Ok, i think it is time for me to finally give up on my 64Gb playbook. It is still very nice is a hardware but the OS really isn't any good, so what can I do with it? Any ideas?

The two easiest ways are, use it as a picture frame and paperweight. Such a nice design na I only hope it is running OS10, anyway time time wake up from that dream.
    01-05-14 10:17 AM
    hook it up to your tv use it as a free satnav in your car download a ton of music and then pair it with a fiio e18 amp, get yourself out of your armchair go take some great photos or videos , all for �100 plus incredible.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    01-05-14 10:24 AM
    Can I get Android JellyBean runtime on the playbook so I can install some andriod apps on to it?
    01-05-14 11:38 AM
    Can I get Android JellyBean runtime on the playbook so I can install some andriod apps on to it?
    No we can't. The playbook would be great for some kid to mess around with.
    01-05-14 11:52 AM
    So,what have you been doing with it?
    Might help with the answers.
    01-05-14 04:58 PM
    I used to use it for playing film and music and surf the web but it starts feeling slow and no apps worth downloading so it have been sitting around for quite some time and I don't really wan to sell it because I can only get about �50 for it
    01-05-14 09:31 PM
    Put some butter on it and have it for breakfast.
    01-06-14 01:31 AM
    You can use it as CCTV... and since it is 64GB, you'll have plenty of recorded videos that can be saved...

Posted via CB10
    rlfbfp likes this.
    01-06-14 02:43 AM
    Another tip...

If you will download all the Angry Birds games that is available in BlackBerry World, it will be an awesome Angry Birds' tablet...

(Side Note: I'm still hoping that the developers of Plants VS Zombies will still develope all versions of PVZ to PlayBook. It'll be an added use)

Posted via CB10
    milo53 likes this.
    01-06-14 02:51 AM
    It is still useful for email.
    My family uses the 2 PB's we have to watch movies at home and the road. We hook up to Amazon instant video when we have wifi or I download movies on to them before a trip. We use Apollo and Slacker for music.
    I still love them.

Dean
    01-06-14 03:21 AM
    Mines is plugged up to my tv. I bridge it with my old 8530 and sit back and stream all day. Whenever I take it outside I bridge/tether it with my Z10 and surf the web, and send txt msgs and bbm(2B675FD9) ppl. On the app side I play angry birds, the dark knight, I make voice calls with ePhone, and I have a pool game that I side loaded.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 10:12 AM
    Mines is plugged up to my tv. I bridge it with my old 8530 and sit back and stream all day. Whenever I take it outside I bridge/tether it with my Z10 and surf the web, and send txt msgs and bbm(2B675FD9) ppl. On the app side I play angry birds, the dark knight, I make voice calls with ePhone, and I have a pool game that I side loaded.

Posted via CB10
    how does ephone work for you??? i've been pretty interested in this,,, i've always said BB should've applied this natively...
    01-06-14 10:36 AM
    Ok, i think it is time for me to finally give up on my 64Gb playbook. It is still very nice is a hardware but the OS really isn't any good, so what can I do with it? Any ideas?

The two easiest ways are, use it as a picture frame and paperweight. Such a nice design na I only hope it is running OS10, anyway time time wake up from that dream.
    i still use it daily for everything,,, have you tried the free origami browser in appworld??? it's pretty snappy when the stock browser lags...
    01-06-14 10:38 AM
    i've always said BB should've applied this natively:
    The app is native.
    01-06-14 01:39 PM
    The app is native.
    i mean using their own hardware/software & use phone capabilties via bridge,,, everything to do it is in there...
    01-06-14 05:33 PM
    how does ephone work for you??? i've been pretty interested in this,,, i've always said BB should've applied this natively...
    I use ePhone on my PlayBook. It a little tinny sounding but works ok. No one can call you unless the app is open and it cost $10.00 a year for voice mail (if you want it).
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    01-06-14 08:48 PM
    I am going to second the Origami browser. It is very fast and works as well as any native Android tablet browser that I have seen. With the latest Android OS having abandoned flash I would try Origami first.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9330
    01-06-14 11:22 PM
    You can use your PlayBook as lullaby music box... just download hundreds of lullaby's music in mp3 format and there you go... nobody can resist its hypnotic sleepy affect...

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 12:01 AM
    I plan to register mine under a different BlackBerry ID so I can use it as a bbm video and voice chat device to speak with my kids when I am away!

They can call me and me them.

Also great for games and video watching.

Pair it with my z30 and BlackBerry bridge and the tablet is still relevant.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 12:01 AM
    I use mine for emails and spreadsheets.

It lags using anything else.

Stupid paperweight. Wish I never bought the bloody thing
    milo53 and bob_bipbip like this.
    01-07-14 04:37 AM
    I use ePhone on my PlayBook. It a little tinny sounding but works ok. No one can call you unless the app is open and it cost $10.00 a year for voice mail (if you want it).
    i checked their site the other day,,, looked like it's $30/yr for the phone service,,, app reviews say it can be sketchy sometimes,,, looks like it could come in handy when travelling outside U.S. since they call a local #,,, do texts work??? paying the $30 might be worth it even on a short trip if it's cheaper than getting a local sim,,, it'd be nice if someone could build an app that uses the existing hardware & use all phone functions via bridge while using existing #, (hmmm, i feel a thread commin' on),,, i'd be all over that...
    01-07-14 07:52 AM

Do you have a nas setup?
    01-07-14 08:18 AM
    i checked their site the other day,,, looked like it's $30/yr for the phone service,,, app reviews say it can be sketchy sometimes,,, looks like it could come in handy when travelling outside U.S. since they call a local #,,, do texts work??? paying the $30 might be worth it even on a short trip if it's cheaper than getting a local sim,,, it'd be nice if someone could build an app that uses the existing hardware & use all phone functions via bridge while using existing #, (hmmm, i feel a thread commin' on),,, i'd be all over that...
    It free calling for US and Canada, but can purchase minute for $5, $10, and $30 international calls. Texting only works to other ePhone users. Here is an email I received from them for the voice mail add-on.
    Attached Thumbnails What else can I do with my Playbook?-img_00000814.png  
    01-07-14 08:25 AM
    Use mine to listen to music online, read books with kindle app may tether to z10 when out and abt
    01-07-14 08:25 AM
    i checked their site the other day,,, looked like it's $30/yr for the phone service,,,
    The basic service is free, which includes voice calls to the US and Canada.
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    01-07-14 08:29 AM
48 12