I'm very excited with the updates that the PlayBook is bringing with OS 2.0 but I realized something today that the PlayBok is seriously lacking: A Dedicated Voice Guided GPS! I'm not even considering that simple Bing Maps either as a GPS. I looked in the Android market out of curiosity and BOOM, there were TONS of them from different companies. Another thing I'd like to point out to RIM...can you please add USB hosting to it and to that leaked PlayBook Dock, please add a FULL sized SDxc card slot please! There currently isn't a way to transfer the photos from the PlayBook to facebook or other online site. I think one of the reasons RIM is losing share so much is because although they are improving they still have alot of ground to cover as far as features. I mean, look at Android and Apple for example. As a hardcore BB fan I hate to see them in the position they're in but their competitors have really useful and cool accessories such as armbands to go jogging in- BB don't have any! The competition has tablets with Full size SD card slots- BB doesn't! The competition has USB hosting or an accessory cable which allows them to connect an external hard drive or SD card to transfer photos- BB doesn't. This column is not to bash RIM in any way but simply an eye opening thread where hopefully they will see why people are leaving and dinosaurs like me are becoming few and far between. RIM, please give us what we want, give us accessories- useful ones not like that quick charging dock that is good for nothing more than charging. Give us more features like the competition- look at the eye-fi SD cards, they're not compatible with BlackBerrys. There's so many little things where the competition is ahead but the only reason I stick around is because 1. I love the look and feel of my device. 2. UMA- btw, on the next device please add hardware UMA not that software based one you have now! 3. Security- I would not dare look at my email or bank account on another mobile device if it isn't a BlackBerry! I know you're working hard RIM but please hurry, don't want to see you guys go under!
    02-18-12 01:35 AM
    you might wanna email RIM instead of posting on an enthusiast forum as nothing is going to change by posting here.
    02-18-12 02:27 AM
    I've never really been a big BB phone supporter, I liked them when they came out, enjoyed seeing them prevail in previous years but lately... I have a Playbook 64 gb, as well my wife, and I just bought my father a playbook 16gb for his birthday, I'm sure he won't use it as often as I could hope, so I got the smaller gb for him. I love the concept of the BB phone, and when I was due for my upgrade Feb 13, I test drove a Touch 9810 4G, AT&T; after a week I had it restocked. I don't have huge hands but that keyboard was even too small for my wife. Recently, as in last week I ordered an unlocked Bold 9900, great phone. Have to admit, this was the best and brightest BB I have ever used. Aside for the expensive apps that do common features on any android phone or iPhone, but i know BB needs to make money too. Thats neither here nor there. What I'm getting at is, my wife and I both have playbooks, now I bought one for my father. My wife's phone is the Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, mine is a Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro, pro for keyboard of course (I had an iPhone 3GS prior). My father more than likely has some crazy korean phone since he works in Seoul, and a stateside tracphone. I think there is great potential for Blackberry to make good money on their playbooks if they could be a little more innovative. I tried the blackberry bridge remote on both the BB's I tired out, it was an amazing experiance. I wish this could be possible for BB to make a APP for the remote feature for android, or dare I say a remote sold seperately along side the playbook for power points and such. Possibly a design of a BB 9900 but no phone connectivity, JUST BLUETOOTH. That would win me over 5-times fold. A bluetooth keyboard, and remote in a tight little package that looks like a phone, but is only for my playbook. I would definately buy Blackberry stock after that, not just their playbooks.

-If you survived my long rant, congradulations!
    Lets try to start a movement here if you agree with me.
    Last edited by Knolam; 03-11-12 at 11:36 PM.
    03-11-12 11:31 PM
    You want voice navigation on a device without an internal GPS and no WAN for quick location lock?
    03-12-12 08:11 AM
    I want a video and music player update!
    03-12-12 08:22 AM
    You want voice navigation on a device without an internal GPS and no WAN for quick location lock?
    Balderdash!
    03-12-12 08:41 AM
    Balderdash!
    Thanks for highlighting his error, the PlayBook does have an internal GPS bud!
    03-12-12 08:43 AM
    OP what you need is paragraphs.
    03-12-12 08:46 AM
    Thanks for highlighting his error, the PlayBook does have an internal GPS bud!
    I am really sick of people trying to hurt my business by making false statements. Like the character who wrote the following 2-star review for my app:

Title: no gps on wifi version

Created Date: Mar 9, 2012 5:40:53 PM
    Release: 1.5

Review Body:
    I was really waiting to find this app, since google version is really good. So without the gps it really doesn't work well, glad it only cost a buck, but the other information offered in the app is outstanding
    anon(3896606) and kbz1960 like this.
    03-12-12 08:52 AM
    OP what you need is paragraphs.
    LMAO.....going to be honest......I didn't read it, the old eye balls couldn't take it
    anon(3896606) and kbz1960 like this.
    03-12-12 08:52 AM
    I am really sick of people trying to hurt my business by making false statements. Like the character who wrote the following 2-star review for my app:

Title: no gps on wifi version

Created Date: Mar 9, 2012 5:40:53 PM
    Release: 1.5

Review Body:
    I was really waiting to find this app, since google version is really good. So without the gps it really doesn't work well, glad it only cost a buck, but the other information offered in the app is outstanding
    I am a developer also, this is the one thing I hate!
    I know how you feel!
    03-12-12 08:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD