View Poll Results: What Do You Use it For?

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • Business

29 27.10%
  • Pleasure (Everyday Normal Use)

67 62.62%
  • Angry Birds (Games)

12 11.21%
  • The Price Dummy!

9 8.41%
  • I Use it All

46 42.99%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    It would be nice to know what the difference is in playbook users, whether there are actually a lot of business people who use it. Or if the majority are the everyday consumer.

*Edit: I apologize for question 4 as it doesn't relate. It's my first time doing a poll and forgot to remove the option as it was for a different question..
    Last edited by shn; 01-30-12 at 12:13 AM.
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    01-30-12 12:03 AM
    Pleasure and games. Originally I used it for convenient web browsing, and not much else. But over the last couple months the app selection has vastly improved, so now I use it for some gaming sessions as well.

It goes on all my road trips with me too, it replaced my laptop essentially. Took it to CES and E3 for some picture/video taking and internet browsing.

I hope to use it for business if the Bomgar mobile console gets ported over.
    Last edited by therapyreject174; 01-30-12 at 12:27 AM.
    shn'g likes this.
    01-30-12 12:25 AM
    Pleasure and games. Originally I used it for convenient web browsing, and not much else. But over the last couple months the app selection has vastly improved, so now I use it for some gaming sessions as well.

It goes on all my road trips with me too, it replaced my laptop essentially. Took it to CES and E3 for some picture/video taking and internet browsing.

I hope to use it for business if the Bomgar mobile console gets ported over.
    Yeah I have found I have used it a lot more for games than I thought I would! Your right the app selection is getting really good now! I think I have 30 good games in my folder now. I hope you will be able to use it for business soon because then it truly replaces everything!
    01-30-12 12:32 AM
    I like to consider college-related stuff as business.
    Until it there is an RIM developed keyboard on the market, yes it can be a little counter productive using it for educational purposes in some ways, but in most it beats lugging a laptop in your bag with a number of textbooks, binders and notebooks.
    shn'g likes this.
    01-30-12 12:49 AM
    Everything!
    shn'g and Vorkosigan like this.
    01-30-12 12:49 AM
    browsing, youtube, searching, media consumption, music, email (bridged with 9900) and etc.
    shn'g likes this.
    01-30-12 01:03 AM
    surfing..kids use it for games.
    shn'g likes this.
    01-30-12 01:06 AM
    Yeah College I would say goes in the business category!.. I actually though that my wife would be all over the games but she would rather use it for the browser and email thats about it. Oh well more play time for me!
    01-30-12 01:11 AM
    i use it for general interwebz and content consumption. and it does its job quite nicely. i've used it in meetings, but i'd rather have pen and paper still for notes. it's really good for referencing pdfs and other documents though
    shn'g likes this.
    01-30-12 01:17 AM
    I use it mostly for surfing, but lately I've been using it at work during meetings to jot down notes in word to go. Comes in handy.
    shn'g likes this.
    01-30-12 01:18 AM
    I use it a lot for work... email, browser and Citrix. But today was the weekend, so besides the various uses, I took a picture of the shopping list and brought my PB to the store with me. It sits perfectly in the kid seat. I got a text to pick up pizza while I was in the slowest line ever, so I pulled up the Domino's website and ordered the 2 pizza special. Then, I checked CrackBerry. By the time I got out of the store and drove down to Domino's, the pizzas were ready to go.
    01-30-12 01:23 AM
    I use it a lot for work... email, browser and Citrix. But today was the weekend, so besides the various uses, I took a picture of the shopping list and brought my PB to the store with me..
    That's perfect! Now you need a really good grocery list app and your set!
    01-30-12 01:33 AM
    That's perfect! Now you need a really good grocery list app and your set!
    the age-old paper list is hard to get rid of. It would entail training my wife to get her PB and add an item instead of writing it down, which she has done for years. Taking a picture of the list works well, I just need a photo editing app where I can cross items off.
    01-30-12 01:48 AM
    Browsing, searching, games, YouTube, blogging for BerryReview, Twitter, Facebook, writing docs in Word To Go, paying bills, music, email, BBM, ...
    shn'g likes this.
    01-30-12 07:11 AM
    Browsing(twitter, CB forums, tweakers.net and youtube), Music (the speaker quality is awesome, I find myself always asked to play music while studying with my classmates), Games (Asphalt 6, Black Pegasus 2), and keeping track of all my homework trhough docs to go!
    shn'g likes this.
    01-30-12 07:34 AM
    16G OS 2 beta:

Websurfing
    Bridged e-mail
    Pictures & video with camera
    Service Call companion using Evernote, RDP and Telnet apps
    Obtaining Contractor Safety Certifications by completing online forms and watching in-house flash safety vids
    Factory Service Manual reference
    Bluetooth Audio through A2DP
    Bedtime reading with Kobo

64G OS 1.0.8:

Movie watching & online TV episode streaming through micro-HDMI
    Controlling my digital player on my grand piano
    Websurfing

However, both get a nightly workout with Fruits & Ninja... Wife holds current high score of 275
    shn'g and cdelcampo216 like this.
    01-30-12 07:37 AM
    I use my PlayBook for everything.
    shn'g likes this.
    01-30-12 07:42 AM
    I use my PlayBook for everything.
    The way it should be used! Lol
    diegonei likes this.
    01-30-12 07:49 AM
    Use it for everything, love my pb!!
    01-30-12 07:58 AM
    Everything!
    In the morning i read the news on cbc and make any quick notes i need for work.
    In meetings i take notes, grab docs and pics from my dropbox, pull up websites and do research
    In the evening i surf, play games and do a bit of reading although i admit for pleasure reading i still prefer my ereader.
    Of course I'm starting to have to fight for it cause my hubby has decided that it's better than his iphone and he keeps grabbing it. lol
    01-30-12 08:03 AM
    Of course I'm starting to have to fight for it cause my hubby has decided that it's better than his iphone and he keeps grabbing it. lol
    Uh I wish my wife would start using it more! I have tried playing up the whole oh you will use it for work but no go. I want to give her this one so I can get the 64GB one! I have an iPhone to and he keeps grabbing the playbook cause IT IS better!
    01-30-12 08:11 AM
    Uh I wish my wife would start using it more! I have tried playing up the whole oh you will use it for work but no go. I want to give her this one so I can get the 64GB one! I have an iPhone to and he keeps grabbing the playbook cause IT IS better!
    roflol - totally in my plan. i'm going to give him the 16GB one so i can grab the 32 or 64.
    01-30-12 08:19 AM
    My laptop died a week before I got my PlayBook. 'nuff said.

"Angry Birds (Games)". Really? You couldn't pick anything else to represent the category?

I fail to see why anyone would spend $5 on that when they can get much better titles for much much less.
    01-30-12 08:26 AM
    Honestly, I don't use it too much for business, because my business is all done from M-F 8-5. I do use it for Social Media, Media... BUT soon - I'm going to use it for my Email, Calendar & hopefully, there will be a Google Calendar Sync. I would love to use it for Skype, but that doesn't exist yet. All I know, is that I had the option to get an iPad 1 as a gift and turned it down, even though I use a Mac at home & do still use my iPod Touch regularly (for apps that aren't on the PB) so, I guess I am going to stick with RIM & use my PlayBook till I have an extra $600 to get an iPad 3? NO!!! I'm hooked!

CDC
    01-30-12 08:51 AM
    I'm still annoyed that Angry Birds is $4.99!!! Really!? It's FREE everywhere else... & Cut The Rope - $2.99? Come on now!! App world needs FREE / LITE versions of the most popular games! That's all I am saying!
    01-30-12 08:53 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD