I use mine to remote into my office machine when I'm out and for emails when bridged to Torch. I take it out in the field to troubleshoot customer connections (I work at a phone company). Bridge has been essential when I'm away from proper wifi that's for damn sure.

At home, I use it for movies and games. Some Kindle reading and magazines. So mostly for work and some play.
    10-08-13 10:43 PM
    I use mine alot. News,movies, email, web surfing. Still like the form factor as I am at the age that my eyes like the bigger screen. I use my Z 10 for texting , email, internet and such when travelling and not near wifi. Phone is faster for browsing and such but still use my playbook a lot. Video chat when near wifi as well. Z10 is fine for video chst and skype as size doesn't matter as much for that. Viewing and reading are better, for me, on the larger screen.
    10-08-13 10:49 PM
    Since my Z10, a beside clock. =/

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 05:26 AM
    I use it as mosquito repellent... not only it saves life but I believe that mosquitoes doesn't really like BlackBerries... I've seen them usually resting on Apples...

Posted via Z10
    10-13-13 06:51 AM
    I use it as mosquito repellent... not only it saves life but I believe that mosquitoes doesn't really like BlackBerries... I've seen them usually resting on Apples...

Posted via Z10
    Nice lol

Join my bbm channel tech heads C00122D07
    10-13-13 09:32 AM
    I use mine to remote into my office machine when I'm out and for emails when bridged to Torch. I take it out in the field to troubleshoot customer connections (I work at a phone company). Bridge has been essential when I'm away from proper wifi that's for damn sure.

At home, I use it for movies and games. Some Kindle reading and magazines. So mostly for work and some play.
    Don't get a BlackBerry 10 smartphone if you enjoy the convenience of reading and writing emails on the BlackBerry PlayBook while storing the actual messages on the smartphone only.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    FF22 likes this.
    10-13-13 02:19 PM
    Don't get a BlackBerry 10 smartphone if you enjoy the convenience of reading and writing emails on the BlackBerry PlayBook while storing the actual messages on the smartphone only.

Can you explain what bridge can't do on the bb10 compared to 07

10-13-13 03:03 PM

The most significant difference is with a BlackBerry 10 smartphone you cannot read emails stored on the smartphone unlike with BlackBerry 5/6/7 smartphones. I always preferred to keep messages on the smartphone only while reading and writing them on the tablet when working in true portable mobile office.

FF22 and terminatorx like this.
    10-13-13 06:13 PM

Besides the email already noted, the Bridge NO longer can use the bb10's phone calendar, Memo (remember app) or tasks. Bridge on OS7 could do all of those things - again, with the data secured on the PHONE and visible on the PB. The data was not duplicated on the pb. End or close Bridge, your data was only left on the phone. You could lend your pb to someone and your data was secure.
    terminatorx likes this.
    10-13-13 11:53 PM
    It's my daily driver - I browse the web and pick up all my perosonal emials on it and listen to BBC Radio on it.

It's convenient to use and carry around, has the best audio experience of any tablet - bar none, and well just works.

And its got 64gb of storage so for �100 it was the steal of the century

Oh and i also use it to video chat with my Parents and my brother since I got them one each as well - which at �69ea was an even bigger steal
    10-14-13 02:30 AM
    Got mine last year when they were doing the $200 sale (64gb). There is not a day that goes by that I don't use it. It's has been my personal computer ever since. In fact I don't use a personal computer anymore.

Anything from streaming movies thru HDMI, bridging with my 9900 to doing all my research and homework.
    10-14-13 11:28 AM
    Got mine last year when they were doing the $200 sale (64gb). There is not a day that goes by that I don't use it. It's has been my personal computer ever since. In fact I don't use a personal computer anymore.

Anything from streaming movies thru HDMI, bridging with my 9900 to doing all my research and homework.
    Yep the BlackBerry PlayBook connected to the BlackBerry smartphone prior to BlackBerry OS 10 via BlackBerry Bridge remains a workhorse that BlackBerry abandoned too readily shortly after launching the tablet. I wish BlackBerry would restore full functionality with BlackBerry 10 smartphones.

FF22 likes this.
    10-14-13 11:33 AM
    Thanks I appreciate the advice so the PlayBook isn't necessarily done you can continue using it which is a good thing for me. What about word apps I like native Microsoft Word but the word to go is good correct? Also plan on using a bluetooth keyboard and my z10 as a mouse what y'all think?

I use my playbook mainly for work. Excel spreadsheets, a secondary screen for my calender and I use an app called Remote Desktop. Oh yeah I have the official mini keyboard connected at all times.
    I run so many excels spread sheets that i've side loaded Kingsoft office and purchased smart office. To make sure that all of my files are in sync, i've also side loaded sugar sync and have it syncing a specific folder to keep me safe.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 07:03 PM
    I use it for studying. Transfer all my notes and slides to the PlayBook via Box. It's much more portable than my laptop and a bigger screen than the Z10. I find it the perfect size and easy to take anywhere.

Posted from my Z10
    10-14-13 07:08 PM
    Movies and games while traveling/airplane..... works very well for it. And some games for the kids....

Posted via CB10 on my Zee10 on 10.2.xXxX
    10-14-13 07:10 PM
    Yep the BlackBerry PlayBook connected to the BlackBerry smartphone prior to BlackBerry OS 10 via BlackBerry Bridge remains a workhorse that BlackBerry abandoned too readily shortly after launching the tablet. I wish BlackBerry would restore full functionality with BlackBerry 10 smartphones.

Not sure where u have issues with BB10 and the bridge. I have no issues at all. I use bridge a lot almost daily.

10-14-13 07:11 PM
    I also usevmy Playbook for editing documents on the go and also for fuss free photography-the camera's easy to use and captures pleasing photos.

Paid $99 at a Cash Converters store for mine. The HDMI out is very handy for viewing videos and photos on my Sony HDTV.
    10-15-13 03:34 AM
    Not sure where u have issues with BB10 and the bridge. I have no issues at all. I use bridge a lot almost daily.

Oh this little feature which allowed email to be stored securely on the smartphone while reading and writing email on the tablet without needing to set-up accounts on the tablet. All email stored on one device (smartphone).
    10-15-13 03:42 AM
    Hey guys I just got my PlayBook that I paid 40 bucks for on ebay plus 20 for shopping. I accidentally bid on the item before reading what condition it was in. Not to mention that they didn't have a picture of the device just a picture of a PlayBook. I didn't even know how scratched up it was... so I bid a dollar after the first dudes bid waiting for someone to out bid me because this was my first ebay bid... and I didn't know you can back out. So I just left it there and waited on it.They stated that it could turned on but there was a pass word. When I got it it was bricked and wouldn't charge. I took advantage and Googled some answers and finally got it working. It's perfectly fine only one dead pixel which you can hardly tell at times and no scratches sweet 3w gb one eh?

FF22 likes this.
    10-15-13 11:38 AM
    For Web browsing, email and books, but when I get my new Windows tablet, next month, it's going to to my grandson so he can play his games.
    10-15-13 12:09 PM
    Hi everyone!

I got my playbook last year, and even though by today's standard people might call it outdated (hardware wise or software wise), I still use it alot as my primary tablet. I think one of its best features is bridge, and its functionality is really awesome. The default browser is somehow slow, but still usable. A better alternative would be Origami browser, which is very much like Chrome, and faster than the stock browser. In terms of productivity, I think this is really a workhorse. I use groovy notes for taking down some important things and ideas, and also docs to go to view and edit documents. I am also using a free ssh client called bssh for doing research calculations in a supercomputer cluster. For file transferring and management, I use files and folders with its cloud integration. Multimedia consumption? I think this is one of the best tablets out there for watching movies, especially when connected to a big screen via hdmi.
    10-15-13 12:42 PM
    Watching attack on titan 👏👏👏

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk - now Free
    10-15-13 05:33 PM
    I use mine for accounts using Excel spreadsheets plus browsing the internet amongst other things. It's so much easier than firing up a PC to do this and much more portable too. Bridged to my Torch 9810 it cannot be beaten.
    10-16-13 07:40 AM
    Since it has flash, I use it to stream NFL games, twitter, and email, and read books (I have a lot of kobo books)
    10-16-13 09:27 AM
    I install transit bus advertising for work. 100%mobile. Hundreds of advertising wraps and signs to keep track of. PB is my laptop replacement for all required paperwork and pc work. Major use of spreadsheets, cloud, photo taking, photo emailing and general entertainment. Paired to a 9900.

If usb hosting was possible, then I would never need the laptop to email real camera pics. Well except for permanent backups and final storage of thousands of photos and notes.

Damn Blackberrys are tough. 2 years strong after banging around a bus storage building and numerous concrete floor gatherings.

Shame if they ever die, especially the phone as touchscreen only phones are a big PITA with dirty work hands.

Only stupid issue with PB is its version on Excel. You cannot insert rows/columns or sort anything.
    10-16-13 01:35 PM
81 1234