Maybe you misunderstood? I'm agreeing with you and extending your cake analogy.

BTW, billbsb has made a list of the features BB could bring to PB with little to no effort:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...aybook-824019/
    my bad, I'm sorry
    victorshikhman likes this.
    06-30-13 07:42 PM
    I believe the shareholders have the right to questions the ceo and the board of directors for the fail promise. However, my worst fear is BB is on the brink of collapse. Z10, Q10 and R5 is the last push by the company to keep the company afloat. The decimated result of Q1 might just prove that. Come next week we'll probably see the stock back to single digit again. The company is probably in no position to give a sh*t about pb update for that matter. Let see if the take over will happen soon.
    schwede likes this.
    06-30-13 07:46 PM
    06-30-13 07:55 PM
    As a loyal BlackBerry User and Invest or for many years:
    1. Start an effective marketing campaign. The Super Bowl Commercial was among the lamest I've ever seen.
    2. Stop missing deadlines.
    3. Protect and keep your commitments to your most loyal fans: the crackberry fans that continue you wait, buy your products (i.e. PlayBook). Then Heins talks like his decision is optional

Sounds like he is trying to run the company into the ground.

Look how we waited and waited. Remember the lame launch of the product? That should've told all of us something. How about watching how Samsung or Apple launches a product. I almost feel asleep watching the BlackBerry 10 announcement!
    06-30-13 07:59 PM
    why not you playbook owner hope for pb os 2,2 with more functions than get the bbos 10. I have got the playbook buh not so disappointed bbos 10 aint coming.
    06-30-13 08:02 PM
    Fire whoever is the head of Marketing!
    06-30-13 08:04 PM
    why not you playbook owner hope for pb os 2,2 with more functions than get the bbos 10. I have got the playbook buh not so disappointed bbos 10 aint coming.
    06-30-13 08:05 PM
    Because BlackBerry told their loyal base who went out and bought the PlayBook that it was be made available.
    06-30-13 08:06 PM
    Kevin should just get to the mic and state in a loud voice, "Thorsten.. you and your #*@& -ing team .. no more screw ups... you can't afford it ...and if you're not sure run it by my fantastic CB members before you say something bat-sh!t stupid cause they know whats best for your company."
    MizzCrack likes this.
    06-30-13 08:37 PM
    I would suggest asking them if there is a Plan B. If there is, spell it out, if there isn't then let us swap the OS. If I get Netflix and Skype I can probably keep on going for at least a year. Abandoning us is simply inexcusable.
    MizzCrack likes this.
    06-30-13 09:09 PM
    Thanks for creating this thread. I have no words to type as I'm very upset with BB. I feel sorry for supporting them.
    06-30-13 09:15 PM
    Tell him we're hacking the PlayBook whether he likes it or not: http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...7/index12.html We reached our goal too...($148/$125 raised to buy some broken PB's).

Ask him if we can have the Bentley! I could sell it to buy more broken PlayBooks...
    Last edited by chaosdivine; 07-01-13 at 09:04 PM.
    06-30-13 09:16 PM
    Go to the Apps section and look up the Origami Browser. http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...elease-809048/

The author actually made a software trackpad that works within the web browser. It's pretty cool and actually works. It could be modified most likely. Why don't you ask him?

06-30-13 09:20 PM
    Tell him we're hacking the PlayBook whether he likes it or not: http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...7/index12.html Halfway there to our goal too...you could contribute if you wish. Ask him if we can have the Bentley? I could sell it to buy more broken PlayBooks...
    I support the root effort, but let's face it, Blackberry engineers with access to all the code and hardware specs could do in a week what would take freelances a year. We shouldn't have to hack the Playbook when the CEO gave his word.
    06-30-13 09:23 PM
    I support the root effort, but let's face it, Blackberry engineers with access to all the code and hardware specs could do in a week what would take freelances a year. We shouldn't have to hack the Playbook when the CEO gave his word.
    I agree - it would be nice if they gave us a present but that's not going to happen. QuackQuack147 seems pretty enthusiastic and intelligent so why not try. You don't get anywhere unless you try. There are others in the thread who are talented too with lots of experience. Maybe we'll fail, maybe not. But we'll for sure fail unless we try. Now that we're in this predicament what else are we going to do except complain? I like hackers. They get sh!t done!
    web99 likes this.
    06-30-13 09:27 PM
    Kevin: What proof do you have of working on BB10 for PlayBook?

Thor: Well, uh...ummmm, we continue to evaluate our tablet strategy, but buu buttt soon.

http://i41.tinypic.com/2moqwbm.jpg
    Basically, it seems that BlackBerry never really works or even started BB10 in PlayBook... because if they do, they should know this even before Z10 went publicly...

Or unless, they really work on it and know that it would not be feasible but still make us believe that they will deliver it...

Posted via Z10
    06-30-13 09:31 PM
    Better products
    06-30-13 09:31 PM
    I still use and love my PlayBook, but I am losing faith in TH and BlackBerry. My wife and I just returned from a trip to Italy with friends and we both used our PlayBooks extensively every day. Some people had iPads and Galaxys, but most were impressed with our PlayBooks. We used them for checking emails, browsing, photos, videos, etc. The internet at most hotels in Italy is just horrible. It was hard to keep a signal, keep connected. We had more luck with our PlayBooks, than others did with their iPads and Galaxys.

Just yesterday, a friend's wife asked me if she should buy a PlayBook. Her husband has an iPad and an iPhone, but she loves her BB9930 and thinks she would like to have a PlayBook to compliment her phone.

I don't know what to tell her.
    06-30-13 09:38 PM
    Are we going to hear from KEVIN? I'm sure he has read this thread!
    06-30-13 09:44 PM
    I want them to be more specific with their plans and pipelines. coming soon is bs. broken promises is horrible and bad for business. just tell us what they are working on and what they arent

Sent from an ATM
    No trees were harmed during the making of this message
    06-30-13 09:44 PM
    I still use and love my PlayBook, but I am losing faith in TH and BlackBerry. My wife and I just returned from a trip to Italy with friends and we both used our PlayBooks extensively every day. Some people had iPads and Galaxys, but most were impressed with our PlayBooks. We used them for checking emails, browsing, photos, videos, etc. The internet at most hotels in Italy is just horrible. It was hard to keep a signal, keep connected. We had more luck with our PlayBooks, than others did with their iPads and Galaxys.

Just yesterday, a friend's wife asked me if she should buy a PlayBook. Her husband has an iPad and an iPhone, but she loves her BB9930 and thinks she would like to have a PlayBook to compliment her phone.

I don't know what to tell her.
    Get one cheap and local through Kijiji classifieds. Or craigslist or something. Honestly, to read ebooks on it's awesome. It's bright in the sunshine and has awesome speakers. I love wi-fi connectivity too. The only thing that personally bugs me is the slow browser but with OrigamiBrowser coming down the pipe, I'll be happy. It's an awesome browser. So if you can get one cheaply enough, do it. You can always use it as a car infotainment system. Get some kind of bluetooth music gateway and you're laughing. Just make sure the ports are not screwed up...
    06-30-13 09:45 PM
    When I purchased my Playbook a little over a year ago, I chose not to do it through various distribution channels, but directly from Blackberry. I specifically asked the sales guy, an employee of (then) RIM, is BB10 coming to Playbook? He answered, "absolutely".

I had a chance to sell my Playbook half a year ago, but I didn't, because the CEO of the company made a public promise that BB10 would be coming to Playbook, and, being a supporter of Blackberry products for nearly a decade, I didn't want to miss out on the user experience and added functionality. I trusted Heins' word, and it wasn't him alone - many Blackberry execs made public promises, even recently(!) that Playbook would get BB10.

I get a lot of use out of the Playbook now. I use it for lecture notes, for watching videos, web-surfing, gaming, powerpoints, pdf's, etc. When my laptop died on me suddenly I connected a bluetooth keyboard and mouse and used my Playbook for work-critical purposes for over two weeks as my primary computing device until my laptop was fixed.

But I and we were promised more. BB10 gives us the ability to run Skype, Whatsapp and the thousands of great new apps being developed for BB10 (and which we were PROMISED AGES AGO). The upgraded Android runtime would have given us access to a whole new universe of apps, while the vastly improved browser over this laggy, fidgety, unstable checkered-screen dinosaur would have carried us for years to come.

To rip the rug out from under Blackberry's most devoted supporters like this is a stupid move. We are an installed base of nearly 2.5 million! To have pushed this update would have solidified us as future customers. Thousands who now use their Playbooks as doorstops would have picked up their Playbooks again and would have been introduced to the new, updated user and performance experience. Why spend MILLIONS on inane superbowl commercials when simply delivering on your PROMISES would have sent hundreds of thousands of your loyal customers back into extolling your virtues to all their friends?!

To show the finger to the thousands of Playbook developers who made the platform USABLE at a time it was completely useless is a complete betrayal. I feel terrible for KalemSoft, Pdf Reader, Book reader, Battery Watch and the many other small developers I've been happy to support; developers that made products I use daily, and that catered product development to the needs of the community here on the CB Forums.

I truly feel I have lost confidence in the ability of this company to deliver on ANY promise it makes. I was planning on upgrading to a Q10, or the A10. I have been recommending to my friends to look at those devices, and have been forwarding them stories about Blackberry's successes in the UK and France. Several android fanboys were just nearly swayed by my efforts. I'm ashamed to say, ashamed(!) for fruit's sake, that one of my friends now owns a Q10 because of MY lobbying.

I will no longer promote BB and intend to abandon the platform and the company. Why bother, when iOS and Android keep their promises, when Firefox and Ubuntu and Tizen mobile platforms are on the horizon? I'm willing to bet THEIR CEOs won't treat truth as an afterthought, won't lie to our face, without any shame. After reading through crackberry forums, I know I am not alone. This company has disappointed many of us for the last time.

I am a nobody, and I realize this. We tens and hundreds of thousands who stood by blackberry through its darkest days, who supported its developers and bought its products on the hope of a turnaround, on the promise of ever better technology, superior hardware and groundbreaking software - we are nobodies, and we realize this. What makes it sad is that we still believe in the potential of the technology. (I can't believe it... Thorsten Heins has turned me into a rambling WebOS fan.)

But Kevin is a somebody. Kevin runs the biggest Blackberry fan site in the world, speaking to hundreds of thousands of Blackberry users and abusers. Kevin has invested half a decade of his life, and a substantial portion of his worth (and future earnings potential) into the fate of Blackberry. (The poor guy was drinking on the post-earnings CB conference call, and I don't blame him.) And Kevin is going to be there at the shareholder meeting July 9th, when Thorsten Heins and his pack of liars have no choice but to sit there and take it.

So, what should Kevin say at the shareholder meeting July 9th?

Kevin, you have always been an optimist. I remember last summer, how you pulled the community through to what we all thought would be the BB10 unveiling in the fall. It wasn't pretty, remember? BGR and many others were predicting Blackberry's death and dismemberment. When BB10 was not delivered you kept it together and sold us on Thornsten Heins keeping his word for a January launch. The only thing this company still had was that man's word, you told us, and we just lost it. End of the day, the Playbook is just a gadget for me. This is your job, your life.

Kevin, if you're reading this, IT'S TIME TO TAKE THE GLOVES OFF. Tell them straight to their face that they've alienated their best, most loyal customers. Tell them they're a bunch of liars who covered their *** for a few months to liquidate some old inventory instead of being honest with their customers. (I hate myself for being gullible enough to think this would work, but) Tell them they only way they can regain our trust is by DOING WHAT THEY SAID THEY WOULD! That means a substantial Playbook update - including BB10 in whatever crippled version they can make work, including the Android runtime, including the browser update, etc.

If Microsoft can be hammered by users to bring back the Start button, or bludgeoned by negative feedback to rework its entire Xbox DRM/used games/always online strategy, there is no reason that Blackberry, with $3 Billion in CASH, cannot make this BB10 to Playbook upgrade work.

It is possible, and only YOU can make it happen, Kevin. It's time for OUR community to fight back. Name and shame them into submission. Hold them to their own promises. Help keep me and tens if not hundreds of thousands of others in the Crackberry family. That's what I think you should do on this conference call.

-------------------

P.S. Scanning the forums today, I see there are not a few delusional souls still defending Blackberry for killing the Playbook upgrade, or those who think that some kind of update is still in store. Let me spell it out for you sorry, pathetic fools: 1) you're doormats, 2) unless Kevin waterboards Heins at the shareholder meeting, aside from meaningless security patches, THERE WILL BE NO PB UPDATE EVER AGAIN. No Android runtime update, no opening of the platform for us to tinker with (why should they do ANY of this when they just ripped the bandage off once and for all?!) I was once just like you, thinking that Blackberry cared about its products, about its customers, or that the NEW Blackberry cared, or that at the very least, BB's CEO would not go back on his own RECENT word. Hahaha.
    Now first let me say I feel for you and it sucks that this has made you and many others mad aswell. It does suck. I too am a long time loyal bb user and I have 2 playbook but your suggestion will not change anything. For one, Kevin never wanted bb10 on the playbook to begin with and also thought the the bb10 OS wouldn't work well on a tablet. Second, as much as I was waiting for a bb10 updates for the playbook too, I'm not that mad that it's not coming. I do think though that Thor heins could have handled the situation differently. I for one think that announcing that on a quarterly financial and numbers call was totally the wrong way to do it. They should have just had a separate press release and tell people that even though he said that the playbook would be getting the bb10 upgrade, after months of testing it just doesn't run the way they would be approved or accepted by them (blackberry), and apologize for letting consumers down. I think it would have been received much better. I myself believe that they had intended to upgrade the playbook at first when he said that but obviously they did not know that they would have issues with it. I would not want bb10 on the playbook if it wouldn't run properly. Also Thor mentioned that they would still support the playbook so maybe if they bring back bridge function or atleast BBM, a better browser and it would be nice to have the bb10 keyboard too. I do think that it's embarrassing that ios and android devices will have BBM and the playbook (which is a BLACKBERRY product) won't. That to me looks really bad. I only read your post and non of the other posts in this thread because I wanted to reply to your post. So if anyone else already posted what I have said, I apologize.

BlackBerry has alot of work to do to really make an impact and let's hope they get better over time.

Just so you know, my reply to your Comments are not meant to be mean or taken in a disrespectful way.
    victorshikhman and undone like this.
    06-30-13 10:21 PM
    These Blackberry apologists are plain silly. You see, there was never a cake to begin with, or it was never promised, or it's not really your birthday according to the lunar calendar, or you don't deserve a cake, or or or... anything but the REALITY, which is that Thorsten betrayed the trust of the Blackberry community, and then hushed it up for who knows how many months just to unload their excess inventory.
    There was a cake but it looked like a **** and tasted like ****.
    06-30-13 10:42 PM
    There was a cake but it looked like a **** and tasted like ****.
    the cake was a lie. if you don't know what that's from look it up.........
    06-30-13 10:44 PM
    Go to the Apps section and look up the Origami Browser. http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...elease-809048/
    Thanks for this chaosdevine. I installed the bar. It's a beautiful, fast browser. On the last page of the thread the developer writes how he didn't expect BB to kill the platform like this, no warning, no nothing. Someone put in hour after hour coding, trying to improve the app situation for the PB community, thinking they could get their product into App World and onto people's devices, imagining some innovative new features... and then WHAM.

I doubt the hundreds of small developers Blackberry was pleading with to program for the Playbook ecosystem a year ago expected their apps to have a one year shelf life. What a damn shame. The BB10 update would have easily extended the life of the platform another year or two, even without major BB support.

Anyway, people should try OrigamiBrowser:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...elease-809048/
    06-30-13 10:51 PM
414 1234 ...