What will be the 'stuff' that you expect will be the biggest surprise in OS 2.0 release?

For some it might be a huge surprise to see the android player baked in. For people with lowered expectation it might be native-mail, PIM etc. Others might be content with autocorrect etc? Or maybe RIM has something up its sleeve and actually give us something like SIRI, after all RIM had been working with Nuance which poweres SIRI.
    maybe they will introduce Music/movies or maybe the once featured 3D over HDMI from TAT. Or maybe,, just finally seeing the version number on the playbook start with 2.0 by itself will be a surprise?

Sound-Off as you only have three more days before it all starts happening on Devcon.
    10-14-11 01:06 PM
    I would be happily surprised if the Android Player is baked into OS 2.0.
    10-14-11 01:10 PM
    biggest surprise would be its release date, if it is in 3 days

Other than that, I wish we see a lot of minor tweaks (major would be bigger surprise) to all the core apps (like replacing picture/music/video player with front runner from TAT) or something like that......or just give me mkv (w /AC3).

Another surprise, would be announcement of lot of new third party apps that they are supposedly holding back (not sure anymore since EA, Gameloft games were not held back).
    10-14-11 01:14 PM
    Just want MMS, a simple request, and sometime before Thanksgiving.
    10-14-11 01:16 PM
    An office suite for playbook or an improved version of Docs to go for playbook.
    10-14-11 01:21 PM
    what I'd hope for is USB OTG
    what I'd expect is that the biggest surprise is a release date in 2012...
    rleo25 likes this.
    10-14-11 01:21 PM
    biggest surprise would be its release date, if it is in 3 days

Other than that, I wish we see a lot of minor tweaks (major would be bigger surprise) to all the core apps (like replacing picture/music/video player with front runner from TAT) or something like that......or just give me mkv (w /AC3).

Another surprise, would be announcement of lot of new third party apps that they are supposedly holding back (not sure anymore since EA, Gameloft games were not held back).
    I am hoping with the sudden release of EA and Gameloft games its a sign of when os2 is released a lot more greats games and apps will be released. Definately hoping for some more productivity apps (RDP, Logmein, google docs).
    10-14-11 01:24 PM
    I am waiting for OS 2.0.

Maybe it's the biggest surprise or biggest disappoint
    10-14-11 01:33 PM
    The NDK is still in beta? People on this forum posted that they have apps made with the beta NDK but they are not being approved yet. Hopefully, they announce during the devcon that NDK is out of beta and all the apps submitted with the beta NDK are eventually approved and released (otherwise I don't know how much work it is for dev to then do the same app using non-beta ndk).
    10-14-11 01:34 PM
    When it actually ships.
    10-14-11 01:47 PM
    Developers using the beta NDK have been told they may submit their apps to App World, and nobody has said there would be a delay in getting those approved, at least not a delay related to having used the NDK.

The point of a beta is usually to test stuff, so generally you don't expect major changes in the behaviour or available functionality between the beta and the release. Other than in exceptional cases, it shouldn't be much work at all for devs to switch to the final NDK when it's released. Possibly just re-executing their build/packaging/signing commands, with no code changes required.
    10-14-11 01:52 PM
    MS IE. or BBTV.
    10-14-11 02:09 PM
    Usb otg nothing less !
    10-14-11 02:28 PM
    I'm figuring there's going to be a big hooplah over some new app or functionality that I have absolutely no use for (hence, am not expecting, a la video chat).

What would be a real surprise to me (again, because I'm not expecting it) would be some business-class productivity and desktop-interactivity apps that would allow me to take meeting notes and easily/wirelessly transfer them to my work laptop. Any way that I've see to do that right now is pretty kludgy.
    10-14-11 02:40 PM
    What will be the 'stuff' that you expect will be the biggest surprise in OS 2.0 release?

For some it might be a huge surprise to see the android player baked in. For people with lowered expectation it might be native-mail, PIM etc. Others might be content with autocorrect etc? Or maybe RIM has something up its sleeve and actually give us something like SIRI, after all RIM had been working with Nuance which poweres SIRI.
    maybe they will introduce Music/movies or maybe the once featured 3D over HDMI from TAT. Or maybe,, just finally seeing the version number on the playbook start with 2.0 by itself will be a surprise?

Sound-Off as you only have three more days before it all starts happening on Devcon.
    For me the release itself will be a surprise. Everything else is a bonus.
    10-14-11 02:44 PM
    It's actual existance
    ScoobsDM likes this.
    10-14-11 02:44 PM
    I love my Playbook as is (some people seem to have purchased it so they could complain about what is not in it) and that is why I purchased it. However, I believe we are also going to get:
    BB Movies
    Android Player (angry birds, kindle, netflix, etc.)

We are getting some incredible games from Gameloft and EA. I'm not a gamer but even I enjoy them.
    If RIM says to people, hey you can save 50 bucks a month if you get a PB with a BB and we will give every PB owner 50-100 dollar credit to purchase 10 free movies on our new BB Movies, that would really move the PB and they would sell about a million PB this Christmas.

Playbook at 399.99 + 100 credit towards BB Movies, and continue Bridge Support = 1 million PB sold by Christmas.
    10-14-11 02:56 PM
    However, I believe we are also going to get:
    BB Movies
    Android Player (angry birds, kindle, netflix, etc.)
    I don't think you should hold your breath on the last two. Entirely possible, but Netflix only recently made Netflix compatible with all Android devices, and Amazon is in now hurry to bolster someone else's 7-inch tablet.
    10-14-11 02:59 PM
    BB movies hbo go netflix just need something similar to that already!!!!
    10-14-11 03:03 PM
    My Biggest Surprise will be if it's actually RELEASED before Christmas!
    10-14-11 03:04 PM
    An office suite for playbook or an improved version of Docs to go for playbook.
    That, an improved PDF reader, slides to go, and biggest of all. controlling playbook from the BB phone over bridge.
    What I WON'T be surprised about is that no matter what it has, it still wont be good enough, and we will go through a whole new round of complaining..
    10-14-11 03:07 PM
    My biggest suprise will be simple wifi connectivity and one button printing to a wifi printer.It would also be nice to be able to take a picture and send directly.
    10-14-11 03:15 PM
    I'm figuring there's going to be a big hooplah over some new app or functionality that I have absolutely no use for (hence, am not expecting, a la video chat).

What would be a real surprise to me (again, because I'm not expecting it) would be some business-class productivity and desktop-interactivity apps that would allow me to take meeting notes and easily/wirelessly transfer them to my work laptop. Any way that I've see to do that right now is pretty kludgy.
    Have you tried Evernote? I have been a big Evernote fan and have used it on my PlayBook since I got it a couple of days ago. The app is not as slick as the iPad version, but it does the job.

Whatever notes you take on Evernote for PB will be seamlessly synched to your desktop Evernote app, and wherever else you may have Evernote on.
    jeffcrn likes this.
    10-14-11 03:20 PM
    I would love the following suprises

Skype/MSN/Shape + built in.
    Netflix app baked in
    Office suite
    Email over activesync/BES/BIS/Imap/pop3
    Angry Birds Free (just to shut people up)
    Built In turn by Turn Navigation
    AD2P bluetooth.
    Usb host (mouse,sd card reader etc etc.)
    Remote Desktop app built in.
    Android Player.
    Full PIM.
    rajrai10 likes this.
    10-14-11 03:39 PM
    Surprise would be android player, love to see more apps: netflix, kindle, flixster just some basic apps that every other os carries. If the andriod player works as good as im hoping then those apps should work. and this would be hands down the best tablet out there. the apps are the only thing holding this tablet back.

and i would like to see auto correct. haha
    10-14-11 03:43 PM
79 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD