Hi,

I wonder what to expect for the next generation of Playbook?

Personnally, I'd like to see an 8.5inch Playbook combining the best of both world (7inch and 10inch)...
    04-14-12 02:57 PM
    Honestly, at this stage it is hard to expect there will be the next gen PB (I am not talking about the 3G/4G variant of the current PB).
    04-14-12 03:03 PM
    I personally think that the form factor of the Palybook is "almost" perfect. I say almost because they should add flash to the back camara. Dont get me wrong. The picture quality of the Playbook is terrific when it comes to outdoors, but I have some concern with pictures that I've taken inside with low light.
    04-14-12 03:25 PM
    Smaller bezel and flash would be perfect opportunity ooo Oooooo and Skype!!! Lol, sorry I couldn't help myself.
    04-14-12 03:46 PM
    What could also be great :

- 2 virtual mode : 1 for Ipad Applications where we could install and use Ipad Applications and 1 for Android applications where we could install and use Android applications
    - Keep the Wifi and the Bridge and add the 3G/4G
    - Improving the resolution of the screen and picture
    - A size of 8.5inch
    - Increasing the speed and overall performance
    - keeping the actual structure of price (199, 249 and 299$) but for higher capacity (32gb, 64gb and 128gb)
    04-14-12 05:52 PM
    I am thinking if Playbook BB10 OS upgrade is supposed to be the same as used on the BB10 phones, will they add backwards compatibility to allow all of the previous OS5-7 apps to also run?

What will happen to all the older apps for BB phones? Or will they just stay on older BB devices in developing markets and have a totally clean start with BB10 apps for the phone/playbook?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Crackberry Tapatalk Forum app
    04-14-12 06:05 PM
    By the way, other than having a 3g/4g version and maybe a 10inch is there any other informations about what to expect in the next generation playbook and when can we expect to see Playbook 2 (hardware not the OS 2.0)???
    04-14-12 06:51 PM
    At this stage I would suggest they stop making tablets, and get their house in order first.
    04-14-12 07:04 PM
    Dream on. The "Wants" and " Needs” listed above would drive the cost through the roof and you expect it for the same price as the present PB. Hahaha! And Santa is going to deliver it!
    04-14-12 07:09 PM
    Hi,

I wonder what to expect for the next generation of Playbook?

Personnally, I'd like to see an 8.5inch Playbook combining the best of both world (7inch and 10inch)...
    I just hope BB keeps Wolfson as their audio chip. I hope there won't be any downgrading of the current hardware. I hope the intelligent design of the current Playbook will follow through on any new hardware. What the current Playbook has is spectacular and can't be matched by anything else on the market (the whole system together).
    04-14-12 07:22 PM
    One thing i would want is Bluetooth Profile for file transfer from other phones.. (More of a firmware update) how about for 2.1. or 2.2?
    04-14-12 11:20 PM
    Honestly, I'm still concerned about this generation of Playbook. There are so many little things that still need to be addressed, like the pdf reader and browser bookmark organization. And bigger things like the browser crashes some are experiencing. If RIM can't get past these shortcomings, how can they even begin to think about releasing a new tablet? I am trying hard to hold on to my optimism cuz I really do love my pb. But I truly do worry about its future. There, I said it...wish it made me feel better.
    04-15-12 12:07 AM
    What I would like would be something like the 30 pin dock of the iOS devices. More secure connection the mini usb port. For use with things like a led flash/light for the camera. To add and power a fm transmitter when needed. Maybe, if you needed a better mike. Things like that.
    04-15-12 12:40 AM
    At this stage I would suggest they stop making tablets, and get their house in order first.
    I agreed on the part of getting their house in order but since user have no power on who to fire and who to hire...

As for stopping making tablets, I don't agreed. Agreed they make a few mistakes eventough the tablet is a very good one but now they have to learn from their mistakes, listens to the user and consummer and get on rail... So has the user, the only thing we can do to help them is express what we want and at what price and hope they will hear us...
    04-15-12 08:32 AM
    Maybe there should be a sticky threads about a Wishlist at the top of this forum...
    04-16-12 07:39 AM
    On the hardware side of things i'd like the next PlayBook to have:

1.- A Higher Res Screen that is more resistant to fingerprints.
    2.- A considerable upgrade on CPU (could be Quad Core but not necessarily) and GPU.
    3.- More RAM (at least 2 GB).
    4.- Better camera W/auto focus and flash.
    5.- A better port design that allow the tablet to be on a magnetic charging dock (with a more relliable magnetic system) and still be able to use the micro USB and HDMI ports.
    6.- Bigger battery.

Things that i'd like to stay the same:

1.- 7" form factor
    2.- Stereo Speakers
    Last edited by PanaSama; 04-16-12 at 01:03 PM.
    04-16-12 01:01 PM
    04-20-12 02:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD