If you don't want to help her then don't. what's with the attitude...
    Not aware that the OP is a she. As I mentioned earlier, it's a fan forum. We're ready to assist with serious questions since we love the PB, and bridging with a BB for that matter.
    12-26-11 07:52 PM
    Basically the bridge allows the PB to be the only tablet you can use data on....without needing a data plan(assuming you already have a BB)

Just leave your phone on with bluetooth and then whip out your PB
    LOL, my Applehead Step son looked at my Playbook and said,"Blackberry? Meh" Then I told him it has bridge to run off of the BB phones browser with no tether plan, his face dropped and he shut up and walked away.
    MXBerry likes this.
    12-26-11 07:54 PM
    While browsing the internet on bridge, you are using the service through your BB, therfore sites accessed by the browser like youtube, think you are on your BB phone and will not play videos (saying you need to update your flash player)
    Did you try this or are you just guessing?

I have no problem viewing flash videos and even playing games (just tried it) when connected to only Bridge. This is with the Bridge App from AppWorld, using either browser on the newest 1.8 OS. I have never seen the "update your flash player" on my PlayBook, or any issues loading content-rich sites over Bridge.

As for the point of Bridge: I use all the Bridge apps daily, and have lots of important/personal stuff in them. I can send emails, view memos, etc, but then disconnect it and it's all gone off the PlayBook if someone else wants to use it.
    12-26-11 07:56 PM
    LOL, my Applehead Step son looked at my Playbook and said,"Blackberry? Meh" Then I told him it has bridge to run off of the BB phones browser with no tether plan, his face dropped and he shut up and walked away.
    It's one of the coolest things I've used in a long time. When paired with my 4g Torch, browsing abroad with the PB is crisp.
    MXBerry likes this.
    12-26-11 07:59 PM
    If you don't want to help her then don't. what's with the attitude...
    thats what i was wondering
    12-26-11 08:13 PM
    yeah ive gone to this tip page thats been helpful. ive never used anything diff just got worried when things did not work out for me instantly. but nothings instant. thanks for those who gave links or tips
    12-26-11 08:16 PM
    yep..... a real useless paper weight !!! Let me gladly take it off your hands - you obviously have no use for it.
    ha ha. good one!
    MXBerry likes this.
    12-26-11 08:17 PM
    maybe its not for me. again it seems like a giant blackberry. i'm more confused on not being able to transfer data. i will try the desktop manager again. thanks jafobabe i'll check out your page and not be so quick to return it yet
    Set-up shares and folders; and, windows recognizes it as a drive,
    MXBerry likes this.
    12-26-11 10:33 PM
    To the OP.

Since my phone is iPhone 4S, if I'm out and about with my PlayBook (rare, cause I have the iPhone), I just turn on the iPhone's hotspot and can access the Internet exactly as if I'm at home. Those that list "accessing the Internet with only one data plan" as a unique feature of Bridging may be on a dataplan with punitive tethering charges. Those with mobile data plans that no longer distinguish between on-device data and tethering data have less need for Bridging.

Similarly accessing email is trivial if one uses webmail (like Gmail). Once one gets past the non-functional mobile portals (use Desktop page). This email access is also sometimes held out as a unique capability, as if one could never access e-mail without Bridging.

Bridging seems to be a neat feature, especially for those that really need it.
    12-27-11 11:01 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD