Hi, i bought a playbook yesterday after weighing it up over an ipad. When purchasing at carphone warehouse i asked about the android player etc etc. He said to me that the next update is due in feb and can expect FULL use of the android market and more exciting add ons from BB. Is he pulling my leg or... What am i to expect from my pb and what should i be doing to maximise its potential. Thanks Jb
    12-28-11 06:28 AM
    which one did yu get 16,32,or 64?
    12-28-11 07:29 AM
    No there will not be full access to the android market. Dev's will need to port and submit their apps and they will only be aval thru app world unless you root your pb and keep it that way.

What you can expect is that it does what it does very well and any more is left to you if you think RIM will release the 2.0 OS in Feb. I happen to think they will but I might be delusional as the person who told you the whole android market thing.
    12-28-11 08:07 AM
    Thanks.
    I have 32gb , the apps on here arent all that, but i acknowledge they'll get better over time? Is it worth rooting? But none the less, definately worth the money.
    12-28-11 12:40 PM
    Worth rooting would be a personal thing. I'm not sure how to or that you can now without going thru a lot. You should look at that section on the playbook forum here.

I'm not interested in rooting but might be if RIM dies and the OS along with them. I'm not going to worry about that until it happens.

You can also try the dev beta to test android apps that have been converted or convert your own. I did have the beta for awhile but went back to the official. I have not tried the newest beta however.
    12-28-11 12:46 PM
    will newest beta let me have skype or anything from android? i dont know this crap. just got it for xmas and WOW no skype on this thing!!?!?!?!
    No it will not. It will take the skype people to do it and there is rumor they are working on it. Didn't android just get skype not too long ago? How long has android been around? I'm surprised they sold so much not having skype either for so long. I guess it only matters if we are talking about RIM.
    12-28-11 01:26 PM
    Is there any limitation on a 16gb pb vis a vis 32 and 64gb pb?
    12-28-11 02:21 PM
    How much storage for music, pics, videos and actually apps.
    12-28-11 03:58 PM
    Is there any limitation on a 16gb pb vis a vis 32 and 64gb pb?
    Only how much you can store on it. Otherwise they are identical.
    lekhwani likes this.
    12-28-11 05:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD