUR opinion of what he should tell Thorsten Heins if/when he meets with him. The survey DOES include a section on the Playbook and ask for our feedback regarding the cancellation of the BB10 update. I would urge EVERYONE (even those of you who don't think it will work!) to take the survey.

In the Playbook section, express your disappointment/outrage (if you need some inspiration, read my original post , BUT ALSO (and this is very important) demand that Blackberry push out an update to Playbook OS that addresses our most minimal concerns - Cascades, Android runtime, browser, etc. Make it clear that pushing out a Playbook update is CRITICAL to regaining your trust and will affect your future smartphone purchasing decision.

From the Editor's Desk: Take this Mega BlackBerry survey and have your voice heard! | CrackBerry.com

Again, we have nothing to lose and everything to gain, so be positive, take the survey, make your voice heard, and let's see if we can make a difference!

P.S. Thank you to Kevin for publishing this survey. I don't know if this thread had any role in his decision to do so, but I applaud him for taking the community's pulse before he marches on Waterloo.
    BBRY/CB Nation or whatever you want to call it IS a user base and word of mouth advocate for the BBRY products and accessories we have invested in over the years. Maybe "Misrepresented" -VS- Liar goes over better to get and keep their attention during these discussions. What's done is done and maybe BBRY could address WHAT CAN REALISTICALLY be done with the PB to bring it up to speed. And if possible BE HONEST about their intent!!!!! If there is no plan to further support the PB with any kind of upgrade then just SAY SO!!!! They should have learned something from their efforts to make some informed decision about what can or does work.

Get some credibility back at least from those of us who do have PB's and want them to work. Not to mentioning the Law Enforcement agencies who came on board with the PB..... How do they recover from that type of investment if apps are not being created for their needs. Who's in charge of Key Accounts at BBRY???? Whoever it is is NOT doing a very good job. IMO
    Last edited by pblakeney; 07-05-13 at 09:49 AM.
    victorshikhman likes this.
    07-05-13 09:00 AM
    Thorsten Heins will say : BB10 update for playbook is coming soon hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Or Later this year
    07-05-13 10:05 AM

Yeah, I took the survey. It took awhile to get everything off my chest but it was a cathartic experience. A section on Thor, too. He said he won't deliver the message at the shareholder's meeting but in private.
    07-05-13 11:02 AM
    As far as I'm concerned, just one question, and all I want is a straight answer, YES or NO.

Will there be any significant updates to the PlayBook operating system. By significant updates I mean proper improvements to the main subsystems; browser, keyboard etc. not just minor bug-fixes.

EDIT: Took the survey too, and made the point about simply wanting a small update of browser and keyboard, and maybe a few other nice tweaks, or else, a CLEAR statement that that just ain't gonna happen...
    Last edited by ChrisMay; 07-05-13 at 11:44 AM.
    07-05-13 11:21 AM
    He said he won't deliver the message at the shareholder's meeting but in private.
    Will Kevin sit at Thor's feet or the other way around.
    Like ANY of this will make a different. The power of the Fansite.
    07-05-13 11:22 AM
    All you whiners complaining about no BB10 need to get some wood, build a bridge and get over it.

Canadian Z10 owner on Telus
    Put your money where your mouth is and buy mine then if it's such a great tablet as it sits. I purchased for $349 +taxes and will sell to you for $140 barely used. Thats cheaper then blackberry is selling on their website.

Good deal right? You should be jumping all over it. Unless you have a Z10 that is and the feature you would buy it for (being that bridge) no longer works

Posted via CB10
    Just curious, why did you buy a tablet that doesn't suit your needs without an OS update that it didn't have when you bought it?
    RE: In regards to BDot-1, and your comment about buying a item that doesn't suit your needs at the time of sale - which is really not important as the main issue here is if Kevin will put pressure on BlackBerry July 8th, 2013 to make things "right".

In the electronics and software field it (heck all products) it's common knowledge company A is in a race to get a product to market before company B, C, D, etc. What I've found over the years is most companies release what is basically a "beta", then patch it up / add features later.

I can't look into BDOT-1's mind but I would assume he's like the many hundreds upon hundreds of thousands of persons who purchased a PlayBook expecting it to "WORK", then found it was missing functionally he needed.. then instead of returning the device ran across info that implied RIM would be adding functionally competitors units have.

He may for example called the manufacturer and fell for the "Hey we're working on it, fix will be out next month" delay tactic, Then said to himself- This BlackBerry company surely wouldn't lie, so I'll wait till next month. BAM, he's out of the return window.

Regardless of the reason by the time most have discovered the PlayBook won't work for them, most are out of the return window for the product.

As it relates to the CEO of BlackBerry going back on his word- which is the reason for this very important thread.

Until I purchased (4) PlayBooks, those purchases based upon the CEO of BlackBerry stating publicly ALL PlayBooks would get a update to the new "Wiz-Bang-This OS is going to save BlackBerry from bankruptcy OS called BB10.... I had no idea BlackBerry/RIM has a history of jerking customers around, delaying updates to the core OS and apps.

I thought "BlackBerry" products, who's target market traditionally has been the "Professional" sector - would act in a Professional manner... releasing professional grade devices that have undergone excessive real-world testing before the products release, then addressing any issues in a timely manner.

FF22 and victorshikhman like this.
    07-05-13 01:15 PM
    Kevin, just tell Heins he should sell Blackberry and end the agony so we can all move on.
    I have lost the excitement of having a playbook and z10, I am convinced that the next step is the death of the BB Bridge.
    There are currently many businessmen and women, politicians, canadian and abroad, who will be let down by things promised but not delivered.
    BBPB was really the only device I enjoyed and felt good about using.
    Z10 made my day on Feb 6th of 2013.
    Right now, I am livid at the thought that for whatever reason, techonology like this is going to **** and that blackberry will be going tits up.
    You failed to market this probably and you lied from the start.
    So Kevin, as much as you would like to believe there is something next for Blackberry, we the many fans realize it is pretty much the end and Heins best do the honorable thing and sell it all to motorola, google even apple....what the heck.
    Within a year, it won't matter.
    07-05-13 01:55 PM
    Companies change their mind all the time. I've repeatedly cited the example of Windows 8 (where Microsoft strongly resisted user demands to startup into desktop mode and re-implement the Start button) and Xbox DRM/used games/always online, where they practically called their critics morons, and then backtracked and did everything their customers wanted. There are many other examples. Decisions like this are not set in stone. It's only people on the other end, and people change their minds.
    Windows 8 and XBox One are upcoming products that Microsoft wants to sell so that is a big difference. And they are not bringing back the Start button. They are adding a button that makes it easier to transition from the Desktop mode to the Tablet mode Start Screen. Not that that matters, but it is fairly misleading to say that the Start button is coming back.
    07-05-13 02:37 PM
    Until I purchased (4) PlayBooks, those purchases based upon the CEO of BlackBerry stating publicly ALL PlayBooks would get a update to the new "Wiz-Bang-This OS is going to save BlackBerry from bankruptcy OS called BB10.... I had no idea BlackBerry/RIM has a history of jerking customers around, delaying updates to the core OS and apps.
    Did you research what capabilities were available to be used immediately? Did those capabilities meet the needs you were trying to satisfy with the purchase? Were you planning to set the PB's aside until the update, and then use them at that point?

Personally, if the answers to any of those were "No" I would never have purchased that product. Regardless of what may be promised to com later. Heck, I many not even be around later to see the update! If I can't open the box and get the things I need out of it, it's as useful to me as buying a car with 3 wheels, and the 4th promised to be delivered eventually.

From my professional standpoint:

As a salesperson, I wouldn't ever advise a customer to buy something on that basis. I'd rather have them not buy something at all, than to buy something that wasn't what they needed. Let alone an item which, if they tried to use it on the current ineffective system, would be problematic.

Sure, a CEO should be trustworthy, which I why I said he should have never promised the update. But I do understand that things don't always work out quite right in the real world.
    07-05-13 02:49 PM
    Did you research what capabilities were available to be used immediately? Did those capabilities meet the needs you were trying to satisfy with the purchase? Were you planning to set the PB's aside until the update, and then use them at that point?

~snip~
    Prior to purchase the Thorsten Heins CEO of BLackBerry stated the devices would get a update to BB10 OS with all that entails.

Decision to purchase was based upon info from the CEO - not just a random employee saying things that he doesn't know anything about.

So far as it working out of the box guess you missed this part of my previous post.
    In the electronics and software field it (heck all products) it's common knowledge company A is in a race to get a product to market before company B, C, D, etc. What I've found over the years is most companies release what is basically a "beta", then patch it up / add features later.

PS: Upon receiving the units. First impression good build quality. First impression upon visiting "APP World" is a VERY poor selection of apps for the device. (I thought I was on a kiddie site with games for 5 years olds at first)

Upon my first browsing experience.... I'm thinking something's wrong with the network I'm connecting to... or half the cpu is working.

I can see why the units didn't sell well.

07-05-13 03:41 PM
    Prior to purchase the CEO of BLackBerry stated the devices would get a update to BB10 OS with all that entails.

Decision to purchase was based upon info from the CEO.

So far as it working out of the box guess you missed this part of my previous post.

PS: Upon receiving the units. First impression good build quality. First impression upon visiting "APP World" is a ****-poor selection of apps for the device. (I thought I was on a kiddie site with games for 5 years olds at first)

Upon my first browsing experience.... I'm thinking something's wrong with the network I'm connecting to... or half the cpu is working.

I can see why the units didn't sell well..
    That part of your post doesn't address the issue. Whether it is "beta" or not, it still will or will not do what you need it to do. If it did, then even though you didn't get the update, you at least still have working, useful tablets. If it didn't, then the best move would have been to return them and repurchase after the update was available.
    07-05-13 03:45 PM
    "Look before you leap".
    There are some here that think that Thorny made the Playbook decision to drop BB10 based upon the best interest of the company. Well not telling anyone for months that there would not be a BB10 for Playbook definitely allowed BB to sell more obsolete Playbooks. But at the same time it sent a message and in the long run that message will hurt BB more than help them. Should have been up front with your customers, Thorny.
    07-05-13 03:46 PM
    Ill be doing the survey.

Removal of BIS - *****, invest in compression and servers - if Opera and Onavo amoungst others can do it why cant the original company ?

Before buying my PB I called Blackberry UK who confirmed Thornyass quote BB10 was coming to PB, inducing sales with misleading information to enduce consumers to purchase is a CRIME - now remind me again which laws in your country STOP such ILLEGAL 'sales' practice...I'll start off....

UK - Trade Descriptions Act, Sale of Goods Act & Consumer Protection Act

(Microsoft will buy BB, Thornyass is just running it to the ground first)
    07-05-13 06:23 PM
    Here's a timeline of Thor's ramblings.

In 2012 after taking over as CEO: I will change things, RIM will listen to its customers better!

Sometime in 2012: BB10 will be coming to PB after BB10 phones are out (after pushing back BB10 for another year)!

January 2013: BB10 will be coming out for all Playbooks!

June 2013: Tablets will be dead in 5 years!

July 2013: No BB10 for Playbooks!

The guy comes across as a total buffoon with no concept of what customer satisfaction and PR mean. Maybe the same could be said of the entire management over at BBRY. If you can't trust the CEO's word, then am I supposed to trust the janitor's instead?
    07-05-13 08:50 PM
    Here's a timeline of Thor's ramblings.

In 2012 after taking over as CEO: I will change things, RIM will listen to its customers better!

Sometime in 2012: BB10 will be coming to PB after BB10 phones are out (after pushing back BB10 for another year)!

January 2013: BB10 will be coming out for all Playbooks!

June 2013: Tablets will be dead in 5 years!

July 2013: No BB10 for Playbooks!

The guy comes across as a total buffoon with no concept of what customer satisfaction and PR mean. Maybe the same could be said of the entire management over at BBRY. If you can't trust the CEO's word, then am I supposed to trust the janitor's instead?
    ^ +1

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 09:18 PM
    Blackberry CAN and WILL push out an update to PB
    Based on what evidence? A statement made by the same people that said "BB10 would be coming to the playbook"?
    07-05-13 09:47 PM
    It is not only the (supposedly) 100K new users that bought PlayBook on the basis of "BB10 is coming to town" that have been betrayed... but as well as those old users who keeps their PlayBook, waiting patiently (instead of dumping and jump to another brand), convinced others to buy PlayBook and believe on that "delivery" promised...

It is not the PlayBook itself that matters a lot... but those USERS (person) who supported BlackBerry when they introduced the PlayBook on the market and believe on them from the very beginning...

Mr. Heins should value that too (not only those stakeholders)... for the future of BlackBerry... and Kevin should deliver that message...

Posted via Z10
    07-05-13 10:10 PM
    No doubt, when the time comes, Kevin will know what to say to represent CrackBerry Nation.

from my Z10 on Dev OS 10.2.0.341 (~_*)
    07-05-13 10:16 PM
    Okey... I would put my two cents...

Mobile phone industry is getting saturated as we keep hearing now..
    So... the killer feature that BlackBerry can intoduce now is

Modular Processing..

Idea is... the ability for Z10 to connect to different processing units and exploit the fragmented processing power that a person might have access to..
    Z10 only used as a remote..

First thing..

Ability to install apps on the Link on a PC or mac.. and APIs for the developers to be able to send processing instructions to to the link... I then, can access the processed file remotely..

Home Link... QNX based processing unit with all the IOs at home, like IR capabilities to the wireless hdmi to wifi to everything..

Work Link... a bigger processing unit..

Later, being able to use processing power of all shared BB10 devices...

I mean over the next few years, data transfer rates are going to be crazy, with Google fibre coming out and all of the rest trying to catch up.. Only thing slowing the productivity down would be the processing power... now by exploiting the fragmented processing power, BlackBerry can once again lead the tech industry to a new era...

Hopefully, I am not being too crazy here...

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 10:52 PM
414 ... 910111213 ...