HI......hopefully I will find some insight in here! For the past month I had been having issues with the PB keeping connected to home wifi.....wouldn't recognize SSID or IP when logging on manually and wouldn't logon using password either.....the only way I could get in was to do a Security Wipe and start over as just deleting settings and re-entering wouldn't work.......I have sorted some of that issue out by replacing my faulty wifi modem and now have a consistent connection. However now I have lost all of my icons after the reboot from latest OS update.....I literally only have the browser icon left on my PB. The PB says I do not have any apps stored on the machine, my photos, camera all factory installed apps are gone as well! I have tried to connect PB to the desktop software, but PB is not being recognized by my PC either, not even as a storage device........I am totally confounded with this. Currently I have run the battery to empty and will recharge and restart. Hopefully things will reappear, but I am not feeling very optimistic about this!!

Do you think this is the end of what once was a great relationship with my Playbook and all it's great apps?! I can't even take photos/video.....it is literally just a web surfer now!
    04-04-14 09:39 AM
    Check for an update.
    04-04-14 09:54 AM
    Hi sounds like what happens when you do a wipe. If you can get dm to recognize it you can do a debrick to get the apps back.
    04-04-14 09:54 AM
    Search for Debrick PlayBook here.... There are several ways to do it, some more complicated...

Hopefully you have a recent backup. Should be able to get an autoloader to catch the PlayBook after you restart it and then reload the OS (and wipe the device).
    04-04-14 10:02 AM
    Backups are worthless...until you need one.
    04-04-14 10:10 PM