YouTube and emails, origami browser. Works fine.

Sent from the phone of the gods.....Z30
    01-07-14 08:30 AM
    My PlayBook pretty much gets used every day still. It doesn't leave the desktop dock all that often, but it works well for:

- Music. I play music via Slacker or Pandora whole I work.
    - Video. I'll pay a video from my NAS using ES File Explorer, or through the web browser and Amazon Prime.
    - Phone. Most of the time, I use the Spare Phone app tired to my Google Voice number. It works pretty well.
    - Texting. I have the Google Voice app installed and use that for voicemail and texting.

So, between being used as a media device, and a way to communicate using my Google Voice number, it does see some daily use.
    01-07-14 04:06 PM
    Use mine daily for youtube and websurfing at work and home I have all 3 modern combat games, Shadow Gun, Nova 2 and sideloaded PS tekken and dead or alive, pool brake pro game and 4 angry birds games, also use it as nightstand clock and workout timer, oh yes I will use it until it dies.
    01-07-14 07:00 PM
    My PlayBook pretty much gets used every day still. It doesn't leave the desktop dock all that often, but it works well for:

- Music. I play music via Slacker or Pandora whole I work.
    - Video. I'll pay a video from my NAS using ES File Explorer, or through the web browser and Amazon Prime.
    - Phone. Most of the time, I use the Spare Phone app tired to my Google Voice number. It works pretty well.
    - Texting. I have the Google Voice app installed and use that for voicemail and texting.

So, between being used as a media device, and a way to communicate using my Google Voice number, it does see some daily use.
    Does your native browser still play prime videos?

Posted via CB10
    01-08-14 09:05 PM
    Hope BB engineers and executives are reading these posts, BB really stuck it to us with the BB10 promise for the Playbook. So much promise for this product just two short years ago. I wouldn't buy another tablet from this company.
    01-08-14 09:19 PM
    Paper weight?

Posted via CB10 on Z30 STA100-2 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2
    01-08-14 09:26 PM
    I still use it a lot. I use the Nobex app every day as I have the PlayBook hooked up to my NAD stereo. With the app, I can listen to radio stations all over the world with digital sound. Nobex covers all types of radio station genres, so no need to pay for Satellite radio.
    I also use the HDMI hookup to rent movies and watch on the big screen TV. So for me it has been worth every cent I paid for it.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-14 09:27 PM
    New CEO needs to make this right for blackberry customers... we need android run time to the same one that runs on the Z10 with os version10.2.176.. so we can run apk apps directly. Android runtime 4 something. All I know is. If my z10 didn't have it. I would have sold all of my stock in the company and gave up on the purposely misdiretion Ceo heins took.

Posted from a Blackberry Z10 version10.2.1.176 on Verizon 4G network
    01-08-14 09:29 PM
    I have a 16GB Playbook.

I side-loaded the Amazon Kindle app on to it. I did this for my misses, as her kindle died. She now uses it as an ebook reader.

I recommend this option for anyone looking for an option of the unit. It is a great way to read books.
    01-08-14 09:44 PM
    New CEO needs to make this right for blackberry customers... we need android run time to the same one that runs on the Z10 with os version10.2.176.. so we can run apk apps directly. Android runtime 4 something. All I know is. If my z10 didn't have it. I would have sold all of my stock in the company and gave up on the purposely misdiretion Ceo heins took.

Posted from a Blackberry Z10 version10.2.1.176 on Verizon 4G network
    Agree about the Android runtime. Really could use an update. At least to ICS or something.
    01-08-14 09:58 PM
    My PB Is on the fridge in the kitchen (few magnets and a case I bought thinking I will be using PB For car navigation) and plays music all day via internal music library, Pandora or Web Spotify to BlueTooth Bose speaker... best mini stereo ever!

It is also occasionally used as BBM Video calling central, when I'm too lazy to search for my Z10 and already in the kitchen.

Origami browser and built in browser is also great for occasional search on the net

Kindle is another small app, used occasionally. I always travel with PB..

All in all, still more use from PB than from the same age Android tablet. And PB was half a price of the other one..

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 05:05 AM
    I've filled mine (64gig) with emulators. Point and click games like scumm vm are good.

Toasted via CB10
    01-13-14 03:16 PM
    Browsing the Internet. (flash enabled)
    Listening to music.
    Watching movies.
    Video Chat (BB10 & PlayBook) users.
    Homework (Docs To Go)
    Email
    Play Video games.
    And Alarm clock lol

I'm in love with my PlayBook still.

BBM: 2B1F4D96 Channels: C00121E43
    DrEd14 likes this.
    01-14-14 01:05 AM
    BBM and text messaging through
    BlackBerry Bridge also

01-14-14 01:06 AM
    i checked their site the other day,,, looked like it's $30/yr for the phone service,,, app reviews say it can be sketchy sometimes,,, looks like it could come in handy when travelling outside U.S. since they call a local #,,, do texts work??? paying the $30 might be worth it even on a short trip if it's cheaper than getting a local sim,,, it'd be nice if someone could build an app that uses the existing hardware & use all phone functions via bridge while using existing #, (hmmm, i feel a thread commin' on),,, i'd be all over that...
    I receive an email from ePhone today and they are stating that there is a six month trial period for free US and Canada calling. If I want to keep my number I will have to purchase minutes. So I guess its not free.
    01-14-14 08:55 PM
    Anyone else not get email app sync while bridged? I can't get email or app store/any BlackBerry store but the browser, weather, and other 3rd party apps get data but none of the PIM ones do. This normal?

Posted via CB10
    01-16-14 10:01 PM
    Anyone else not get email app sync while bridged? I can't get email or app store/any BlackBerry store but the browser, weather, and other 3rd party apps get data but none of the PIM ones do. This normal?

Posted via CB10
    That's because it doesn't work. It never has to my knowledge. You can't use the native email app on the PlayBook over bridge. Which is 1 of the things that makes me mad when I'm bridged that I can't view the email on my Q10 through the PlayBook like you can do on BBOS 7.1 and earlier.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Tab 3 using the CB Forums App.
    01-16-14 10:15 PM
    That's because it doesn't work. It never has to my knowledge. You can't use the native email app on the PlayBook over bridge. Which is 1 of the things that makes me mad when I'm bridged that I can't view the email on my Q10 through the PlayBook like you can do on BBOS 7.1 and earlier.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Tab 3 using the CB Forums App.
    OK. Interesting that they omitted that functionality, like they also did the led blink for bbm and sms over bridge. Not too surprised though, and can't really complain with it being an older, barely supported device anyhow.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-14 11:03 PM
    Browsing the Internet. (flash enabled)
    Listening to music.
    Watching movies.
    Video Chat (BB10 & PlayBook) users.
    Homework (Docs To Go)
    Email
    Play Video games.
    And Alarm clock lol

I'm in love with my PlayBook still.

Just about the same thing I do with mine. I find the compactness makes it easy to take to the coffee shop in my backpack and when it comes to hanging on to gadgets,,.. well needless to say I still have my Axim X5 and my Axim Z51v. So I imagine this will be with me for a while.
    01-18-14 03:29 AM
    Mines is plugged up to my tv. I bridge it with my old 8530 and sit back and stream all day. Whenever I take it outside I bridge/tether it with my Z10 and surf the web, and send txt msgs and bbm(2B675FD9) ppl. On the app side I play angry birds, the dark knight, I make voice calls with ePhone, and I have a pool game that I side loaded.

Posted via CB10
    can i bridge it to a phone that is no longer in use?
    01-20-14 08:18 AM
    can i bridge it to a phone that is no longer in use?
    Yes. As long as you have wifi you can download the app and use some of the features, (ie, remote control and open on) with no data connection whatsoever.

Posted from my CB10 via the power of "Q"
    01-20-14 02:25 PM
    I sadly decommissioned my pb this xmas as I got a galaxy tab 8.0 as a gift. Although the tab has become my primary couch surfing tablet (even with origami, the tab is so much faster and enjoyable), the pb still gets used as 1) my daily alarm clock with the dock and 2) by my kids for watching movies. Even with the 16GB, I can still cram about 10+ divx movies on there. I would also add for video recording, since it takes fantastic HD video, but the camera stopped working on it late last year which was a huge bummer.
    01-21-14 10:53 AM
    I find that I use my PlayBook a lot over HDMI and using remote control with my Q10, or mini keyboard. It so much more convenient than pulling out adapters for my Note 10.1.

Posted from my CB10 via the power of "Q"
    01-21-14 11:06 AM
48 12