They should release a new tablet and offer PB owners a significant trade in credit for their PB.

Also, they need to do more and BETTER MARKETING.
    So the company created a new platform BB10, not doing so well, now it's going to release an OS7 device. At the same time PB no longer get BB10 support but decided to release a new PB? I don't think anyone can follow their roller coaster style of management.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-01-13 02:00 PM
    So the company created a new platform BB10, not doing so well, now it's going to release an OS7 device. At the same time PB no longer get BB10 support but decided to release a new PB? I don't think anyone can follow their roller coaster style of management.
    The new owners will find it easier and more compatible with their current platforms with OS7 rather than trying to get into some rejected coders head and try to work out what "the hub" is/was/might be and why the hell its there in the first place!
    07-01-13 02:08 PM
    No not at all. What I'm saying is he has done what he was employed to do. Turn BlackBerry into a viable company that will reap at least some financial benefit for the shareholders when floated on the exchange. No company would take on BIS or bridge, it's not in their financial interest to do so. Too complicated and employees don't have the skill sets to support it. Too long a learning curve to be of interest. The bb10 phones now operate just like all the other smartphones out there only BlackBerry 10 phones do it badly. Some other company will buy BlackBerry name and with very little tweaking bring the handsets in line with their own current handsets completely and very quickly. Get the drift?

Posted via CB10
    With all due respect, I'm not sure the BlackBerry name has any value at this point. Not when the less than stellar launch of an immature platform and the withdrawal of support on it's predecessor. This is a mess that could have prevented with some basic pr skills. Each announcement could have chosen appropriately without making the company looks like operating by a bunch of fools who do not know which side is head and which side is tail.
    07-01-13 02:10 PM
    Doesn't make it right to back out of a promise however long ago it was made! I'm not upset and I did pay full price for my pb on the day they were released but the morality of it remains.
    I agree that if promised, they should deliver. But I understand that in business (as in all of life), sometimes things don't work out that way. He shouldn't have made the promise if he wasn't 100% sure of delivery, that's his fault.

On the other hand, as a general rule, one should never buy something that isn't what they want/need, based on the hope that one day it will be. Doing so leaves no room for blame on anyone but the buyer.
    07-01-13 02:12 PM
    Doesn't make it right to back out of a promise however long ago it was made! I'm not upset and I did pay full price for my pb on the day they were released but the morality of it remains.
    At least admit that it has encounter problem that will make pb operate less than optimal with BB10, therefore it's no longer viable for the company to pursue such development. The company at this time cannot afford to locate resources to update pb at it's current os. Should the opportunity arises it will revisit the option again. Such statement do not have to release the same time as the Q1 results. It does not change the fact that pb is dead but in terms of pr perspective the negative impact should be lessen.
    bp3dots and victorshikhman like this.
    07-01-13 02:20 PM
    Does this mean the Playbook is going tonget OS7.1 ?
    bambinoitaliano likes this.
    07-01-13 02:45 PM
    With all due respect, I'm not sure the BlackBerry name has any value at this point. Not when the less than stellar launch of an immature platform and the withdrawal of support on it's predecessor. This is a mess that could have prevented with some basic pr skills. Each announcement could have chosen appropriately without making the company looks like operating by a bunch of fools who do not know which side is head and which side is tail.
    Keep going cat, your almost there! Why suddenly change your company name from Research In Motion, which made them famous, to Blackberry? Because Joe public has no idea who RIM are and have no real interest. When they choose a phone they choose a brand name, Nokia, Samsung etc etc.......... They don't ask for a RIM phone! The name Blackberry could become just another windows handset just like Nokia have done in the blink of an eye. They could still retain the RIM part of the company, for whatever reason they dream up and continue pursuing thors dream of everyone carrying a 50" screen round with them to connect into their new windows blackberry!
    07-01-13 02:52 PM
    Simple-----NEVER PROMISE SOMETHING YOU CAN'T DELIVER AND ALWAYS BE A PESSIMIST WITH THE PRESS.
    07-01-13 03:02 PM
    Ohhhhhhhhh. Inspiration - a PB with OS7. Brilliant!

At least it would fit in the pb's miniscule 1igig brain!
    07-01-13 03:32 PM
    Tell him to Hire me for marketing I will put blackberry back up to number 1
    07-01-13 03:51 PM
    Tell him to Hire me for marketing I will put blackberry back up to number 1
    So you can sell ice to the Eskimos eh? Good on ya!
    MizzCrack likes this.
    07-01-13 03:55 PM
    I think Kevin should thank BB for announcing the soon to be death of the PB now rather than later. By this evidence of how low BB was sinking, we can now make a choice for our future purchases from someone besides BB. Prediction, BB will no longer be in business in 9 months. Best case scenario is a buy out, but who would want it? Thanks BB.
    kraschute likes this.
    07-01-13 04:07 PM
    Ohhhhhhhhh. Inspiration - a PB with OS7. Brilliant!

At least it would fit in the pb's miniscule 1igig brain!
    Sneaky ******* Thor beating around the bush for not updating our pbs!! Brilliant marketing in that case.
    07-01-13 04:16 PM
    While I am not usually a fan of blasting the CEO of a company, I do agree that someone should look at the BlackBerry board of directors and use three words that describes how the blackberry user feels about the direction of the company. "lack of integrity"
    07-01-13 06:17 PM
    "Sir, most Blackberry users will no longer believe you, even if you say that grass is green and the sky is blue. What will you do to win back the lost trust of the loyal base that you have squandered? How can anyone believe any product announcement that you make after the Playbook OS 10 debacle?"
    victorshikhman likes this.
    07-01-13 07:34 PM
    "Sir, most Blackberry users will no longer believe you, even if you say that grass is green and the sky is blue. What will you do to win back the lost trust of the loyal base that you have squandered? How can anyone believe any product announcement that you make after the Playbook OS 10 debacle?"
    I heard you. Playbook was ahead of it's time, it's the beta of our current BB10 devices such as Z10 and Q10 and even R5. We have come along way as we strive towards mobile computing. Playbook has serve it's function for us to keep moving forward. As we push out more update, we realize the tablet no longer fit into our road map for the future of mobile computing. Rather than wasting our energy and resources, we are focusing on the next phase of BB10 platform. Our loyal customers have been with us every step of the way. It is through your support that we are able to launch BB10 successfully and it because of your continuos support that BlackBerry will have some exciting new devices coming soon. Our decisions ensure BlackBerry has a place and future within a very competitive market. Next question!
    07-01-13 07:55 PM
    My wish is for the executives (mostly the three stooges Boulben, Heins, and Saunders) is to be openly BOOed....and loudly. I'm an American, and I like to watch the House of Commons on C-SPAN....man, those folks THROW DOWN....you brits have an exciting/hilarious govt process.

I would like to see something like that....maybe Kevin could take an air horn, and everytime one of them tried to speak, he could use the horn and shout LIAR
    Last edited by w0lfgang; 07-01-13 at 08:12 PM.
    07-01-13 08:01 PM
    While I am not usually a fan of blasting the CEO of a company, I do agree that someone should look at the BlackBerry board of directors and use three words that describes how the blackberry user feels about the direction of the company. "lack of integrity"
    How about W.T.F or W.T.H instead?
    07-01-13 08:17 PM
    "Tell'em were listening, but hurting from the poor decisions of late products, promises not held, half baked Apps that are worthless to those of us that need apps that have function beside games and music. Android apps that suppose to work, understand some do, most do not. I have tried over sixty different apps on the SMS text to speech hands free, do not work with the OS10. As a stock holder having invested thousands in Trust and optimistic future of the OS10,Z&Q.. now with a 27 % decline in stock value because of the poor support, both at BB, and vendors with the exception of a few. BB does not understand the North America Market, and from what I have seen in the past 18 months, same BS just different day.. Is anyone at HQ have any idea what your problem is in the North America Market. Does anyone really care ? I wonder. You people may think apps are not important.. But just about anyone you talk to when they go into buy or lease a phone.. Apps and applications to their life on how the phone will fit as an extension of their life.. NOT BB's life, The Consumer's Life.... as Apple's Steve Job's said "listen to what the customer wants, provide it, They Will Buy It" how much more Dumb than Dumber BB HQ exec. plain language do you need.
    I will give you this much, you built a Good OS-10, a Good Z & Q.. but it has no SEX appeal to the market because of both physical and apps..lacking... look face it. SEX sells for from the male/female perspective.
    WAKE UP BB, get on the ball, do whatever you have to do with you Apps providers to fix your poor image with the new system and phone.. as well as some of the poor knowledge of your sales people with vendors, as well as direct reps in the field, that do not return call and messages, or just Settle for maybe 3rd place or 10th place.

Truly Sincere,
    Capt RF, CEO Corp2Air,LLC
    ps. if anyone should doubt the above, write me I will give you specifics, dates, names, times, places for the failures as mentioned above.
    MizzCrack likes this.
    07-01-13 08:22 PM
    Hey I like you!

When I purchased my Playbook a little over a year ago, I chose not to do it through various distribution channels, but directly from Blackberry. I specifically asked the sales guy, an employee of (then) RIM, is BB10 coming to Playbook? He answered, "absolutely".

I had a chance to sell my Playbook half a year ago, but I didn't, because the CEO of the company made a public promise that BB10 would be coming to Playbook, and, being a supporter of Blackberry products for nearly a decade, I didn't want to miss out on the user experience and added functionality. I trusted Heins' word, and it wasn't him alone - many Blackberry execs made public promises, even recently(!) that Playbook would get BB10.

I get a lot of use out of the Playbook now. I use it for lecture notes, for watching videos, web-surfing, gaming, powerpoints, pdf's, etc. When my laptop died on me suddenly I connected a bluetooth keyboard and mouse and used my Playbook for work-critical purposes for over two weeks as my primary computing device until my laptop was fixed.

But I and we were promised more. BB10 gives us the ability to run Skype, Whatsapp and the thousands of great new apps being developed for BB10 (and which we were PROMISED AGES AGO). The upgraded Android runtime would have given us access to a whole new universe of apps, while the vastly improved browser over this laggy, fidgety, unstable checkered-screen dinosaur would have carried us for years to come.

To rip the rug out from under Blackberry's most devoted supporters like this is a stupid move. We are an installed base of nearly 2.5 million! To have pushed this update would have solidified us as future customers. Thousands who now use their Playbooks as doorstops would have picked up their Playbooks again and would have been introduced to the new, updated user and performance experience. Why spend MILLIONS on inane superbowl commercials when simply delivering on your PROMISES would have sent hundreds of thousands of your loyal customers back into extolling your virtues to all their friends?!

To show the finger to the thousands of Playbook developers who made the platform USABLE at a time it was completely useless is a complete betrayal. I feel terrible for KalemSoft, Pdf Reader, Book reader, Battery Watch and the many other small developers I've been happy to support; developers that made products I use daily, and that catered product development to the needs of the community here on the CB Forums.

I truly feel I have lost confidence in the ability of this company to deliver on ANY promise it makes. I was planning on upgrading to a Q10, or the A10. I have been recommending to my friends to look at those devices, and have been forwarding them stories about Blackberry's successes in the UK and France. Several android fanboys were just nearly swayed by my efforts. I'm ashamed to say, ashamed(!) for fruit's sake, that one of my friends now owns a Q10 because of MY lobbying.

I will no longer promote BB and intend to abandon the platform and the company. Why bother, when iOS and Android keep their promises, when Firefox and Ubuntu and Tizen mobile platforms are on the horizon? I'm willing to bet THEIR CEOs won't treat truth as an afterthought, won't lie to our face, without any shame. After reading through crackberry forums, I know I am not alone. This company has disappointed many of us for the last time.

I am a nobody, and I realize this. We tens and hundreds of thousands who stood by blackberry through its darkest days, who supported its developers and bought its products on the hope of a turnaround, on the promise of ever better technology, superior hardware and groundbreaking software - we are nobodies, and we realize this. What makes it sad is that we still believe in the potential of the technology. (I can't believe it... Thorsten Heins has turned me into a rambling WebOS fan.)

But Kevin is a somebody. Kevin runs the biggest Blackberry fan site in the world, speaking to hundreds of thousands of Blackberry users and abusers. Kevin has invested half a decade of his life, and a substantial portion of his worth (and future earnings potential) into the fate of Blackberry. (The poor guy was drinking on the post-earnings CB conference call, and I don't blame him.) And Kevin is going to be there at the shareholder meeting July 9th, when Thorsten Heins and his pack of liars have no choice but to sit there and take it.

So, what should Kevin say at the shareholder meeting July 9th?

Kevin, you have always been an optimist. I remember last summer, how you pulled the community through to what we all thought would be the BB10 unveiling in the fall. It wasn't pretty, remember? BGR and many others were predicting Blackberry's death and dismemberment. When BB10 was not delivered you kept it together and sold us on Thornsten Heins keeping his word for a January launch. The only thing this company still had was that man's word, you told us, and we just lost it. End of the day, the Playbook is just a gadget for me. This is your job, your life.

Kevin, if you're reading this, IT'S TIME TO TAKE THE GLOVES OFF. Tell them straight to their face that they've alienated their best, most loyal customers. Tell them they're a bunch of liars who covered their *** for a few months to liquidate some old inventory instead of being honest with their customers. (I hate myself for being gullible enough to think this would work, but) Tell them they only way they can regain our trust is by DOING WHAT THEY SAID THEY WOULD! That means a substantial Playbook update - including BB10 in whatever crippled version they can make work, including the Android runtime, including the browser update, etc.

If Microsoft can be hammered by users to bring back the Start button, or bludgeoned by negative feedback to rework its entire Xbox DRM/used games/always online strategy, there is no reason that Blackberry, with $3 Billion in CASH, cannot make this BB10 to Playbook upgrade work.

It is possible, and only YOU can make it happen, Kevin. It's time for OUR community to fight back. Name and shame them into submission. Hold them to their own promises. Help keep me and tens if not hundreds of thousands of others in the Crackberry family. That's what I think you should do on this conference call.

-------------------

P.S. Scanning the forums today, I see there are not a few delusional souls still defending Blackberry for killing the Playbook upgrade, or those who think that some kind of update is still in store. Let me spell it out for you sorry, pathetic fools: 1) you're doormats, 2) unless Kevin waterboards Heins at the shareholder meeting, aside from meaningless security patches, THERE WILL BE NO PB UPDATE EVER AGAIN. No Android runtime update, no opening of the platform for us to tinker with (why should they do ANY of this when they just ripped the bandage off once and for all?!) I was once just like you, thinking that Blackberry cared about its products, about its customers, or that the NEW Blackberry cared, or that at the very least, BB's CEO would not go back on his own RECENT word. Hahaha.
    07-01-13 09:35 PM
    Kevin, we would really appreciate it if you could speak on behalf of us all blackberry users at the BlackBerry AGM. We as owners of the PlayBook and BlackBerry 10 devices have stuck with RIM and now BlackBerry disappointment after disappointment, delays and we are on the ground level so to speak as advertisers of this amazing platform. We know what the average iphone or android user wants in a phone. We know what someone sitting on the fence wants in a phone. In a way, we are testers of the BB10 platform and by listening to what we have to say will not only help BlackBerry improve on the software but also reach out to the skeptics and misinformed. Does BlackBerry know what the average consumer wants? I'm beginning to think that they don't.

It really does hit hard when stocks tumble and every so called tech writer burns the midnight oil to write articles with nothing positive but when the stock is on the up there are no new news on blackberry.
    This is our chance to have our voice heard and there is no other way than to have our trustworthy editor in chief Kevin represent the Crackberry community and by large blackberry users at the AGM in a couple weeks time.

Posted via CB10
    victorshikhman and CaptrfsBB like this.
    07-01-13 09:37 PM
    I heard you. Playbook was ahead of it's time, it's the beta of our current BB10 devices such as Z10 and Q10 and even R5. We have come along way as we strive towards mobile computing. Playbook has serve it's function for us to keep moving forward. As we push out more update, we realize the tablet no longer fit into our road map for the future of mobile computing. Rather than wasting our energy and resources, we are focusing on the next phase of BB10 platform. Our loyal customers have been with us every step of the way. It is through your support that we are able to launch BB10 successfully and it because of your continuos support that BlackBerry will have some exciting new devices coming soon. Our decisions ensure BlackBerry has a place and future within a very competitive market. Next question!
    OF COURSE Thorsten or one of the others will pull this PR nonsense. Which is why I am urging Kevin to be strong and lay it out the way I did in the opening post. Don't let any of them smooth talk you into submission. These people flat out lied to their most loyal customers, apparently simply to help liquidate some excess inventory. They have no respect for their customers and developers, who stood with Blackberry through the company's worst days. Their words mean NOTHING to any of us now. They need to be told to go back and make good on their promises before even thinking of regaining anyone's trust.

Thorsten was supposed to be the white knight, the guy who would give it to us straight and keep his word, who would set the Blackberry ship back on course and clear out the old corporate trash. Blackberry's corporate culture of impunity, of open contempt for customers and developers, of sheer arrogance and willful neglect of their most loyal fans needs to be challenged. This isn't about a single device or a single promise, but a systematic pattern of abuse that has, over the course of years, crippled brand loyalty and eroded market share to dust.

This company doesn't respect the people who buy its products, or the developers who toil to make the platform a success. It expects us to rally behind the brand and then dumps us at the earliest opportunity, without having even come close to fulfilling its promises. All you BB apologists simply don't get it - business is not simply about money, it is also about people, about simple decency. Companies like Apple and Google make gobs of money, yes, but they exist and function to make great products that people will enjoy.

Even if pushing out the stupid Playbook update would have cost Blackberry money (how much would it really have cost them?!!! A few million, max? It was practically done!) Thorsten should have made a choice to stand with his customers, to deliver on his promise and to get as much of BB10 as possible - a platform he believes will lead BB to success for the next decade - into an installed base of 2.5 million Playbooks!

This should not have been a difficult decision for a company that stood with confidence behind its products, that cherished its customers, and had a CEO with the decency to live by his word. That's a Blackberry we would have rallied around.

But that's not the Blackberry that exists, and if they want our trust back... or, let me put it in a language even Thorsten can understand... if they want our MONEY ever again, they need to stand by their own 'effing word and deliver what they promised us!

Kevin, be bold, go out there and uppercut these people.
    07-01-13 10:03 PM
    I think Kevin should tell Thorsten to remove this!
    Attached Thumbnails What should Kevin tell Thorsten Heins at Shareholder Meeting Jul 9?-img_00000236.jpg  
    07-01-13 10:38 PM
    Keep going cat, your almost there! Why suddenly change your company name from Research In Motion, which made them famous, to Blackberry? Because Joe public has no idea who RIM are and have no real interest. When they choose a phone they choose a brand name, Nokia, Samsung etc etc.......... They don't ask for a RIM phone! The name Blackberry could become just another windows handset just like Nokia have done in the blink of an eye. They could still retain the RIM part of the company, for whatever reason they dream up and continue pursuing thors dream of everyone carrying a 50" screen round with them to connect into their new windows blackberry!
    i just wonder what will happen when BlackBerry is taken over....the phone will be called blackberry, the software gutted and replaced by 'Android' O/S . ... and before any Crackberians rise up and 'stone the heritic'.. remember...the current bb10 already emulates android, the playbook...(that red headed step child) os2.1.....also emulates android... And for all the complaining and disparaging of Android....one of the things users of BB10 want is an upgrade of Android to emulate Jelly Bean.....and...why would they want that???? because the 'apps' are on Android...not native.....but wait...they aren't native...because...there is no money...in developing ....or even 'porting' them over...FGS ....wake up...its only a nightmare.

The current Blackberry will be bought and broken up......and 'absorbed' into the 'buyers' stable....Any new phones will not be BB10 they will be Android (if you want them to survive) and you will be happy....and you will complain....but the new company will listen to you with the same indifference as the current one......and you will go and buy another phone/device.....from that company....until you tire of that or your brain turns to mush...and you become cheerleaders...or trollbashers...or apple haters........

But remember this my friends.........This company doesn't care about you!...They sell you the product, you buy it....thats as far as it goes. You are a stat, a sale...thats it.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-01-13 10:42 PM
    I would like to see something like that....maybe Kevin could take an air horn, and everytime one of them tried to speak, he could use the horn and shout LIAR
    This is fun! I like it! LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 10:43 PM
414 ... 34567 ...