You have one week to cast your vote. It might mean little. At least you are sending a clear message to the CEO you are not happy with his decision and direction where BB is going. I will continue to treasure my Playbooks and my Z10 but make no mistake my intention of getting the Aristo and any future BB devices is frozen. The next 2 quarters will be decision making for me to sell all my BB shares. That is if the company still exist. Not bringing BB10 to playbook is a minor issue. The indecisiveness and ability to communicate are what worries me. And the sudden decision to release another legacy device just under mind the whole concept of of a new and better platform of a BB10 OS. It has shaken my confidence of the company commitment to anything. My worst night mare scenario is the company is putting on a brave face , talking all the right talk while the infrastructure is crumbling within. I urge anyone attending the general meeting do not hold back. This is the time to lambast them.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-29-13 07:47 PM
    It is, but it won't happen.
    06-29-13 07:59 PM
    You have one week to cast your vote. It might mean little. At least you are sending a clear message to the CEO you are not happy with his decision and direction where BB is going. I will continue to treasure my Playbooks and my Z10 but make no mistake my intention of getting the Aristo and any future BB devices is frozen. The next 2 quarters will be decision making for me to sell all my BB shares. That is if the company still exist. Not bringing BB10 to playbook is a minor issue. The indecisiveness and ability to communicate are what worries me. And the sudden decision to release another legacy device just under mind the whole concept of of a new and better platform of a BB10 OS. It has shaken my confidence of the company commitment to anything. My worst night mare scenario is the company is putting on a brave face , talking all the right talk while the infrastructure is crumbling within. I urge anyone attending the general meeting do not hold back. This is the time to lambast them.
    Fully agree with all the above! OS7 and all non-BB10 devices should not be worked on! How on earth can you sell BB10 as the new standard if you now push out a new OS phone and an updated OS?!

Lies!

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 09:15 PM
    I dont own any shares, but as a BB fanboy I understand what your going through. I thought the whole BB slogan was 'keep moving' not 'moving backwards' you would never see google or apple releasing more gingerbread handsets, or ios 4 devices. This move backwards hurts me.
    06-29-13 09:28 PM
    Fully agree with all the above! OS7 and all non-BB10 devices should not be worked on! How on earth can you sell BB10 as the new standard if you now push out a new OS phone and an updated OS?!

Lies!

Posted via CB10
    Floundering around for any revenue they can scrape by so that they can keep the shell game going for unfortunate shareholders to put more money in and help line their pockets.
    06-29-13 09:32 PM
    Since I'm hot (way above normal in the pacific northWET and we don't have air conditioners) and also lazy and did not follow much other than the eulogy for the pb, what is with releasing a "new" OS7 device? Was it explained?
    06-29-13 09:48 PM
    Since I'm hot (way above normal in the pacific northWET and we don't have air conditioners) and also lazy and did not follow much other than the eulogy for the pb, what is with releasing a "new" OS7 device? Was it explained?
    My guess is that they are doing it to keep any corporate customers who are not ready for BB10... think I read that they were trying to make it a little transitional, but, not sure what that means?

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 11:00 PM
    Just that, BB is releasing a new OS7 device no further detail. Does this mean I can purchase a new BB phone that my playbook can bridge finally!! But it's not BB10! I hope when it's release I can upgrade my phone with my carrier. Technically it's a new phone no? Talk about cluster f*ck of a BB road map.
    06-29-13 11:55 PM
    According to a poster in the General forum, BB have been working (for over a year!) on a new OS7 phone. There weren't any details given, but I'd assume it's intended as a 9900 replacement for all those legacy BB fans who don't buy the "that legacy feature missing from BB10 will come soon" sale-pitch and aren't rushing to buy a BB10 phone.

It's either inspired (in providing a more comfortable upgrade path for the BB oldsters), or confused (in what it says about BB's commitment to BB10). I guess time will tell us which it is.

I'm not sure how BB7 devices will operate without BIS, it wasn't discussed in any detail. Maybe they don't intend to sell them except through enterprise (BES) channels?

So, maybe BB7 is the future (again!)

Hard not to laugh at that as a strategy but, given that BB10 sales are pitiful and continue to be outsold by BB7 phones according to the ER, maybe it'll be interpreted as "inspired thinking" in the years to come.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-30-13 05:48 AM

Lies!

Posted via CB10
    The full details aren't out but we can only go on what we know and I've been echoing your point too, the os7 is the bb10 competition.

I've been complaining about a lack of things in bb10 that os7 had, so Thorsten has this amazing idea...

He instructed his developers to create a new os7 device instead of filling in the gaps in bb10 and bridging the gap for others who are not ready to adopt.

In other words dont get me wrong I like the z10, but I should not expect any of my concerns to be met as those will be done in an os7 device, glad I kept my 9900, but there's no promise of an update to it.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 06:12 AM
    The full details aren't out but we can only go on what we know and I've been echoing your point too, the os7 is the bb10 competition.

I've been complaining about a lack of things in bb10 that os7 had, so Thorsten has this amazing idea...

He instructed his developers to create a new os7 device instead of filling in the gaps in bb10 and bridging the gap for others who are not ready to adopt.

In other words dont get me wrong I like the z10, but I should not expect any of my concerns to be met as those will be done in an os7 device, glad I kept my 9900, but there's no promise of an update to it.

Posted via CB10
    So can I have a touch screen BB7 so I can bridge my PB ?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-30-13 07:58 AM
    Someone call Michael J Fox, Hollywood might be casting Back To The Future 4! Of course Thor will replace Christopher Lloyd as the nutty professor incorporating Jim Carrey's role in Liar Liar.
    JeepBB likes this.
    06-30-13 09:02 AM
    According to a poster in the General forum, BB have been working (for over a year!) on a new OS7 phone. There weren't any details given, but I'd assume it's intended as a 9900 replacement for all those legacy BB fans who don't buy the "that legacy feature missing from BB10 will come soon" sale-pitch and aren't rushing to buy a BB10 phone.

It's either inspired (in providing a more comfortable upgrade path for the BB oldsters), or confused (in what it says about BB's commitment to BB10). I guess time will tell us which it is.

I'm not sure how BB7 devices will operate without BIS, it wasn't discussed in any detail. Maybe they don't intend to sell them except through enterprise (BES) channels?

So, maybe BB7 is the future (again!)

Hard not to laugh at that as a strategy but, given that BB10 sales are pitiful and continue to be outsold by BB7 phones according to the ER, maybe it'll be interpreted as "inspired thinking" in the years to come.
    Well, BIS still does exist for those hold outs (like me) so unless carriers strenuously object, it is still a bb service. But thanks for that info. I found it odd but I find lots of stuff odd these days! I have no upgrade till next Spring, so we shall see what they've done. Originally, verizon had said I would eligible for and upgrade in the Fall but they've changed their standards, so Spring it is.
    06-30-13 11:41 AM
    So can I have a touch screen BB7 so I can bridge my PB ?
    The 9900 is touch screen, and bb7.

Posted via CB10
    Ragwan likes this.
    07-07-13 06:20 PM
    Well perhaps Thornyass can revert back to REAL UMA into the NEW BB7(??WTF??) device instead of this shoddy UMA calling app...

***** out SECURE BBM, No BIS, No 'real' UMA, No BRIDGE...BB10 should have been on the PB and nowhere else....now its reversal time to BB7...the guy needs his own gas chamber :rollseyes: Some CEO's are absurd if they think they can apply the same strategy without considering the arena of their product everywhere they move positions too, its in the music industry known as a one hit wonder.
    07-07-13 06:30 PM
    I'd vote against him, but they never sent me a anything about voting and I'm not going to the meeting. Let's hope that some of the big shareholders go after him. As I have said before, I've worked for many Heins clones. They smile and tell you everything is wonderful right up to when the end comes.
    07-08-13 05:36 PM
    I'd vote against him, but they never sent me a anything about voting and I'm not going to the meeting. Let's hope that some of the big shareholders go after him. As I have said before, I've worked for many Heins clones. They smile and tell you everything is wonderful right up to when the end comes.
    Whoever your stock broker is should have send you all the info a few weeks ago. Anyway the deadline has pass.
    07-08-13 05:40 PM