does anyone know what will happen if you enter the wrong password 10 times on the log in screen?
    05-10-11 08:01 PM
    I imagined it times out for a certain amount of time before you can try it again. Sorry for not having the exact answer. You can always try it and report back lol.
    05-10-11 08:12 PM
    on the blackberry if this happens the phone gets wiped. I'm sure this is the same, all the info etc and the PB gets reverted to facory fresh
    05-10-11 08:13 PM
    You will be banished to the Phantom Zone for all eternity
    05-10-11 09:39 PM
    on the blackberry if this happens the phone gets wiped. I'm sure this is the same, all the info etc and the PB gets reverted to facory fresh
    oh wow!! that would be brutal! i would hope there be a better solution than this.
    05-10-11 10:03 PM
    oh wow!! that would be brutal! i would hope there be a better solution than this.

But why? The whole point of turning this feature on is for security purposes.
    If you loose your pb you wouldnt want someone using a 'better solution' to still access your playbook as it is and possibly accessing your private personal files.
    Pickna password you wont forget, I always use my bank account password.
    05-10-11 10:07 PM
    It is a security feature so your password is not guessed by brute force methods.
    05-10-11 10:07 PM
    i understand the security aspect of it but would still like a different option without having to loose everything. oh well im not going to be forgetting my password anytime soon lol. im gonna give it a try with my girlfriends playbook since it doesnt have anything on it yet and will report back.
    05-10-11 10:11 PM
    it forces you to type in "blackberry" on the 6,8,9, and final attempt. if you enter the incorrect password again it warns you the playbook wil be wiped.
    05-10-11 10:15 PM
    It may NOW tell you it is going to wipe the PB, in early versions it would tell you it was the last attempt but oh to my surprise... it didn't lock me out for a period it didn't say it would wipe it, on the 10th fail it just wipes it, done...back to base OS.

So just remember the password, put it in your bb Password Keeper, and type carefully.
    05-10-11 10:47 PM
    The real issue is when a friend decides they really, really want to see your password locked pb and enter the wrong password one too many times. Poof. So either don't use a password or don't leave your pb in a tempting location. I've read about a BB or two that succumbed to someone else's drunk friend! Data Gone. Another reason to keep a reasonably current backup. In this case, at least, contacts, calendar are not stored on the pb, at least, not yet.
    05-10-11 10:56 PM
    yeah, this is what i was worried about^ thanks everyone!
    05-11-11 03:50 PM
    There is a perfect solution for this. Don't forget your friggin password and don't try to type it while drunk/stoned. lol.
    05-11-11 03:58 PM
    This is a stupid feature. If someone steals my playbook and doesn't get the password right 10 times, it shouldn't just automatically give them a whole new factory fresh playbook.

I'd rather have it just explode or self destruct or something.
    I'm on my second playbook because someone stole my first one.
    06-28-12 02:19 AM
    Yea, unless it remains locked afterwards it's an incredibly stupid feature. All it does it give the thief an easier way to access it.
    06-28-12 02:34 AM
    It gets wiped
    06-28-12 02:55 AM
    This is a stupid feature. If someone steals my playbook and doesn't get the password right 10 times, it shouldn't just automatically give them a whole new factory fresh playbook.
    I guess, this is still better than having your PlayBook with tons of paid games and applications + your personal information...

For "exploding" option, if that's happen, our PlayBook will be totally banned in airports...

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2
    06-28-12 05:26 AM
    If you lose your PlayBook, contact RIM with the PIN number. They can disable it and a lot more.
    06-28-12 08:10 AM
    Yea, unless it remains locked afterwards it's an incredibly stupid feature. All it does it give the thief an easier way to access it.
    It is not just for thieves that RIM put in this feature. Remember that the PlayBook was initially targeted to the business/corporate market. The BlackBerry administrator can force the use of passwords on the PlayBooks. With the use of Bridge and other security features, a business could have a pool of PlayBooks to use amongst the employees. If the last person using it forgets to security wipe it when finished with it, the next person would not have access to their data unless they had their password. All the next person would have to do is force the security wipe by putting in the wrong password too many times, rather than trying to find the last user to security wipe it.
    Last edited by robsteve; 06-28-12 at 08:47 AM.
    06-28-12 08:45 AM
    Stupid? Make we wonder who is stupid. If you recall your setup steps, you will know at some stage you have to login with your BB id to 'register' it with RIM and by that time you have already (hopefully, unless your are still pastout drunk ) blacklisted your stolen device with RIM which makes it useless to the thief. So stupid it is not.
    06-28-12 12:49 PM
    Hahaha WOW Nice Thoughts..!!! LOL
    07-26-13 04:31 PM

Hahaha WOW Nice Thoughts..!!! LOL
    07-26-13 04:33 PM

Maybe Blackberry could sell the surplus stock to the Impossible Mission (TV) team. After the mission breifing you get 'This Playbook will self-destruct in 5 seconds' before the smoke comes out of the side

For anyone not old enough
    07-27-13 04:16 PM
    Maybe Blackberry could sell the surplus stock to the Impossible Mission (TV) team. After the mission breifing you get 'This Playbook will self-destruct in 5 seconds' before the smoke comes out of the side

For anyone not old enough
    I'm old enough to remember the guy before him.
    07-27-13 05:26 PM
    If you lose your PlayBook, contact RIM with the PIN number. They can disable it and a lot more.

More on this please. Is this confirmed or speculation?
    07-28-13 12:44 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD