Hey everybody,

As some of you already know I'm developing a site dedicated entire to the BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet. I see a lot of potential in the device and want to be able to provide whatever help I can to all the users/enthusiasts, developers, etc. In keeping with that aim, I was wondering if you guys can share with me the kind of support you prefer. What I'm trying to understand is do you prefer text based step-by-step help, video guided help or other form?

Right now we are preparing to put out some instructional support material for the PlayBook. But before doing so I thought it would be helpful if we knew the kind of material the majority prefer. So which one works for you? Feel free to share any examples of support you know of on the internet that you think the PlayBook should have.
    04-24-11 08:37 PM
    I would go text so that updates and changes, tweaks and mods can be contributed to in a timely fashion. Video stuff is very helpful and often clearer but i would worry about maintaining content and keeping it up to date and accurate if you want to be definitive.
    P.B.B likes this.
    04-24-11 09:23 PM
    I would go text so that updates and changes, tweaks and mods can be contributed to in a timely fashion. Video stuff is very helpful and often clearer but i would worry about maintaining content and keeping it up to date and accurate if you want to be definitive.
    Thanks for the feedback - I agree text can easily be updated without incurring too much time. But the thing with video you have the option of submitting it to more channels for people to find.
    04-24-11 09:37 PM
    I agree with nycspaces for ease of maintenance.

Have you considered maybe a wiki format, where registered users could contribute? Registration process could be a pain in the bu++ to maintain and administer, but you could end up with some pretty thorough content that way. Just a thought.
    04-24-11 09:44 PM
    OP:

we already HAVE a site with dedicated forums for the playbook - it's called crackberry.com and you're on it

whatever you plan on doing is always going to be miles behind
    04-24-11 09:47 PM
    OP:

we already HAVE a site with dedicated forums for the playbook - it's called crackberry.com and you're on it

I agree with this.

In addition it seems a kind of wrong to advertise your site using someone else's site also. I appreciate what your trying to do with your site. But I don't think you should be using crackberry to bring people to it. Its surprising crackberry let's you do it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-11 09:53 PM
    OP:

My thoughts exactly!

What exactly do you want to offer that I will not be able to find right here on crackberry? Or are you saying that crackberry.com is not competent enough to handle everything and anything PlayBook related?

They've done an excellent job with regards my many BlackBerry phones to date, as well as everything PlayBook to date, so there is absolutely no reason for me to doubt their competency regarding the PlayBook.

Not meaning to start anything, but I really don't get the point.
    04-24-11 09:54 PM
    I agree with this.

In addition it seems a kind of wrong to advertise your site using someone else's site also. I appreciate what your trying to do with your site. But I don't think you should be using crackberry to bring people to it. Its surprising crackberry let's you do it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    precisely - I almost made the same point...you shouldn't be attempting to siphon users off this site without permission from the site owners...and even then, as the poster after me said, what are you going to offer that's above and beyond?
    04-24-11 09:59 PM
    Guys, slow down a bit! No one is trying to steal users from CB nor are we trying to compete here. In case you haven't noticed CB focuses on everything BlackBerry. We are simply PlayBook period.
    04-24-11 10:16 PM
    Guys, slow down a bit! No one is trying to steal users from CB nor are we trying to compete here. In case you haven't noticed CB focuses on everything BlackBerry. We are simply PlayBook period.
    yeah, but you'd still be redundant...but hey, go for it - surprise us all
    04-24-11 10:18 PM
    yeah, but you'd still be redundant...but hey, go for it - surprise us all
    Well that is why I started this thread in the first place. So I can learn from you guys what works and in return try something different. Or is asking also frowned upon?
    04-24-11 10:23 PM
    Well that is why I started this thread in the first place. So I can learn from you guys what works and in return try something different. Or is asking also frowned upon?
    no, it's not frowned upon...I think what you're hearing is that people already feel this site, which is dedicated to all things blackberry, including the PB, is satisfactory...it provides a great service, has tons of members and is moderated by people with contacts at RIM and in the industry...I don't think we meant to sound like your idea is BAD -- we just don't see that it's really needed...
    04-24-11 10:26 PM
    no, it's not frowned upon...I think what you're hearing is that people already feel this site, which is dedicated to all things blackberry, including the PB, is satisfactory...it provides a great service, has tons of members and is moderated by people with contacts at RIM and in the industry...I don't think we meant to sound like your idea is BAD -- we just don't see that it's really needed...

Ok, well I hope I did not damage anyone's calm with this thread But regarding the idea seeming unneeded. We won't know till someone gives it a try right?
    04-24-11 10:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD