I power off my pb at night and plug in wall charger, this morning a white light was flashing next to the camera, even though pb was powered off, what is it trying to tell me?
    Michaelaw
    Fascade518 likes this.
    12-14-11 05:50 AM
    I power off my pb at night and plug in wall charger, this morning a white light was flashing next to the camera, even though pb was powered off, what is it trying to tell me?
    Michaelaw
    Thats the PBs LED indicating that your PB is still charging. The LED gives three colors, Red when you turn the unit on/reboot, yellow or white that glows intermittently indicates ongoing charging, and then you have solid green which indicates that your PB is fully charged.
    bbfan1040 and Fascade518 like this.
    12-14-11 06:25 AM
    Glad that the question was asked and a true answer was found. Red, yellow and green...I have seen...never white! LOL! If I saw flashing white light...I would have freaked out! Thanks for the Q + A !
    12-14-11 07:01 AM
    My PB's LED's don't light up at all when its charging, but it is charging because the lightning bolt is thru the battery icon.

When i first plugged the charger in the Red led lt but i have seen nothing light up since then.

*EDIT*

Sorted it, the PB has to be "Off" for the led's to light not in standby.
    Last edited by cogsinister; 12-14-11 at 07:15 AM.
    12-14-11 07:04 AM
    For the newbies here, you are better off not shutting down the Playbook, but just use the battery icon to put it into standby. The boot process is not all that quick and there is no need to reboot it unless you are running into software problems.

As for the white light, was it the notification LED or a small led on the motherboard that you can only see when in a dimly lit situation. This little led is some sort of status led, that may help when testing/assembling.
    12-14-11 07:27 AM
    I have seen green when charging while turned off. Never white. Should flash when charging and solid when finished.

Tell me more about this LED on the motherboard. I have never seen that.
    12-14-11 07:33 AM
    I have seen green when charging while turned off. Never white. Should flash when charging and solid when finished.

I can't remember which window I saw it through, probably the LED window, just to the right if you are looking through at an angle. It may only be on when the playbook is powered down and charging. It is pretty dim, so may only show up in the dark.
    12-14-11 07:41 AM

The yellow light when the PB is charging (only visible when the PB is switched off) can be easily mistaken for been 'white'. I myself was confused back in the day ... the yellow is pretty bright to give a false sense of its true color.

If there is a white light, haven't seen one yet (there is off course that Blue light- that was activated post-rooting of the PB recently).
    12-14-11 08:18 AM
    The yellow light when the PB is charging (only visible when the PB is switched off) can be easily mistaken for been 'white'. I myself was confused back in the day ... the yellow is pretty bright to give a false sense of its true color.
    Does you PB flash yellow? Mine is flashing green right now.
    12-14-11 08:34 AM
    There's white, and also the blue red and green... white is just all three together. You can also get purple, "orangey", and something we can pretend is a form of cyan.
    12-14-11 08:35 AM
    That white LED was indicating your video camera / still camera is enabled and recording you as the boys from Waterloo watch you.
    12-14-11 08:41 AM
    Does you PB flash yellow? Mine is flashing green right now.
    Mine when flashing (while charging and PB switched off) is always bright yellow-greenish (misleading white). I guess sometimes the color one perceives might depend on the lighting in the room and also if any screen protectors are used and finally if one has some issues with color blindness.

I guess your flashing green is equivalent to the bright yellow with a greenish tinge that I see (also seen as white by some of us).....

This is turning out to be a really colorful thread ......
    12-14-11 09:14 AM
    I starred at that LED too long. Before I went blind I see how the light changes depending on the angle. Then was a red line in there too.
    12-14-11 09:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD