I am quite confused, is it QNX or Blackberry Tablet OS? I usually read about it being QNX but when I googled it, it says it's BB tablet os.

Oh gosh. Can someone please enlighten me? It's because I presented my playbook in our class during our discussion the other day and told my classmates including my teacher that its os is QNX, its very embarrassing if I was wrong.
    01-09-12 09:21 AM
    The kernel that the OS is sitting on is QNX. The full OS including UI is Blackberry Tablet OS. Eventually it will become BlackBerry Tablet OS 2.0 (in about a month) and should eventually become the tablet version of BlackBerry 10.

Hope that helps.
    camillexd likes this.
    01-09-12 09:25 AM
    Oh my god! So I have indeed given them a false information? I'm dead meat. */wrist*

Thanks for replying
    01-09-12 09:29 AM
    I heard with 2.0, they are dropping the Tablet name.

BlackBerry PlayBook™ OS 2.0
    camillexd likes this.
    01-09-12 09:41 AM
    Oh my god! So I have indeed given them a false information? I'm dead meat. */wrist*

Thanks for replying
    No! You're good... the PlayBook's OS absolutely is QNX and anyone who would say the PlayBook does not run QNX would be wrong. It's just not a complete answer... QNX (Neutrino) is the core of the OS here, but they've added to it, and are evolving it away from its roots to be an even better match for the tablet environment.

Think of the term "Tablet OS", now called "PlayBook OS" and in future possibly to be called BlackBerry 10, as being more of a marketing label than anything. It's still got QNX Neutrino inside.
    camillexd likes this.
    01-09-12 09:45 AM
    01-09-12 10:09 AM
    Thanks everyone! Now I'm at ease, I was actually planning awhile ago to talk to my teacher tomorrow about my mistake, lol. So that explains it. Again thank you for the enlightenment
    01-09-12 10:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD