I was using Overdrive, about to read a book. Wanted to use its dictionary for a word, turned on the bus' wifi I was on, then I got errors. I don't recall what happened after but the main thing is that my PlayBook doesn't go to home screen anymore. I turn it on and it just keeps on the boot up screen where it reads BlackBerry PlayBook and changes color. Please, help! Because I'm going on a 3 and a half hour trip tomorrow and want to watch movies!

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 10:42 PM
    The only solution that I can think of would be to back up and then (sadly) reload your Playbook...
    08-09-14 10:48 PM
    That's so lame.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 10:53 PM
    The good thing is, it will completely resolve the problem.
    08-09-14 11:41 PM
    Either reload OS or quickly buy a replacement or borrow one

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.296
    08-09-14 11:46 PM
    Yep, it sounds bricked. I remember the horror when I had the same thing happen to me two years ago. The symptoms were the same. Fortunately, a reload of the OS corrected the problem. Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 12:03 AM
    It happened (only!) once for me... Let battery die (run out of power)... let the PlayBook inactive for 1h or more to be sure of that, then recharge fully with original PB Charger, then restart.
    Sadly, this takes time and your trip might soon begin...
    Have a nice WeekEnd anyway!
    Cheers.

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    08-10-14 12:54 AM
    I am trying to recall, there was a syndrome or symptom of moving all icons off of the dock or something like that. The device would enter a very SLOW reboot process. It would eventually startup but it could take a long while.

Or, as others have suggested, it might have been bricked for some reason.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    08-11-14 11:11 AM
    I am trying to recall, there was a syndrome or symptom of moving all icons off of the dock or something like that. The device would enter a very SLOW reboot process. It would eventually startup but it could take a long while.

Or, as others have suggested, it might have been bricked for some reason.
    You are correct sir! You don't want to mess with the dock to much, I did a couple of times before I realized that for some reason, the Playbook hates this, I moved icons out and in and it hosed the system. Only a reload would fix it. I have an echo in my head (no cracks/jokes ha!) that it was placing a folder with a bunch of apps in it into the dock, and all went downhill from there.....

c
    08-11-14 12:24 PM
    You are correct sir! You don't want to mess with the dock to much, I did a couple of times before I realized that for some reason, the Playbook hates this, I moved icons out and in and it hosed the system. Only a reload would fix it. I have an echo in my head (no cracks/jokes ha!) that it was placing a folder with a bunch of apps in it into the dock, and all went downhill from there.....

c
    Pardon my ignorance, but what do you and F2 mean by the "dock"? I want to avoid the problem you both encountered by moving icons in and out of the "dock" but I do not know what you mean by it. I only know about the dock charger but I am quite sure that has nothing to do with the problem you both described.

Thanks in advance for any clarification offered.
    08-11-14 01:12 PM

c
    Oh, I think you may be right. It was moving a FOLDER into the Dock. That was probably what blew things up. Also, moving everything off the dock - stuff would then disappear if you moved them on. The fix for this second problem was moving each and every icon to the dock, from all of the pages (left or right swipe to reveal more).

bb4ty: The "dock" is the static icons, 5-across, where you can keep most used or favorite app icons. (as opposed to the CHARGING dock with the magnetic connector).
    08-11-14 03:53 PM
    The same issue that bricked my device. I was so excited about organizing my icons into folders that I put everything in the one row (or dock). My device froze when using the camera, and when I went to restart the device, I was stuck on the boot screen.

I read on CrackBerry that it was a bug relating to the dock. Managed to fix my device with an OS reload. Not certain if the bug was ever corrected, as that was over two years ago.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-14 01:10 PM