04-20-13 06:45 AM
237 ... 23456 ...
tools
    all we cant do at this point is either give up... or wait and hope for the best
    unfortunately i gave up lol
    10-15-11 12:28 AM
  2. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    so many great suggestions!! .. great to see them! .. Hopefully RIM is taking note and plans to incorporate as many as possible asap!! ... constructive feedback is always welcome by them!!

DEVCON will be the starting point!
    10-15-11 06:21 AM
    if notifications on the blackberry stop going off once they are accessed through the bridge!
    Revampd likes this.
    10-15-11 06:28 AM
    I would like autocorrect and keyboard shortcuts in all apps.
    10-15-11 11:31 AM
    Push email & varied sources, Netflix, Skype. ..

..and most of all, The ability to actually PURCHASE an app. Ive tried many times with different (valid) credit cards, and always get an error.
    I wonder how knowing you cannot purchase an app will affect those writing the apps for BB?
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-15-11 12:52 PM
    only thing that I don't like about it is that it is so frickin awesome! I can't use it in my sleep so that's a problem and I never want to put it down.

Real happy with it.
    djmm2 likes this.
    10-15-11 03:54 PM
    Hello everyone, I just got a playbook. is it normal that it takes the accelerometer to switch orientation in 4-6 seconds? I thought it would be quicker than that.
    10-15-11 04:08 PM
    Hello everyone, I just got a playbook. is it normal that it takes the accelerometer to switch orientation in 4-6 seconds? I thought it would be quicker than that.
    Seems like it does sometimes. Just did mine and under 2.
    10-15-11 04:10 PM
    1- web browser random closing bug
    2- no access to network files(or atleast DLNA support)
    3- when charging the touch screen becomes unusable.
    4- on/off button unusable
    5- not much video codecs

no much really. as applications are starting to come, i expect there will be network access and new video players with codecs, the web browser bugs will be addressed, i've learned to use the menu to put my playbook to standby.

i have learned how to use this and its a great device. if skype comes out, or if someone figures out how to get it working in android player. in my opinion it becomes a near complete device for my needs.
    Last edited by madoon; 10-15-11 at 06:30 PM.
    10-15-11 06:10 PM
    I dislike not having a flash for the camera. I like having a flashlight and a white screen is sort of ridiculous
    10-15-11 06:11 PM
    Don't have one anymore, had one for about a month this summer. Great device overall, only things I hated about it were:

(1) Useless App World. I think I found 2 apps worth downloading from it, and one was a Calendar replacement app that turned out to be too buggy to keep.

(2) No Calendar, Notes or Email apps without syncing with a BB handheld. Calendar and organisation tools were the main things I've wanted a tablet for for some time now, and I assumed the Playbook would be the best choice for this kind of thing, but as I didn't have a BB device at the time, I didn't have access to them. Web-based email was quite slow, and the third-party calendar and notes apps I downloaded were buggy and needed a load of registration, so back to the store went the Playbook.
    10-15-11 08:12 PM
    Push email & varied sources, Netflix, Skype. ..

..and most of all, The ability to actually PURCHASE an app. Ive tried many times with different (valid) credit cards, and always get an error.
    I wonder how knowing you cannot purchase an app will affect those writing the apps for BB?
    May want to use Paypal. I've have zero issues with any purchases via appworld with Paypal setup.
    10-15-11 08:20 PM
    I'd like a bigger battery, and a nicer power button. Those are my only two complaints.
    10-16-11 12:58 AM
    why apps are more money for us. the moto x mayhem is 4.99 game and Bejewled 2 is 2.99. I think they are cheaper on android and ios!

grrrrr
    10-16-11 01:14 AM
    I'd like a bigger battery, and a nicer power button. Those are my only two complaints.
    I never really get the power button complaints as it almost never needs to be used. The vivid screen is what draws power. If you want a killer screen and great portability, battery life isn't going to exceed 8-12 hours with steady use. No way around that with current battery technology.
    10-16-11 01:20 AM
    I would like an improved browser. There are a number of forum sites that I visit that cause the browser to hang, requiring me to hit the link several times for it to download. if you'd like to see what I'm talking about try clicking on some links in this forum:
    I've browsed this site on othertabs without issue.

http://forums.mtbr.com/29er-bikes/
    Sue Donym likes this.
    10-16-11 07:35 AM
    The PB in use at work or on the go draws way too much attention!! Not everyone has one, let alone seen one. Its too special, too unique........everyone wants to swipe it and I don't mean borrowing it. Great looking coworker asked to see the back of the PB and now I got her 5mp picture..lol

Needs to add some features to make it a specialized tablet....like BBM on wifi, better documents/excel programs and more user customizer functions like folders/tab functions
    Last edited by AggreX; 10-16-11 at 08:19 AM.
    10-16-11 08:16 AM
    lack of auto off/on. i would be using that every night if that were there. I'd also like to be able to download apps via bridge. i know that some of the apps are much larger for the PB, so I see why they made it wifi only. Those are just a few that come to mind right now.
    10-17-11 11:12 AM
    No Japanese keyboard
    Few android apps
    Facebook app
    03-20-13 04:30 AM
    For me, the Playbook and o/s are absolutely brilliant. I have no fault with it. My dislikes are with the people who make the apps by not finishing off the installations. A little research would have made them excellent. I use Osmand, and it has not had the coding submitted to allow the programme to continue after the 5 minute screen on. Having to swipe the screen in a moving vehicle is not what I need for safety. Nexus 7 for satnav. Bummer!
    03-20-13 05:04 AM
    I like the playbook a lot. it's really convenient.
    the only thing lacking for me are some of the apps. it's the apps, not the playbook itself.
    facebook app where the friend's display picture is not showing.
    the doc to go app especially the powerpoint part, where the animation is not shown. it is just basic powerpoint.
    what I mean is, on my pc, I made the powerpoint presentation allow for click of mouse to show each individual line or point but when I transfer the ppt file to the playbook, it shows the whole slide with all the text.
    it would be nice if blackberry could make powerpoint full-fledge. everything you can do on the pc, you can do on the pb.
    03-20-13 05:20 AM
    I dislike Blackberry being in charge of it.

I would prefer an Android Jelly Bean port for it.
    03-20-13 06:12 AM
    a bit bulky....and where's bbm ???
    03-20-13 06:17 AM
    **** poor still after two years. The fact that we were used as guinea pigs to make a phone. The fact that they said they were committed to the Playbook, now we can't hear anything about the BB10 upgrade.

Random browser crashing, no proper integration with major apps (for example can't hit share and share my pics instantly). Everything still looks so basic and version 0.5 'ish on PB. Still can't set screen time out to NEVER or even 30/60 mins so the damn screen goes off every couple minutes.

Poor app selection. Apps are expensive compared to other platforms. Hardly any accessories, the accessories available are extremely expensive. I've just setup the bluetooth keyboard for my sister and that isn't worth the pricing I've seen in the US. She got it out of Canada luckily.

Sideloaded apps are often older versions. Updating them is a pain. If I am going to sideload Android apps, why not get an Android tablet with a much more mature OS and app store.

Why do apps look so much better on other platforms? For example Evernote.

That's it for now.
    03-20-13 06:42 AM
    The built in file browser - it's a peice of stinking dog poh!

No USB OTG actually I think this is RIM's / BB's biggest failure, such a simple thing to include with such a massive gain ( USB keyboards, 3G dongles etc. )

RIM's / BB's attitude to the playbook and it's user base is also shamefull imho. ( but that's not the playbooks fault ).

Other than that it's the best tablet I've ever used bar none - and i'm not a BB fanboy fwiw.
    03-20-13 07:52 AM
237 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD