I'm used to being able to tap on a file and have all these options to share it, like this:

Likewise, I can upload a video from my phone via the YouTube app like this:

Besides sending files via email or via USB transfer, what other options do I have available to share my content? Is there a way to upload videos directly to YouTube? I'm still learning all the secrets to my Playbook .
    01-13-12 10:27 AM
    Bump. Can anyone help, please??
    01-13-12 12:10 PM
    Its limited for now. Without a native email client you wont have that as an option even. My guess is you wont find this type of sharing options until cascades is released. Cascades should be beta here sometime soon (winter). With OS 2 you will be able to run android apps which will give you some of the same features that you are familiar with but not all programs will work. Its really hit and miss.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    01-13-12 12:23 PM
    Its limited for now. Without a native email client you wont have that as an option even. My guess is you wont find this type of sharing options until cascades is released. Cascades should be beta here sometime soon (winter). With OS 2 you will be able to run android apps which will give you some of the same features that you are familiar with but not all programs will work. Its really hit and miss.
    I was hoping this wasn't the case, and I was just not searching for this functionality correctly. Last night I wanted to share my Playbook homescreen screenshot with a google plus huddle (they're all really curious about the PB and I'm the only one in our group who has one). In order to share it, I had to bridge to my bb, email it to myself, open the email on my phone, and download the pic. I was hoping there was an easier way. I was really surprised that there is no photobucket app for the Playbook!!
    01-13-12 02:28 PM
    Oh my...

You're spoiled by the share function.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    01-13-12 02:46 PM
    I'm certain RIM will do it. BB phones work exactly like your Android phone does. The PlayBook OS however is still very much evolving, as you can tell from how we're just getting native PIM apps. I expect you'll see it in an update this year, but it won't be with Cascades (which is cool but unrelated).
    01-13-12 02:53 PM
    The native facebook app is the only one I really use to share right now. Otherwise I just email pics to people though my gmail.
    01-13-12 02:53 PM
    Files & Folders allows you to upload files op Dropbox, Box.net, Google Docs and also send them by e-mail. To share them you'd need go to the relevant site after uploading though.
    Last edited by Innovatology; 01-14-12 at 02:04 PM.
    mikeplus1 likes this.
    01-14-12 09:33 AM
    Files & Folders allows you to upload files op Dropbox, Box.net, Google Docs and e-mail. To share them you'd need go to the relevant site after uploading though.
    ^THIS^ is the way I have been doing it for the most part. Files & Folders is just a must-have app for the PB.
    Innovatology likes this.
    01-14-12 09:41 AM
    I use Box.net. Upload a file and either log on to your account with their device and download directly or give permission to collaborate.
    01-14-12 10:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD