Since when is customer complaints damaging to a company?
    Cause and affect? Remember that?

In most of the retail world an increase of customer complaints indicates a problem with the product or company.

Also its not just us. Read the reviews too. I am sure they do much more damage than use little forum posters.

Fix the problem and the complaints will go away.

Do you see this type of complaining in the other product sections of the forums?
    No...not near as much.

Business 101...

Example: Do you see me jumping all over the 9650 forums with complaints?
    No. It's old and hitting EOL but it does what I want it to do and expect it to do.

Tim
    09-16-11 10:59 PM
    I give up some people will just never get it (or read and comprehend posts I guess..)
    09-16-11 11:30 PM
    I bought a PB but returned it. Not enough functionality. Good thing to, as the price on them is about to bottom out. $500 is simply too much to pay for promises of how great something will EVENTUALLY be.
    09-17-11 12:08 AM
    I've had my PlayBook for about a month, and I'm generally satisfied with it. Sure, I want the keyboard to do all of the punctuation and capitalization tricks that my BlackBerry phones have already done. And, while I'm not too concerned about "native e-mail" on the PlayBook, I really WOULD like to have my calendar and my notes always available on the thing.

But, I expect those things will come, eventually.

Meanwhile, I'm using the Bridge to connect to the Internet at my office, so I can surf the web at lunchtime. Without Wi-Fi, or tethering charges, or an additional data plan charge.

Meanwhile, EVERY iPad owner I know has NOT ponied up for a tethering plan or an additional data plan, and NONE of them have Wi-Fi they can log into at their offices, so what are they DOING with their "superior" devices? Playing Solitaire? Why on Earth are they dragging those twice-as-heavy things around with them, anyway?

That's the perspective I have. NOTHING is "perfect." But, I'm making entirely satisfying use of my PlayBook, and I have hopes that a few relatively minor details will be improved over time, and then I'll be even more satisfied with the thing.

Well said.

Personally, I am more optimistic about the Playbook's future today than I was a few days ago.

RIM has pretty much bet the farm on the use of QNX as a future OS platform. Despite all the negativity, it's _nothing_ compared to the drubbing they would have taken if it had been announced that RIM was going to abandon QNX. Yesterday was also about the last time RIM could reasonably have said that they were abandoning the Playbook [which is something I seriously feared might happen]. Now that we have been reassured that OS 2 will be a future reality, I think we're in pretty good shape.

I'm still very dismayed by RIM's silence on the progress of development of the Playbook and QNX however. I can easily understand and accept that progress may be slow and uncertain...it's very new territory for RIM. Frankly, I think all the people gnashing their teeth about 'broken promises' and marking dates on their calendars for the 'end of summer', and parsing the meaning of 'soon' or 'thereafter' are being extremely dumb. I am quite sure that RIM has no good idea of exactly when updates will be ready to roll out, or what unexpected roadblocks they will hit as they move along, and anybody not aware of that, is simply being like a little kid who asks "Are we there yet" during a long car trip. RIM should simply say that progress is ongoing, and their commitment to the Playbook remains firm...that is the message I want to hear...and the one everybody needs to hear.

The Playbook coupled with a Blackberry handset is a dynamite piece of technology. It may not be perfect, nor the answer for everybody's needs, but that's to be expected. People simply need to keep their expectations within the bounds of reason.
    09-17-11 12:11 AM
    I bought this product because of its "potential"... not because of its status quo 6 months ago... believe me, if I knew that it will take RIM that longer to fulfill its promises, I will never buy this PlayBook on the first place... I will definitely wait for it to be completed... now you may say, sell it! when you buy something because you trusted the company to fulfill their promises and then failed, the damaged has already done... it is not a simple "sell it" solution... believe me, if RIM will offer a full refund on those dissatisfied customers, I will not hesitate to return it... and wait for actual improvements...

You bought your Playbook knowing it lacks some important software and then proceed to ***** and moan about it,I don't get it.........why did you bother ? Surely you researched the tablet market the same as the rest of us ?? How do you think your comments on this forum are going to affect RIM's research ? Would you sooner RIM followed Apple and release updates in the shape of another tablet ? Sell your Playbook buy a iPad 2, I think you will be happier.
    Last edited by nhs_john_doe; 09-17-11 at 06:51 AM. Reason: content.
    09-17-11 06:49 AM
    You bought your Playbook knowing it lacks some important software and then proceed to ***** and moan about it,I don't get it.........why did you bother ? Surely you researched the tablet market the same as the rest of us ??
    Yeah, stu_pid of me... for believing the PlayBook's potentials within a promised time frame... are you also waiting for the so-called sweet OS2?...

How do you think your comments on this forum are going to affect RIM's research?
    I'm beginning to realize that... it will not... ignoring all those "complaints" and "customer dissatisfactions", and instead reading your post and the rest of the guys who believe that PlayBook is the best tablet as it is, I don't blame why RIM is complacency or having this "relax" state with regards to PlayBook... in fact, they can postpone the entire release of OS2 and still PlayBook is the best... no need to fulfill commitment... agree?...
    09-17-11 07:06 AM
    Low on time. I found your post interesting but the problem here is that I don't feel like its unworthy to me and it doesnt need to prove itself to me. I fit their demographic so perfectly it literally is the perfect match for someone like me. And I'm not an easy consumer to keep happy. If I didn't like it I would have gone for a refund
    Again, as I mentioned, if RIM will offer a full refund on dissatisfied customer, I wouldn't hesitate to return my PlayBook... and then, as I mentioned too, I would still buy it if the promises fulfilled and still no tablet that can suppress its specs... for me, (again "for me") hardware specs are important as well as the OS...

"Why even be here?"
    Because, RIM is not offering a full refund and I can no longer sell it in higher value (not this time, btw it cost me around US$900+ as early buyer), so I have to visit the forum and check for any updates... and while waiting, I guess, there is nothing wrong to have a little exchanging of views with you guys... I'm sorry that, we are not in the same side of the river...

You actually think RIM is going to pick up the pace because of all the whining and issues that everyone on the planet by now already know about? You think they will not improve it unless people scream and cry? They won't push themselves, they need a peanut gallery?

Actually it's a competitive market - improve it or go by the wayside. I think they figured that out without your help, hero. At this point, people are doing more damage than good.
    As I realized, yeah RIM will not listen to their "dissatisfied customers" because they are being branded as "whiner" or "iBoys", and the real customers are those who are already satisfied... that no matter how many times they will fail to deliver what they'd promised, they will still be great!... I guess, there is even no requirements for them to launch the OS2 at all... the PlayBook is already a great tablet as it is...

I'm not trying to be a hero my friend... I'm just trying to say to RIM that "hey, there are still customers that meant business with you"... just fulfill your promises on time... and if you failed, at least, be professional enough to enlighten us... I'm not even asking for them to say "sorry, for the delay", but at least, something that will treat us, or we, as "customer"... is that bad?...

Would you believe that until now, after more than 6 months of non-productive communication with RIM's supports, and afterall those "walkaround" approach (as even suggested by RIM's support, would you believe on that?), I still cannot purchased applications or games in Apps World (Error ID: 1000)?... and I'm sure a lot of PlayBook users are also experiencing that problem (since I frequently checking for any progress)...

I'm complaining or expressing my dissatisfaction not to bring down RIM but to improve their products and services... and this is what people need to realize, "as customers, we have rights to complain if we are dissatisfied based on the company's promises for buying their products"...
    Last edited by joshua_sx1; 09-17-11 at 07:47 AM.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-17-11 07:42 AM
    "Over Promise and Under Deliver". It's just bad management. RIM seems to be slow in the development department and compensates for it with rumors and vague speeches to keep people on the hook while the true talent at RIM fights the quagmire of beauocracy and lack of support from the top. Anyone who spends as much time as Jim and Mike getting dressed in the morning is no longer in touch with what is going on within their company. RIM may be unique in some ways but when I look at the big picture I see a tremendous amount of squandered potential. If Jim and Mike put some needed time on the calendar to personally address and remove some of the development road blocks then I would be explaining to my Wife why I am buying a Playbook just now instead of writing this post. Anyone says it can't be done is full of $hit and only needs to look at the funny guy wearing the turtleneck to know why they are full of $hit. Lack of advertising, lack of expansion, lack of support for development, lack of interest in Blackberry beyond personal gain apparent with the present management, lack of organization, and the list goes on. A simple commercial with the Godzilla (Blackberry) vs Bambi (Apple and a second commercial were Android is featured) would be fantastic and almost universal for Blackberry but instead all they do is moan about the sell through on the friggin PB when we all know damn well its because people are picking up on "AFTER DEVCON" before they even get the wallet out when the damn updates should have been streaming out ever since the PB was introduced and not left for "a big bundle at the last possible moment". See the irony?????

You guys want RIM to be more successful since you do like the products they do have out that function properly? Keep on ******** when stuff isn't right. Ever hear the phrase "Squeaky Wheel Gets The Grease"? Its unfortunate but that is how RIM does business, grease loudest cog in the machine.

For all the censorship loving, brainwashing people who believe keeping quiet is the road to success, I think you are zombies. This is a QNX deal, its not waiting for a carrier to make good. You know, QNX, the guys who are responsible for the new "Super Phone" and the future of RIM? The guys who Jim and Mike seem to wanna dedicate to the "in development" phone and not the current customers. The same customers who comprise 100 percent of their advertising!!! The same customers who might have bought 600,000 Playbooks instead of 200,000 but did not because the lack of support was so very crystal clear.

Voicing your opinion strenuously is part of being free, use it.

Hey Jim and Mike, I think you have it backwards, its supposed to be "Under Promise And Over Deliver".

Oh, hey guys, no charge for the advertising idea.

Maybe schlacking an airport with the following image that is hidden in the maze that RIM calls a website would be a better idea than the atypical, brainwashing, unimaginative and over priced crap your advertising people came up with. It is a big issue with the customers right? Its a concrete reason to buy a smartphone that is compatible with a Playbook right? It makes a Blackberry more attractive to a corporate skimmer when he or she is walking through an airport on their way to meet with another corporate skimmer to discuss brainwashing techniques right?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by olblueyez; 09-17-11 at 08:39 AM.
    Send Again likes this.
    09-17-11 08:02 AM
    [QUOTE=joshua_sx1;6684828]Yeah, stu_pid of me... for believing the Playbook's potentials within a promised time frame... are you also waiting for the so-called sweet OS2?...

Yes I am waiting but not as desperately as everyone else and I refuse to moan about it. I bought my Playbook knowing it's shortfalls and I still prefer it to any other tablet.If you find the Playbook is lacking what you need sell it !! Why do people on all forums not just Blackberry buy something and then proceed to moan about it saying how much better Apple,HP,Sony,Motorola etc are,IF OTHER PRODUCTS ARE BETTER BUY THEM !! Don't moan about what you have bought as though someone held a gun to your head.I've been around to long to belive what any company promises no matter who they are.Yes it is disappointing RIM left obvious software out but it was advertised without native email etc and they did say it would come in an update,maybe they have gone well past the supposed time frame for the update (have RIM ever given a fixed date for OS2 ?) Yes you are entitled to voice your opinion just bare in mind when giving your opinion that you made your own mind up to buy the Playbook.
    09-17-11 09:41 AM
    "Over Promise and Under Deliver". It's just bad management. RIM seems to be slow in the development department and compensates for it with rumors and vague speeches to keep people on the hook while the true talent at RIM fights the quagmire of beauocracy and lack of support from the top. Anyone who spends as much time as Jim and Mike getting dressed in the morning is no longer in touch with what is going on within their company. RIM may be unique in some ways but when I look at the big picture I see a tremendous amount of squandered potential. If Jim and Mike put some needed time on the calendar to personally address and remove some of the development road blocks then I would be explaining to my Wife why I am buying a Playbook just now instead of writing this post. Anyone says it can't be done is full of $hit and only needs to look at the funny guy wearing the turtleneck to know why they are full of $hit. Lack of advertising, lack of expansion, lack of support for development, lack of interest in Blackberry beyond personal gain apparent with the present management, lack of organization, and the list goes on. A simple commercial with the Godzilla (Blackberry) vs Bambi (Apple and a second commercial were Android is featured) would be fantastic and almost universal for Blackberry but instead all they do is moan about the sell through on the friggin PB when we all know damn well its because people are picking up on "AFTER DEVCON" before they even get the wallet out when the damn updates should have been streaming out ever since the PB was introduced and not left for "a big bundle at the last possible moment". See the irony?????

You guys want RIM to be more successful since you do like the products they do have out that function properly? Keep on ******** when stuff isn't right. Ever hear the phrase "Squeaky Wheel Gets The Grease"? Its unfortunate but that is how RIM does business, grease loudest cog in the machine.

For all the censorship loving, brainwashing people who believe keeping quiet is the road to success, I think you are zombies. This is a QNX deal, its not waiting for a carrier to make good. You know, QNX, the guys who are responsible for the new "Super Phone" and the future of RIM? The guys who Jim and Mike seem to wanna dedicate to the "in development" phone and not the current customers. The same customers who comprise 100 percent of their advertising!!! The same customers who might have bought 600,000 Playbooks instead of 200,000 but did not because the lack of support was so very crystal clear.

Hey Jim and Mike, I think you have it backwards, its supposed to be "Under Promise And Over Deliver".

Oh, hey guys, no charge for the advertising idea.

Maybe schlacking an airport with the following image that is hidden in the maze that RIM calls a website would be a better idea than the atypical, brainwashing, unimaginative and over priced crap your advertising people came up with. It is a big issue with the customers right? Its a concrete reason to buy a smartphone that is compatible with a Playbook right? It makes a Blackberry more attractive to a corporate skimmer when he or she is walking through an airport on their way to meet with another corporate skimmer to discuss brainwashing techniques right?

I agree. Imagine if no one had complained about the non-functional bridge feature at launch. If we'd listened to all the apologists, Rim would've just put it on the back burner and we'd all still be waiting on a working bridge feature.
    09-17-11 10:11 AM
    I am NOT comparing it to other tablets. I briefly have handled an ipad and even less a samsung tab.

I AM comparing to BB's own phones. They offer spelling corrections on emails. They automatically punctuate. They have autotext. I can place the cursor where I want to correct typos. I can search on a tiny image of a webpage. I can search in a pdf file. I can search in a word document. I can use bluetooth headphones. I can do all of that on a two year old phone. I canNOT do any of that on this advanced PROFESSIONAL tablet.

Again, yes, I have fun watching videos on its wonderful screen. I enjoy looking at my photos on its wonderful screen. But that picture I just took - I canNOT easily email it. I have to go to the email program and then attempt to find it in ALL PHOTOS - over 1,000 photos. Whereas on my bb phone I can pinpoint the image I took with the tiny phone and email it.

And, yes, those little quirks or flaws do get to me after 5 months. They irritate me almost daily. I had expected them to be addressed. And you know what - I'm fairly certain that they will not be addressed in OS2. We will get native email which I don't really need. They will probably still leave me unable to rename or reorder bookmarks. And boy, yes, I will complain then, too.

Folks are entitled to defend rim and others can entitled to point out the missteps.
    09-17-11 10:17 AM
    I bought the PB only for the Native apps. Maybe Android apps. I don't believe in Air sluggish laggy crap and webworks. I bought the PB to test it and keep it. Will never sell it. I am sure it is going to be amazingly wonderful one day.
    09-17-11 10:50 AM
    I bought the PB only for the Native apps. Maybe Android apps. I don't believe in Air sluggish laggy crap and webworks. I bought the PB to test it and keep it. Will never sell it. I am sure it is going to be amazingly wonderful one day.
    I don't normally do this, but I've just got to call BS on this kind of general statement. Poorly written AIR apps can be sluggish and laggy just as Android apps can perform poorly. It will also be possible to write a laggy C++ apps using the long-delayed NDK. It's a question of programmer competence and the developer's preference. Some developers will choose the NDK simply because they are more familiar with the C++ programming language. The apps that they write would perform just as well if they had chosen AIR or my preferred platform - Java. I am disappointed that Java is not available for PB but I was pleasantly surprised by AIR's capabilities and performance.

The reality is that a well-designed and executed AIR app performs very well on the PlayBook. I know of one particular math-intensive AIR app that copes with over 5000 graphical objects in memory. And it does not exhibit any of the performance problems that you describe. Download the free version and check it out yourself.
    Last edited by BuzzStarField; 09-17-11 at 12:36 PM.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-17-11 11:31 AM
    Again, as I mentioned, if RIM will offer a full refund on dissatisfied customer, I wouldn't hesitate to return my PlayBook... and then, as I mentioned too, I would still buy it if the promises fulfilled and still no tablet that can suppress its specs... for me, (again "for me") hardware specs are important as well as the OS...

Because, RIM is not offering a full refund and I can no longer sell it in higher value (not this time, btw it cost me around US$900+ as early buyer), so I have to visit the forum and check for any updates... and while waiting, I guess, there is nothing wrong to have a little exchanging of views with you guys... I'm sorry that, we are not in the same side of the river...

I'm not trying to be a hero my friend... I'm just trying to say to RIM that "hey, there are still customers that meant business with you"... just fulfill your promises on time... and if you failed, at least, be professional enough to enlighten us... I'm not even asking for them to say "sorry, for the delay", but at least, something that will treat us, or we, as "customer"... is that bad?...

Would you believe that until now, after more than 6 months of non-productive communication with RIM's supports, and afterall those "walkaround" approach (as even suggested by RIM's support, would you believe on that?), I still cannot purchased applications or games in Apps World (Error ID: 1000)?... and I'm sure a lot of PlayBook users are also experiencing that problem (since I frequently checking for any progress)...

I'm complaining or expressing my dissatisfaction not to bring down RIM but to improve their products and services... and this is what people need to realize, "as customers, we have rights to complain if we are dissatisfied based on the company's promises for buying their products"...
    Thanks for explaining. I'm just of the mind that it has been said enough times, and it IS at the point where it HAS brought Rim down. - RIM is busily paying attention, though not vocally, 2.0 has been announced and seems to have what is lacking .. can we all just get along?

Regarding enlightening, you may be interested in this thread if you haven't seen it:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...2011-a-651046/
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 09-17-11 at 03:09 PM.
    09-17-11 02:58 PM
    I don't normally do this, but I've just got to call BS on this kind of general statement. Poorly written AIR apps can be sluggish and laggy just as Android apps can perform poorly. It will also be possible to write a laggy C++ apps using the long-delayed NDK. It's a question of programmer competence and the developer's preference. Some developers will choose the NDK simply because they are more familiar with the C++ programming language. The apps that they write would perform just as well if they had chosen AIR or my preferred platform - Java. I am disappointed that Java is not available for PB but I was pleasantly surprised by AIR's capabilities and performance.

The reality is that a well-designed and executed AIR app performs very well on the PlayBook. I know of one particular math-intensive AIR app that copes with over 5000 graphical objects in memory. And it does not exhibit any of the performance problems that you describe. Download the free version and check it out yourself.

That is a very good point -- you can write good apps and lousy apps with any SDK. And your app is an example of a good one (I can tell you put in honest quality work). The general problem I see with Air (and Flash) is that it brings lower quality developers to a platform. You can see this exact problem on the iOS App Store. With the exception of a few good apps (including some great ones), the vast majority of apps that have been ported/cross-compiled using Adobe's tools are horrendous.

Apple capitulated to pressure and allowed non-native SDK apps into the store, but I can see why they resisted. Again, there are some good Air and Flash apps on iOS, but the vast majority of them are garbage. Adobe brought in a whole new and lower class of developers to the App Store. So much for openness.
    09-17-11 03:00 PM

For all the censorship loving, brainwashing people who believe keeping quiet is the road to success, I think you are zombies.

Missing the point Frank...

Don't forget, the squeeky wheel also gets the shaft (axle?) , and yes you are free to shoot yourself in the foot anytime. Should you do it? I guess it depends on the outcome you seek.

If I was hungry and destitute, I probably wouldn't mouth off to my boss, (the hand that feeds me) even though I am "free" to.
    I don't believe in censorship, but I do believe in the wisdom and value of self- censorship.

BTW, My you've gotten grumpy in your old age, Frank...but - "that's life.... that's what all the people say....no PIM in April, no PIM in May...."
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 09-17-11 at 03:22 PM.
    09-17-11 03:19 PM
    Yes, people constantly whinging on this board is what makes RIM do something. They were just sitting around playing the unreleased Angry Birds until they noticed some disgruntled users on CB and decided to give us 2.0...

Thank, you oh thank you for saving us from ourselves, since we're deluded and all...

And my Lion Repellent dance is why we've never had a lion attack in my city...
    09-17-11 03:28 PM
    Missing the point Frank...

Don't forget, the squeeky wheel also gets the shaft (axle?) , and yes you are free to shoot yourself in the foot anytime. Should you do it? I guess it depends on the outcome you seek.

If I was hungry and destitute, I probably wouldn't mouth off to my boss, (the hand that feeds me) even though I am "free" to.
    I don't believe in censorship, but I do believe in the wisdom and value of self- censorship.

BTW, My you've gotten grumpy in your old age, Frank...but - "that's life.... that's what all the people say....no PIM in April, no PIM in May...."
    Maybe you get the shaft because you demonstrate how well you take it without letting people know what you think. Its been my experience the a$$ kissers are the first ones who are unable to do what is expected of them. Its kinda like the kid who doesn't do his home work so he sits in the back of the classroom with his head down. Maybe you think your boss respects you for not speaking your mind but your probably wrong. "People respect you for taking it well", that's funny BJ.

09-17-11 04:32 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD