01-05-12 12:41 AM
31 12
tools
    Sure!
    Do you think RIM will try to sell a new phone w/o this? Do you think RIM will show it to the corporate world and try to win them w/o this?

It is clear that OS 1.0 lacks a lot of functionality. We all know that. And it is also clear that in every new build for OS 2.0 we are geting new functionality added.

The OP post was: what do you think about QNX/BB10 in 3.5" form factor.
    well RIM tried to sell a professional level tablet with out it so who knows what RIM will release.

and as far as I am aware the only officially released OS is the current one we have so if the OP is wondering how BB10 would be in a 3.5" form factor (same as iPhone) then AS IS it wouldnt be very good.
    01-04-12 07:59 PM
    Umm not to me - I know how to spell and type

I will be able to type a liot better when I will be bale to use my REAL BB phone to type onto playbook. Not worried about it.
    Then I hope you didn't type this on your Playbook. "liot"? "bale"?

Anyway, this OS has been applied to many functions before, so yes, it would have promise on a phone in its current format, and that is the intention of RIM. However, it has LONG way to go before it's ready. No autocorrect on a screen that small? No. No BBM on a BlackBerry phone? No. How would you bridge your email, through a different phone using BBOS 7?

In spite of what the naysayers would have you believe, the Playbook with its current OS is quite usable, but really only as a campanion to a phone. To replace a phone, this software has to go far beyond adding a radio and a dialpad app.
    01-04-12 08:44 PM
    If the phone will be swiping like the pb, it will be cool
    01-04-12 10:10 PM
    Only if your practicing Kama Sutra with a talented gymnast at the same time
    I used to date a gymnast in college that could ... nevermind.
    01-04-12 11:25 PM
    then it would be a 9860 and I would of sold it too.

No, really it might be OK and all but a bit too small for my taste.
    01-05-12 12:25 AM
    do you not think it is important for a smart phone to have autocorrect or at least spelling suggestions?

I think you're the one trying to up his post count. Typing on the Playbook is painfull.
    typing on any touchscreen is painful for me. I am old school in that sense.

But I agree with your original point. No auto correct would off the masses. And let's not talk about:
    -native email
    -bbm
    -native calendar
    -netflix
    This would spell disaster for rim.
    Last edited by Pearl9100; 01-05-12 at 12:49 AM.
    01-05-12 12:41 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD