So it looks like mine is going straight back to Best Buy. Main reason: it's been about 3 days since I last turned it on, and I haven't missed it one bit. I just have no need for it, being that I have 2 laptops (work & play) which are both constantly connected.

I'm curious: What the **** do you guys use your Playbooks (or any tablet for that matter) for? I'm assuming everyone here has a computer or smart phone, so what do you do on your PB's that makes it a necessity?

I'm not really sure what I need/want from a tablet just yet, so I don't want to force myself to play with a gadget I obviously don't care to play with (for now).
    Then WTF you buy it and now you ***** about it here?
    06-01-11 06:53 PM
    oh i forgot about tracking stocks

i have a service that streams stock information and i use the PB to view it throughout the day
    An App or WEB based service?
    06-01-11 07:10 PM
    Seriously? If you have to even ask "what do you use your PB for" then you seriously shouldn't have bought one in the first place.
    06-01-11 08:43 PM
    I can read news with a dedicated news apps in my pb. Drudge report, fluent news, aljazeera, bloomberg,pulse, nytimes, guardian, digital journal, you name it!
    06-01-11 09:09 PM
    I use it for web browsing on my couch. The 7" screen is far more comfortable to browse on than a smartphone, and it's far less cumbersome to use than my laptop.

To use my laptop, I have to first wait for it to boot up, then I have to plug it in because the battery life isn't that great, and, on top of that, I have to deal with it's large keyboard and the heat it dissipates.

With the PB, it's instant on from standby with a swipe, and the battery life is great, I never have to worry about my battery running out of juice while browsing.
    06-01-11 09:15 PM
    Overall both the Playbook and iPad suit my needs perfectly. I use the iPad for reading Financial Times (until Playbook app comes) and watching Netflix.
    Here's a PB app for the Financial Times:

World business, finance, and political news from the Financial Times - FT.com
    06-01-11 09:25 PM
    Did you have fun today?
    if being raped by a hairy mountain man is fun, then yes I did.
    06-01-11 09:28 PM
    i'm using my PB for browsigh. since i work in a media i need a portable pc and netbook cant provide it. it's ran out of battery easily and i need table to put it.

i want tabs to browse, writing and some reading in spare time. Pb provide it all. why not ipad? it's too big while gtab wasnt good enough for me...
    06-02-11 09:40 AM
    I would have have never bought one if I didn't need one. Therefore, there was no life-shift in order to justify having one. It was a device that came out that pretty much fit the needs of my mobility paired with task-handling that fit my mold, not the other way around.
    06-02-11 10:01 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD