03-20-14 07:32 PM
44 12
tools
    PlayBook is now firmly attached to my fridge (few magnets and a car case) in the kitchen and serves as a :
    Music player via Bose bluetooth speaker
    Music player while on verandah...
    Remote control for music streaming from my raspberry PI (not what is with berries and me...) via browser.
    Timer when needed for cooking (only if I cook)
    Video chats, rarely
    Quick calendar checks, for all family members
    Occasional Web browsing using Origami
    As a calculator if my daughter is too lazy to walk back to her room and want to confirm that 3+4=7...
    And I check news in the morning while eating breakfast, before fighting traffic...

So, fact is: 120 dollars for a tablet, which still have some use after 2 years, is awesome... most phones are gifted/sold/retired after 6-12 months...

Posted via CB10
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    03-17-14 08:22 AM
    I'm proud to say I still use my PlayBook quite often but it's main duty is the allocation of defensive products for national security. I use it to buy gun parts as I am a firearm enthusiast. Also it is faster than my ipad for Internet surfing so it conducts that duty as well.
    A madman buying a gun. That is why we need background checks!!
    03-18-14 05:42 AM
    Paperweight.

Shame, really because it's an awesome piece of hardware.
    03-18-14 06:53 AM
    I've still got 2 PlayBooks (64G) that I use practically every day, mostly video, some voice notes, sometimes music, sometimes internet radio. Occasionally light browsing, although sometimes I'd use my Z10 for much of that.

One of my PlayBooks runs significantly slower than the other - I suspect a wipe and rebuild would make it snappy - but it's just too much work, when I really don't care that much. It is the one that has more used storage on it, than the other (typically has around 7G free storage) - and that does seem to have a bearing, because when free storage decreases to something like 5G, it seems to get that bit slower. The other one that it noticeably quicker, has much more free storage available. Whether that's causation or purely correlation, I'm unsure.
    03-18-14 06:54 AM
    Alarm clock and portable streaming media player. I do occasionally use it for communication and browsing, but the poor browser stability and javascript speed makes browsing a pain.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-14 07:09 AM
    On the dock in my office used as a clock. Although, to be fair, I do use it to surf the interwebz sometimes

CB10'n it via da Z
    03-18-14 07:22 AM
    Media consumption, games, takes over personal BBM and SMS duties while the Z10 is charging.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-14 10:36 AM
    Still using mine pretty much for what it is, a decent little tablet that works well with my Z10.
    Still does all the things that make up my web life. Haven't felt the need to replace it yet. I can't see getting a newer tablet making much of a difference other than a bit of bragging rights.
    03-18-14 06:34 PM
    In my landing zone, next to my Bold, above my charging Q10-- showing time and weather through Cassandra...with scrolling news. When I need detailed weather, I swipe from left for forecast. My "Commerce" email is on the Playbook (amazon.com email, that sort of stuff)... Almost never comes off the charger...which means I get to use the extra-juicer to charge my Q10 from near-zero to 100% in just over 2 hours! (tested it for an experiment recently...)

That's all folks!

What permanent job have you relegated your Playbook to?-pb.jpg
    03-18-14 09:03 PM
    Daily Video Chat with my brother 250 miles away. We converse daily. Oh! I check the local weather now and again. That's it. Kept permanently on via desktop charger.

Ross
    03-19-14 04:38 AM
    I used it for media when i had the q10, but now with the z30 i hardly use touch it.
    03-19-14 01:50 PM
    Paperweight.

literally.. its been sitting on my nightstand in it's case for months. Probably doesn't even have a charge anymore. i keep shoving stacks of receipts and documents under it that I have to get to.
    03-19-14 02:17 PM
    Mine spends most week days entertaining me on my commute on the train.

Music, Movies and Music Videos. Its one of only a handful of tablets that can spend literally hour after hour with its screen on, being used and not suck up all its battery in a second.

As a piece of hardware, PlayBook Is very nice. For 2011 it was very much high end, and feels premium in the hand. Such a shame how it eventually turned out. Bloody BlackBerry bean counters, ruin everything once great about BlackBerry... :-(

Awesome Z10 on Three. BBM 2B80D5C2 or Tweet @geekl33tgamer :-)
    03-19-14 07:29 PM
    It's the clock in my living room, haha
    03-19-14 07:57 PM
    It sits by my TV with and HDMI connection. I had used it for watching rugby or YouTube on big screen, but most flash doesn't work on it now. Every once and a while I'll surf with it when my Z10 is out of juice at home, but the experience is frustrating because of the poor browser compared to Bb10. BB10 raised my expectations and PlayBook can't meet them.

Posted via CB10
    howarmat likes this.
    03-19-14 08:22 PM
    one of them keeps a charging stand do from floating away, the other I carry with me to amuse myself by watching my partner struggle with the gestures (he is a very adept PC user but just yesterday he was telling me with pride he was able to get into my iPad all by himself! He's just not about the touchscreens.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-14 08:30 PM
    One use? Just one?

For the most part, I use it much like the radio I used to carry with me everywhere when I was at University, but rather than listening to local radio, I usually (as my handle suggests) listen to one of the various CBC Radio One outlets, depending on the time and how much time-shifting I need (currently listening to CBC from Winnipeg). But I also use it to wake me up in the morning with Today's Alarm Clock, or as a large-screen version for my e-mail (and I do wish that Verizon would go to IMAP, so I wouldn't have to mark whatever I've already read on the PlayBook on my Z10. And then I also use it, tethered, to my Bold 9900, which when I'm home is sitting in a charging cradle in my office, while watching TV or whatever in the living room. When (if?) BBM is updated to allow video chat to my daughter's iPhone, I may even use it to do a video chat. But one use? I've really never found the PlayBook to do less than what I need.
    mh1983 likes this.
    03-20-14 10:45 AM
    Music at work and cleaning the house. The z10 speakers aren't loud enough.

Q10SQN100-5/10.2.1.2141
    mh1983 likes this.
    03-20-14 10:54 AM
    I use mine in the kitchen everyday for streaming music.
    Look up recipes, watch a movie.
    When we go into the camp fishing in the summer it is our entertainment in the camp at night, blasts music inside all night, or by the fire. It sits on the dock to charge with the generator or I use the solar charger.

Makes a great alarm clock beside the bed, shows the date and weather too. Still going strong after all these years!

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 07:32 PM
44 12