I have the 128 gb Pro and it shows 110 gb total size and 73 gb available.

I know its an added cost, but it will support up to a 64 gb microsd card.

I also read somewhere that a lot of the space is taken up by a back up copy of Windows 8 that is used to restore the computer if needed. I also read that those files can be copied to cd's and the original files on the Pro can be erased to regain that drive space.

You can also use usb drives. I don't know what the size limit is for those.

Also, I have 2 external drives of 640 gb and 200 gb that I can connect to if needed.

Between all those options, the storage space is really negligible. Really, a 64 gb Pro would have been sufficient.
    I think as much as anything else, what has cuased the uproar has been the overhead that people haven't truly expected. If you buy a PC and put an OS on, and some apps, you expect a fair degree of overhead. When you buy something much more appliance like, you very much more expect it to conform with rationales for similar devices, not, say, similar to what you'd expect with a PC.
    04-04-13 04:08 AM
    I detest the constant browser crashing - especially when I have been entering something on a forum post. Likewise I don't like the fact that you can't move the icons around in the Opera look-a-like speed dial.

But more than anything I absolutely hate the constant garbage about the Playbook being updated. It isn't going to happen. If they can't supply an update to the browser crashes and a few other tweeks why would they bother updating the entire system in what is now an old model. You need to be living in La-La land to imagine that RIM are going to pay the salary of a few people to update an old product when they are barely surviving as it is.

All that aside, I still use mine daily. I originally bought it instead of an ereader - it made so much more sense. And so when the slim ipad hits the shelves I'll buy one and keep the Playbook for reading my books in bed.

I wish Blackberry had the same dedication to updates as the people who supplied me my ebook reader app from this site. They are stars for keep updating the application.
    04-04-13 12:08 PM
    I detest the constant browser crashing - especially when I have been entering something on a forum post. Likewise I don't like the fact that you can't move the icons around in the Opera look-a-like speed dial.

But more than anything I absolutely hate the constant garbage about the Playbook being updated. It isn't going to happen. If they can't supply an update to the browser crashes and a few other tweeks why would they bother updating the entire system in what is now an old model. You need to be living in La-La land to imagine that RIM are going to pay the salary of a few people to update an old product when they are barely surviving as it is.

All that aside, I still use mine daily. I originally bought it instead of an ereader - it made so much more sense. And so when the slim ipad hits the shelves I'll buy one and keep the Playbook for reading my books in bed.

I wish Blackberry had the same dedication to updates as the people who supplied me my ebook reader app from this site. They are stars for keep updating the application.
    you sound like you've been hurt before. it actually makes a lot of sense to update all current playbooks to BB10 and it would be right in line with pushing the sales of their phones.

one of the biggest obsicles for BBRY is getting bb10 into the hands of the end users who are on different platforms.
    either being stubborn or they do not feel the need to switch.

a lot of playbook owners do not have a blackberry smartphone they have a different platform ie ios, android and this would put bb10 directly into their hands and that would be a very good thing id say a necisarry thing.

this is a challange BBRY needs to overcome to be successful and giving bb10 to nearly 3 million more people is a great way to do it
    04-04-13 01:36 PM
    I don't use it enough since I got my Z10. Tablet abuse.

Posted via CB10 on Zed10
    04-10-13 09:34 PM
    Still won't make toast!
    04-11-13 07:01 AM
    Still won't make toast!
    I would think that by now you would have learned yourself. But if lessons are needed - fill bowl with petrol, place loaf of bread just above it, place in microwave and turn on any setting and time. Toast, lots of toast.
    04-11-13 08:40 AM
    Would really like USB host support for stuff like:
    -USB Audio I/O
    -USB MIDI device I/O
    -USB memory stick/usb hard drive use
    -USB gamepad/controller use
    -USB mouse/keyboard

This would add lots of new features and the playbook is certainly capable of it with some OS tweaks!

Would also like to see cascades development on playbook ( or get BB10 for playbook )

Also: a better file/folder app to be able to properly use directories when searching for files (e.g. on docstogo)
    FF22 and axllebeer like this.
    04-11-13 09:11 AM
    -USB Audio I/O
    -USB MIDI device I/O
    -USB mouse/keyboard

This would add lots of new features and the playbook is certainly capable of it with some OS tweaks!

Would also like to see cascades development on playbook ( or get BB10 for playbook )

Also: a better file/folder app to be able to properly use directories when searching for files (e.g. on docstogo)
    Oh, yes, yes, YES, YES!
    04-11-13 10:20 AM
    You mean a files browser not voluntarily crippled by Blackberry ?

Because as far as I can remember such a files browser was already available in QNX as soon as the nineties...
    04-11-13 01:08 PM
    And it ate all my easter eggs
    04-11-13 03:54 PM
    I don't like that my keyboard doesn't register typing on the browser unless I click back off address bar and then re-click it. Super annoying

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    04-15-13 05:06 AM
    The only major issue I've got with it is the lack of app support. Don't get me wrong there's lots out for it but it's a tiny collection when compared to ipad and android
    04-15-13 07:22 AM
    The only major issue I've got with it is the lack of app support. Don't get me wrong there's lots out for it but it's a tiny collection when compared to ipad and android
    I second that, but that's been the story with the third and fourth place players mostly...no surprise.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    04-19-13 11:23 AM
    Pathetic software support from BBRY, I don't think anyone can argue the tablet is solid and the stock apps work well, but there are some niggling issues with the OS, and lack of key BBRY apps like BBM. I mean this is a BlackBerry device right? So who's idea was it to leave out one of the platforms killer apps? We know BBRY have BBM working on PlayBook there have been enough leaked screenshots, the same for BB10, BBRY need to stop dicking around and roll features out, hell even if it's only OS 3.0 for PlayBook with key BBRY apps and not BB10 (even though it's been promised, straight from the horses mouth as it were)
    04-19-13 01:27 PM
    Pathetic software support from BBRY, I don't think anyone can argue the tablet is solid and the stock apps work well, but there are some niggling issues with the OS, and lack of key BBRY apps like BBM. I mean this is a BlackBerry device right? So who's idea was it to leave out one of the platforms killer apps? We know BBRY have BBM working on PlayBook there have been enough leaked screenshots, the same for BB10, BBRY need to stop dicking around and roll features out, hell even if it's only OS 3.0 for PlayBook.
    Steady now, steady. It only took us two years to get to 2.1 and you want a massive leap to 3.0 just like that? These things take time, relax my young jedi and enjoy the journey. What will be will be. Oh sorry wrong film?
    tphp likes this.
    04-19-13 01:32 PM
    What BBRY need to do is employ a software schedule like Apple have with iOS, guarantee a 1.0 jump in software every 12 months with smaller updates inbetween, at least us customers would know that we're still being supported.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-19-13 01:37 PM
    What BBRY need to do is employ a software schedule like Apple have with iOS, guarantee a 1.0 jump in software every 12 months with smaller updates inbetween, at least us customers would know that we're still being supported.
    That's the funniest post I've read for weeks.
    04-19-13 01:54 PM
    I've seen funnier and more disturbing posts like tom cruise jumping on oprahs couch
    04-19-13 02:28 PM
    Am I missing out on an inside joke or something?
    04-19-13 02:29 PM
    Am I missing out on an inside joke or something?
    No - just walls and search engines have ears.
    04-19-13 03:48 PM
    -USB Audio I/O
    -USB MIDI device I/O
    -USB mouse/keyboard

My feelings exactly.
    04-19-13 04:14 PM
    No - just walls and search engines have ears.
    I still don't get it! :P
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-19-13 04:22 PM
    I still don't get it! :P
    It's ok neither do any of us!
    04-19-13 05:38 PM
    It's ok neither do any of us!
    You asked everyone, or is it just all the lurkers support you by PM? Or is there more than one of you in there?
    04-19-13 05:42 PM
    is this a conspiricy thred now ?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-19-13 05:52 PM
237 ... 78910
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD