Lack of USB OTG is a real bummer.
    axllebeer likes this.
    03-20-13 08:26 AM
    It's ok to be HONEST! We are here for you! What changes would you like to see made?
    I can no longer add bookmarks to my "add to home screen". Why not?
    03-21-13 11:58 PM
    After 2 years, RIM still can't do email. It's still necessary for me to use a sideloaded Android app to get full IMAP function. What a pitiful excuse for a business tablet.
    03-22-13 09:12 AM
    Only two things are at fault for me.

1. Screen 'time out' to be adjustable from 5 minutes up to 'never'. I use gps and it's a pain to have to swipe every 5 minutes when driving to reset the screen.

2. Battery to have internal switch off when below 10%. I personally never let it below 50% but I feel for other owners who have suffered as a result of not being able to switch on when the battery has reduced.

Regards

Ross
    Tim1131 likes this.
    03-22-13 10:05 AM
    1) inability to sort or edit bookmarks

2) slow handling of Java script in browser

And since the last update, it keeps forgetting my comcast email passwords.
    Otherwise, I knew I was buying bb's testing device for bb10, so the other little things don't bother me.
    bdguru likes this.
    03-22-13 10:17 AM
    I love my Playbook and would only ask for two things; more apps that allow me to watch TV from my provider to tablet (Time Warner Cable) and the ability to purchase apps from a pre-paid card like iTunes (sorry, but its true).
    03-22-13 10:45 AM
    1)Lack of a cross-platform video chat app (god damn)..
    2) terrible checkerboarding on scrolling around on web pages. (hard cry! Makes me wanna throw my playbook out of the window)
    3) a fully-functional file manager 'many people on here would agree'
    4) GPS functionality 'useless'
    all in all, playbook is a superb machine. I mean, simply awesome. I use it daily. But i sorely miss these features...
    03-22-13 10:48 AM
    My only problem with my PlayBook is when my IMAP AOL mail crashes. It's always a different set of numbers to get it fixed. Outside of that it's AWESOME.
    03-22-13 10:51 AM
    1) No DLNA
    2) Screen size should be 8" (same footprint, smaller bezel)
    3) Browser checkerboards like crazy
    4) Making a correction while typing is a *****

PB owners have been totally screwed by RIM/BlackBerry.
    Tim1131 likes this.
    03-22-13 12:26 PM
    I love my Playbook and would only ask for two things; more apps that allow me to watch TV from my provider to tablet (Time Warner Cable) and the ability to purchase apps from a pre-paid card like iTunes (sorry, but its true).
    doesn't your bank have visa debit cards ? I have a td and cibc visa debit cards that's how I purchass apps I just have to make sure I have money in my chequing accounts
    03-22-13 04:45 PM
    The browser too easily flips off the page to run another page . Usually an ad . The web browser can really be slow and may require reloading of the page. The battery is mediocre and for it's size the PB is too heavy. I would prefer an 8 inch tablet. The WIFI antenna is not very strong and the on switch is really cheap.
    03-22-13 08:51 PM
    It's been almost 2 years old and yet, we still not enjoying its full potential... and with no definite time frame from BlackBerry when the BB10 will be rolled out, it seems that our PlayBook is in a blink of extinction...

It is like a patient dying with some sort of illness... the doctor has a cure but for some reason, they don't want to give it (yet)... they don't want to pull the plug neither, so the patient can rest and his relatives can move on and have a peace of mind... silly "doctor"...

Posted via Z10
    FF22 and Wongsky like this.
    03-23-13 03:03 AM
    What I dislike about Playbook is my camera. Because I can't still figure out how to make it work again. (error 4003)
    03-23-13 07:34 AM
    What I dislike about Playbook is my camera. Because I can't still figure out how to make it work again. (error 4003)
    I had that happen once just 3 finger reset and was golden ever since
    03-23-13 08:02 AM
    I don't like the lack of integration on the OS. You can't share things easily and even copy and paste text between most apps. Overall I love the PlayBook but looking forward to this update ASAP. I have a friend working there and he indicated it's coming but may be months.
    03-23-13 08:22 AM
    Needs DLNA support. Micro SD card port would not hurt. Fix random browser shutdowns. Add productivity fixes (spell check, auto text, file management, etc). Allow Playbook to back up a paired BB phone (BB should have done that a long time ago). The ability to connect a USB drive (micro USB is fine just would like to connect a thumb drive when I need to pull data that is not in the cloud from industrial machines). I STILL LOVE MY PB. Don't get all iSheep on me.
    03-23-13 08:29 AM
    RIM - slow, buying QNX should have sped up staff training and product update deliveries on the newplatform, but oh no.same old RIMmers!!

PB still waits patiently for 10 while BB chase the Q And Z

Why would I replace a Pearl3G with a Z10? It removes the functionality I already have, which with a PB is limited enough without 10.
    03-23-13 10:02 AM
    RIM - slow, buying QNX should have sped up staff training and product update deliveries on the newplatform, but oh no.same old RIMmers!!

PB still waits patiently for 10 while BB chase the Q And Z

Why would I replace a Pearl3G with a Z10? It removes the functionality I already have, which with a PB is limited enough without 10.
    Why ? No reason at all if it meets your needs .... but your needs are not mine. In the world of BB there are relatively few PB owners. BB needs a modern phone to keep in business.
    03-23-13 05:19 PM
    Nothing

Posted via CB10 on Zed10
    03-23-13 05:23 PM
    Nothing

Posted via CB10 on Zed10
    Nothing as well.
    03-23-13 07:25 PM
    Nothing as well.
    a third for nothing
    03-23-13 07:54 PM
    Why ? No reason at all if it meets your needs .... but your needs are not mine. In the world of BB there are relatively few PB owners. BB needs a modern phone to keep in business.
    Modern? As in bridges to their only other product - a QNX tablet.
    03-23-13 08:09 PM
    Despite it's excellent build quality, perfect size & gesture based U.I.
    ...The tablet isn't functional compared to either an ipad or Droid.
    ...The Playbook can't even stream movies via Flixter on the native browser!

It's really a shame given I love everything about the Playbook except it's functionality...
    ...Compared to the ipad and Droid tablets.
    ...The Playbook, as far as functionality, can't even compete with Coby.

I will add that the Playbook takes nearly perfect HD videos however and is good for video chat...
    ...A 32GB Playbook should retail for around $125.00 - it's got enough going for it that would be fair.
    03-23-13 08:50 PM
    It's barely OK when connected to wi-fi, but nearly useless when not. Contact list works half time (cannot view without internet connection...typically). Calendar is difficult to read due to poor contrast (OK, iPad has the same issue). News articles cannot be read when not on line. And, I don't need to go into poor apps story...
    03-23-13 09:39 PM
    love the PB, its with me always, and don't need ahole lot of app's , but the quality. of the app should be there. How long has it been and how long will take for someone to fix the facebook app.
    03-23-13 09:55 PM
237 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD