02-04-12 09:35 AM
36 12
tools
    i chose the 16gb, not because it's the cheapest of all playbook versions, but because i wont be downloading alot of stuff that will take up all the storage space.....just a few documents every now and then if im on the go, and probably up to 100 apps if they add more goodies as the time go by.....mainly got it for browsing the web while away from home and in boring enviroments with no entertainment lol, also for the media player, and the hd video recording, checking my email and video chatting.....theres more but i can't think of it right now lol

what did you all choose and why?
    02-03-12 04:07 PM
    I got mine when the sale was $299 for all three models. So why not lol. Still trying to figure out more uses for it but mainly its for media right now. Take some notes while working. Hopefully I will get some vacation and work videos also.
    02-03-12 04:11 PM
    32 gb. I like being able to have most of my music library on there along with a couple seasons of whatever tv show I'm into and space left over. I bought at launch though, so if i were to do it again today I'd try to get the 64gb.
    02-03-12 04:11 PM
    Maybe I should have stuck with the 32 as trying to "initialize" my new 64 was estimated to take 14 hours to update the OS! I know my dsl is not the fastest but 14 hours is a bit long.

It finally abandoned the effort and restarted. It is now estimating a less leisurely 39 minutes.

Rim really needs a better way to initialize new units.
    02-03-12 04:16 PM
    I bought the 32gb in April. I figured it was a good compromise in size and price.
    02-03-12 04:21 PM
    32gb. It has replaced my laptop. Not because it is awesome, but because my laptop is toast. Still, it is holding is weiht quite well.

Simce I keep most of my data files in the cloud (SugarSync/Box usually), I didn't need 64gb, but I didn't want to run out of space either, so 32gb seems like the sweet spot. And if you think about it, you can get over 100gb free from all the services combined. As long as your files are not huge and coverege is good,you can have the PB get everything from servers for you to work and them upload he files back up.

Use it for everyhing, from work to leasure.
    02-03-12 04:23 PM
    Maybe I should have stuck with the 32 as trying to "initialize" my new 64 was estimated to take 14 hours to update the OS! I know my dsl is not the fastest but 14 hours is a bit long.

It finally abandoned the effort and restarted. It is now estimating a less leisurely 39 minutes.

lol i had a similar experience with my 16gb playbook.....at first it was saying it would take an hour to update the os....it kept changing time frames as if it was confused O_O......but it updated quick tho regardless
    02-03-12 04:24 PM
    Originally bought a 16gig on launch day.
    Just bought a 64gig on the sale price that happened. Main reason for the 64gig was the space.
    02-03-12 04:26 PM
    Originally bought a 16gig on launch day.
    Just bought a 64gig on the sale price that happened. Main reason for the 64gig was the space.

you still have the 16gb as well? or did you sell it or trade it in?
    02-03-12 04:31 PM
    I got the 64 gb when it was first released. I did not want to have to worry about free space. I would do the same thing again, I just wished the battery life was a little better.
    02-03-12 04:37 PM
    I just picked up the 16gb model today from Office Depot for $199. Because of the price and the fact I really don't need much more storage then that. Now waiting for the IRS to give me what they owe me to pick up 9930 Bold from Sprint.
    02-03-12 04:40 PM
    I got a 32gig back in October of 2011. I wanted the 64gig but couldn't afford it at the time. The 16gig was clearly going to be too small. right now I have my 32gig about 50% full.

Now my wife likes to kick me in the teeth over all these sales going on where I could have waited and got the 64gig for less than I paid for my 32gig.
    02-03-12 04:41 PM
    i also wished it had a sd card slot like the galaxy tab.....would have been more convenient to pop a mirco sd card in and view pics and listen to music saved on them.....but still a good device none the less
    02-03-12 04:48 PM
    I got the 16 based solely on price. Since it was a week after launch, the 64 was $200 more. Also, I got my work to buy it so they weren't going to splurge. I haven't had too many space issues, but it would be nice to have more space just to be able to keep more pics and videos I shoot with it, on it. The Bridge functionality provides some access to files on your BB, so hopefully with some improvements to that we'll have the equivalent of an microSD slot.
    app_Developer likes this.
    02-03-12 05:07 PM

Hi,
    I really think you encountered a connectivity problem and not an initalization unit issue.I switched on so many units (Android and BBerry) and when i had this issue it's because the wifi coverage wasn't that stable.I have now a 64G and believe me, 35 min to install version .7111 and it was fast.and the best is to do it with the desktop software.

By the way,i switched from a 16G to a 64G because i had so many ebooks,media files agames and also apps that i haven't no much space on the 16G version and also i found the 64G at 300€! same price i bought my 16G months ago...no hesitation and now let the sun rise...February 17th?
    Last edited by AfroLoGeek; 02-03-12 at 05:31 PM.
    drmike likes this.
    02-03-12 05:22 PM
    I got a 16gb because of the second sale. If i waited a bit i would have tried to get the 64 for 299. I just wasn't sure how much i would use it. I seen a tablet kinda like a car with now wheels, good for a couple of things, bad for a lot more. Turns out I'm on the thing all the time. I love it.

My wife thought it was a bad idea to buy one but two nights ago said it would be nice to have another. At some point when I have some extra money I might go for a 64. Wife can use the 16.

James
    02-03-12 05:28 PM
    I got the 64GB one because all 3 models were the same price, so why wouldn't I? However, if I was able to find a 16GB one for 200 or cheaper, I might have gone with that instead. Nevertheless, I am happy with what I got and will find a use for the space.
    02-03-12 05:32 PM
    I got a 16 in July due to price ($100 off retail) plus I don't mind just taking stuff off and adding stuff on if needed.
    02-03-12 05:34 PM
    16 and 64.
    02-03-12 05:34 PM
    I had to get the 64 because in spite of all the crying and complaining I've heard and read I love BlackBerry products. It looks good with my Bold 9930. It was made by my northern neighbors who make good thing like RUSH
    stevepar likes this.
    02-03-12 06:05 PM
    I bought the 16gb in April based on price.I really wanted the 32gb but their was no way at the time i could afford it. Now that the apps are rolling in and the Android player should be here soon i dont i'll be able to manage a measly 4.7gb until the new BB 10 phones show up.
    02-03-12 06:14 PM
    i chose the 64gb because i am a huge music nut and wanted to be able to have alot of space for music and secondly it was $300 off so i figured i cant go wrong. I use my playbook everyday at work as my personal music player. I have loaded 620 albums on it, which is about 40gb. Size does matter for me go big or go home.
    02-03-12 08:05 PM
    the only thing i hated is thing i hated is that i couldnt use a $15 off coupon with office depot -__-.....stupid limitations lol
    02-03-12 08:20 PM
    64GB.
    I work night shifts so i can load it with movies to watch at work instead of lugging around a huge laptop with me. Also my fiance (as of not even a week ago WOOT!!) has a three year old buy so i strap on my Defender and he plays games and what not on it when I'm not using it. Finally I'm going back to school in Sept. so I'm going to be using it for school and going to figure out a way to get my textbooks on there as well as take all my notes.
    derrickps3 likes this.
    02-03-12 08:22 PM
    I chose the 64 GB because it was $300 off MSRP at the time, and with no SD slot, I didn't want to worry about storage. I, too, have a lot of music, but up until now, I've only used about 8 GB (including apps).
    02-03-12 08:25 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD