i really would have to say for me it would be a matter of what app i use the least which would probably be either bridge files or bridge tasks...everything else i use on pretty much a daily basis. weather it is taking notes with word to go or browsing my dvd library with sheet to go, all the while listening to music and pretty much constantly using the browser and all the rest of the bridge apps...

as far as typing goes the lack of a tactile sensation is strange at first, but in landscape mode i find that i can pretty much keep up with anything i can do on my torch if not even a little faster...that being said i would really like it if the pb would auto capitalize at the beginning of sentences and the letter "i" by itself, insert periods with a double space and integrate a custom dictionary...all of that can come in the future though. at least for now the spell check helps you to identify when you have mistakenly typed a word incorrectly...
    06-30-11 11:20 PM
    @black93117 I'm just like you when it comes to being able to use a tablet on the go. The idea of trying to use a 9 or 10-inch tablet while walking just seems awkward to me... Just too big.

@dave_2611 this skytunes app sounds very interesting! I have tens of thousands of songs and it would be extremely convinient to be able to play them on my playbook without having the choose which ones to copy & whatnot.

@sid_kid that's a bit disheartening... The autocorrect is one of my favorite features on my 9650. It would take some getting used to not having it. Will it be coming via a software update soon?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-11 02:11 AM
    the browser, believe it or not its better then my laptop browser and my galaxy tabs browser.
    07-01-11 05:39 AM
    though it is primitive) hello notes for quick notes and for PDF document bookmarks, Word To Go, Sheet To go, and Playepub (epub book reader). I am a Role Playing Game gamer and between PDF and Word To Go and Dice Calculator app I'm set for paperless gaming. I enjoy having my music and videos with me for use when I'm away from home. The web browser is excellent. The weather app is very good.
    mdjones21 likes this.
    07-01-11 07:26 AM
    Browser is a dream.... I use blackboard a lot for school and I cant access all its features using any other tablet browser. The Playbook limits me to nothing on the internet! That in itself was enough to sell me.
    mmm how about the iPad app for Blackboard?
    Blackboard Press Releases
    07-01-11 08:36 AM
    1. Browser - it's awesome
    2. Bridge - your BB on steroids
    3. Adobe Reader - it's functional enough to ready my PDFs and the search function is very good.
    4. Word to Go
    5. Kobo e-reader - hope to get Kindle or Nook app soon (more for the ecosystem...the Kobo app works fine), but Kobo has lots of free e-books, decent selection of books.

I like my PB and am looking forward to it getting even better.

The tablet you get (and like) will depend on your needs and personal preferences. Don't let fanboys (of any ilk) sway you. Figure out what YOU need/like and go with it.
    07-01-11 09:37 AM
    1. Browser - it's awesome
    2. Bridge - your BB on steroids
    3. Adobe Reader - it's functional enough to ready my PDFs and the search function is very good.
    4. Word to Go
    5. Kobo e-reader - hope to get Kindle or Nook app soon (more for the ecosystem...the Kobo app works fine), but Kobo has lots of free e-books, decent selection of books.

I like my PB and am looking forward to it getting even better.

The tablet you get (and like) will depend on your needs and personal preferences. Don't let fanboys (of any ilk) sway you. Figure out what YOU need/like and go with it.
    You can search in your Adobe reader? Ive never seen this function. how to you get to it?
    07-01-11 09:58 AM
    mmm how about the iPad app for Blackboard?
    Blackboard Press Releases
    You good now? You got the trolling out of your system for today? This contributed nothing to the discussion. I asked what people liked most about the Playbook. Kick rocks.
    07-01-11 10:37 AM
    If I were still in college I'd get an iPad. I'm sure you'll find more apps designed for it such as text books and your professors probably cater to that device more than anything else.
    I love my playbook, don't get me wrong, but if I were still a student I would likely buy an iPad if for no other reason than the fact that I'm probably carrying a backpack full of books, so I don't need the smaller size, and I could use Notes Plus.. That app is awesome. It is about the only thing that gives me iPad envy.

Notes Plus

Other than that one app, I would much rather have a Playbook. And when something that good for taking notes comes along, the Playbook would win hands down. Some of the note taking apps on the PB are half decent, and would do in a pinch, but nothing even comes close to Notes Plus. We need an app like that! If you are a student sitting in class all day taking notes, that would make a big difference to me.
    07-01-11 11:06 AM
    You good now? You got the trolling out of your system for today? This contributed nothing to the discussion. I asked what people liked most about the Playbook. Kick rocks.
    I am contributing something.

The comment was to encourage not to only talk about the browser.

The OT is going to college. The PB is not good for college, IMO, it lacks a lot of apps for note-taking etc.

And stating that blackboard does not work well on any other tablet than the PB is pure BS if there is a dedicated app available. Where is that trolling??
    07-01-11 04:20 PM
    The browser is huge obviously, but at least for me, plugging it into my TV via HDMI makes it a whole different animal. And that's why I like that it's more portable. You can plug your PB into anyone's TV and make it big if you want.
    07-01-11 05:14 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD