They are containers, not codecs, per se. I'm not sure I've tried to play any RMVBs on my PlayBook, but I regularly play MKVs and MP4s.

Once again - what codec, and what codec audio - because I suspect it's the audio codec support you're failing, not video - BICBW.

Because you were talking about it being useless without WiFi, and I countered by saying the PlayBook probably natively provides more tethering options than a Nexus.

Yes it does, I regularly use it with my handset's 3.5G connection when I want to use my PlayBook, there's no WiFi available, and I've got 3G connectivity on my handset.

So because you can't make it work, it doesn't work, right? Wrong.

Great. And I'd use WiFi tethering if my handset supported it, but it doesn't - but that's the beauty - I don't need anything other than native functionality, on either device, to still be able to use the internet and read email, when I've got no WiFi coverage.

Me too.

Problem is, the slamming never seems to get any better, just more specious rubbish.
    It's all right for some people. The Z10 with no bridge is the pits. But look on the bright side. Very shortly rim will put bb41 on the pb and I am told I will be able to 3D graphically bridge my pb with my Z10. Not only the Z10 but my fridge, microwave, car, wife, dog, left shoe and it will all be in his definition multi colour. So there, what about them pumpkins then?
    03-26-13 08:50 AM
    It's all right for some people. The Z10 with no bridge is the pits. But look on the bright side. Very shortly rim will put bb41 on the pb and I am told I will be able to 3D graphically bridge my pb with my Z10. Not only the Z10 but my fridge, microwave, car, wife, dog, left shoe and it will all be in his definition multi colour. So there, what about them pumpkins then?
    I like pumpkins.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-27-13 10:49 PM
    Let's hope we live that long, can still enjoy our pasties and drink of choice, the Yosemite caldera hasn't blown and the big asteroid missed this miserable clump of fermions once again.
    sad_old_man and FF22 like this.
    03-28-13 01:01 AM
    Let's hope we live that long, can still enjoy our pasties and drink of choice, the Yosemite caldera hasn't blown and the big asteroid missed this miserable clump of fermions once again.
    Hear hear, I totally and wholeheartedly concur my fine fellow!

Psssst, could anyone tell me what he just said?
    03-28-13 08:20 AM
    i dislike that my playbook fell flat on it's face and now the screen is cracked to ****., but it still works
    03-28-13 08:27 AM
    i dislike that my playbook fell flat on it's face and now the screen is cracked to ****., but it still works
    I know I'm thick but I'm sure he didn't mean that?
    03-28-13 08:57 AM
    thats a bonus to transfer everything, my mates ipad held all his files captive when touch failed and Apple replaced it meaning he lost everything he needed, yup a whole new replacement may be good in circumstances but not all, he begged just send it away and repair touchscreen to no avail Apple just wanted to apologise and replace...NOW that's bad customer care.
    axllebeer likes this.
    03-28-13 08:59 AM
    thats a bonus to transfer everything, my mates ipad held all his files captive when touch failed and Apple replaced it meaning he lost everything he needed, yup a whole new replacement may be good in circumstances but not all, he begged just send it away and repair touchscreen to no avail Apple just wanted to apologise and replace...NOW that's bad customer care.
    Back up data. Basic rule, basic function = happiness.
    03-28-13 12:08 PM
    I LOVE my PB but I wish it had:

Micro SD Card Slot
    Mobile Banking Apps
    Instagram App
    Card Reader Apps (i.e. Square, PayAnywhere, PayPal, etc.)
    03-29-13 01:05 PM
    I LOVE my PB but I wish it had:

Micro SD Card Slot
    Mobile Banking Apps
    Instagram App
    Card Reader Apps (i.e. Square, PayAnywhere, PayPal, etc.)
    why pollute QNX with Fat or Fat32 ?
    03-31-13 09:11 AM
    No DLNA (Server & Client)
    03-31-13 09:33 AM
    why pollute QNX with Fat or Fat32 ?
    By that I take it you mean "Micro SD Card Slot"? Well if the oft-touted suggestionthat BB10 may bring OTG with it, then surely at least support for FAT or FAT32 is going to be required. And personally, having support for that, is hardly what I'd see as polluting - after all, filesystem support, doesn't mandate any change or weakening for the PlayBooks internal filesystems.
    AUgirl_inTX likes this.
    03-31-13 09:47 AM
    By that I take it you mean "Micro SD Card Slot"? Well if the oft-touted suggestionthat BB10 may bring OTG with it, then surely at least support for FAT or FAT32 is going to be required. And personally, having support for that, is hardly what I'd see as polluting - after all, filesystem support, doesn't mandate any change or weakening for the PlayBooks internal filesystems.
    your right your completely right I forgot about qnx and its sandboxxing environments
    03-31-13 10:03 AM
    1) And since the last update, it keeps forgetting my comcast email passwords.
    Otherwise, I knew I was buying bb's testing device for bb10, so the other little things don't bother me.
    I have the same issue with my Rogers.com email address. It might have something to do with the default email address being an IMAP one. I haven't reported this to BlackBerry, have you?

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 10:33 AM
    I ran into the same problem yesterday. I purchased a 64 gb online through Amazon and they offered one day delivery for only $15. Ebay is also another option for cheaper.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 10:49 AM
    By no dlna, you mean player? Search for Kalemsoft in Appworld. DLNA media player.

1) No DLNA
    2) Screen size should be 8" (same footprint, smaller bezel)
    3) Browser checkerboards like crazy
    4) Making a correction while typing is a *****

PB owners have been totally screwed by RIM/BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 11:03 AM
    Lack of major an quality apps. Fix that an the Playbook is great
    AUgirl_inTX likes this.
    03-31-13 12:32 PM
    My PlayBook is great in most cases. But after the Last update browser is much better but there is still room for improvement. I think we just need to have OS steam lined. The browser is the most used on my PlayBook and that's where I'd like to see improvement

Posted via Z10
    03-31-13 12:42 PM
    USB hosting.
    03-31-13 06:22 PM
    What file system does Playbook support if it doesn't support FAT32? Maybe not exFAT because of Microsoft charges? Certainly supports FAT32 enough to allow file transfer of files from your computer.
    03-31-13 07:35 PM
    Love my PB, I wish it had a native "save as/send as PDF" App.
    04-01-13 03:35 AM
    The question should be what is there to like about the playbook. It's not a horrible device, but since I've got my Z10, I have yet to turn on the playbook once. The browser on the playbook checkerboard and is very slow to load! The screen looks crappy, and it lags compared to the Z10. Overall, compared to the Z10, the playbook outright sucks.
    04-01-13 05:57 AM
    What would it be like if it could make toast? Eh?
    04-01-13 08:18 AM
    What would it be like if it could make toast? Eh?
    If you play a game on it and spread it with marmalade it can almost be like toast - warm with a nice coating of bittersweet goodness.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-01-13 08:46 AM
    If you play a game on it and spread it with marmalade it can almost be like toast - warm with a nice coating of bittersweet goodness.
    As game! A game sir! I would like you to know that when switched on the pb is the perfect receptacle for a cornish pasty. Right size and keeps just warm!
    04-01-13 09:11 AM
237 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD