Just set your account into your BB phone, bridge ... et voil�.
    Or go to their web interface.
    10-14-11 11:58 AM
    Oh, forgot: AD HOC support. That way I can dump image files from my eye-fi card to PB automatically.

c
    10-14-11 12:03 PM
    This thread is beyond redundant as so many have started complaint threads. Nevertheless, I've always said the PB is missing some basics, like a useable keyboard, bookmark and homescreen customization...
    Unbiased Tech likes this.
    10-14-11 12:06 PM
    Overall, I love my Playbook. My complaints are all software based and could be addressed with future updates.

1. Documents to Go is pretty useless for creating and editing. For what was supposed to be THE business tablet, having a stripped down version of an Office suite is disappointing.

2. No native email and calendar (which will hopefully be addressed soon). I want to be able to view my personal email and Google calendar even when I'm offline without having to use Bridge.

3. Slow and inconsistent for the screen to change orientation. Sometimes I find myself having to flip my PB every which way to get it to register. I feel silly when doing that in public. This is where the iPad2 shines.

4. Lack of quality apps or apps from big name companies. I always see companies putting out apps for iPad and Android but there's little love for the PB. As others have mentioned, RIM needs to get out there and work with developers.

5. Camera app is far too basic by today's standard.

6. Photo app should have at least some basic features such as cropping. When I click Edit, I expect to see more than just Delete. I know there are apps out there but this should be built into RIM's app.

7. Copy and Pasting across apps. Along with this, I wish I could highlight words from received emails and from web pages.

8. Not being able to sort, file or rename browser bookmarks.
    10-14-11 12:21 PM
    I am just a little frustrated because I need an instant messaging program and I know IM+ has submitted a finished product to RIM a little while ago and we still don't have it.
    10-14-11 12:22 PM
    Personally, I'd like to see not just phone files, but total access to phone through bridge (text/mms/calls/etc.) I'd also like to multiple emails (blackberry email/personal/work) like on the handheld devices. I also would like 2way HDMI and USB so i could hook a usb card reader up to the Playbook for pictures/videos/files. I know a lot of people say an SD slot but that would require full redesign, I'd be happy with the ability to plug a card reader in. I also believe that a way to do a complete phone backup/restore to and from the Playbook would be a HUGE benefit. If you drop your phone in the water hazard on business golf trip, u can go to the nearest dealer, buy a new one, and restore your stuff doing down the road. Makes sense to me (had this happen but couldn't back up to 11hours later in my hotel room).
    I would love this! Thanks.
    10-14-11 12:30 PM
    web browser randomly closing
    10-14-11 12:41 PM
    It's ok to be HONEST! We are here for you! What changes would you like to see made?
    I dislike that I paid full price to buy the playbook on the day it came out.
    I would like to see OS 2.0 with the expected features with android player and developers getting on board to make apps like the kindle, netflix, banking apps, more decent games and competitively priced apps or sale on the games made by EA, Gameloft etc.
    10-14-11 12:44 PM
    I dislike that I paid full price to buy the playbook on the day it came out.
    The question was - "What do you dislike about your Playbook", not "what do you dislike about yourself?". - stay on topic please.
    awattwell likes this.
    10-14-11 12:46 PM
    I hate the ON/Off button. Make it a lock button on the side.
    10-14-11 12:53 PM
    The only real dislike I have for the Playbook is that so much was promised/implied by RIM for it, and so little delivered to date. Things appear to be getting much better on the app front with more games coming out very recent. RIM hopefully will deliver on the other items last that they didn't deliver on time next week at DevCon. Now that I'm paired to a Bold 9900 instead of my Tour my Playbook use has gone up because it was a huge improvement in Bridge functionality. If they had released the new phones and Playbook at same time I think the product would have been much better received/reviewed. I think the pre OS7 phones just don't have the horsepower to make the Bridge experience pleasant like the new phones do. Surfing via the bridge, even on bloated Crackberry, is actually enjoyable now and everything is much more responsive. If you've been holding out the upgrade is worth it.
    redantz likes this.
    10-14-11 12:55 PM
    My dislike is bitter sweet. I like the swiping gestures, but I dislike the how every time I clean my screen it turns on the PB. I'm always afraid I'm going to move some icons around or delete them by mistake!
    10-14-11 12:55 PM
    The question was - "What do you dislike about your Playbook", not "what do you dislike about yourself?". - stay on topic please.
    This sounds like a personal attack...Blackjack, I thought you weren't coming back on these forums until OS 2.0 was released?
    10-14-11 12:59 PM
    The only thing I dislike about my PB is that it seems to have attracted users who are illiterate and who cry about it not being able to spell for them ;P
    ScoobsDM likes this.
    10-14-11 01:29 PM
    You can't copy them natively but there are apps in AppWorld that let you do this (not with notes though)

I dislike that we can't copy files from our BB to the PB over Bridge. I have lots of docs and notes that I'd like to have saved directly on the PB.
    10-14-11 01:38 PM
    lack of an im client
    and lack of a ssh client.
    10-14-11 01:42 PM
    I dislike how you have to swipe down to bring up the browser tabs. i would've preferred something like Androids visible tabs.

With that said, i dislike how i cant just close a browser tab with some sort of swiping gesture. i have to pull down the tabs then use the very tip of fingers to tap on the "x" icon to close a browser tab. And sometimes i have to tap a few times for it to close - so annoying!
    peter9477 likes this.
    10-14-11 01:48 PM
    That I have to be a marketing rep for PB; I'm constantly selling it to people. That's BB's job!

Seriously, I haven't see a PB commercial in ages!
    10-14-11 01:50 PM
    Unless I'm thinking about something different, the PB does have that feature.
    ^^That's correct, it does access your BB's SD card, but I've seen some other CB posts from folks who were also having trouble seeing the SD card over Bridge. Maybe it's just a spotty problem here and there.
    10-14-11 01:53 PM
    I dislike how you have to swipe down to bring up the browser tabs. i would've preferred something like Androids visible tabs.

With that said, i dislike how i cant just close a browser tab with some sort of swiping gesture. i have to pull down the tabs then use the very tip of fingers to tap on the "x" icon to close a browser tab. And sometimes i have to tap a few times for it to close - so annoying!
    Totally! My instinct, well-honed by using the Navigator (home screen) to close apps by sliding them up, is to swipe those tabs up too. Definitely a usability issue that we have to target that little X. Sometimes it can take me 5s to find the sweet spot, jabbing away in frustration.
    ekafara likes this.
    10-14-11 01:55 PM
    that I don't have yahoo messenger.
    I hadn't looked into this yet since I've only had my PB a couple weeks, but I do periodically use YM on my phone and desktop, and was looking forward to using it on my PB with the front camera for video chat with my family . . . so is YM not available/supported on PBs? I hope not, but I don't doubt it unfortunately.
    10-14-11 01:55 PM
    I wish the PB's keyboard functioned exactly like my BB's keyboard so it more intuitively knows to go back to letters after using an apostrophe (and other similar reversions), and so the @, ? and other commonly used symbols were more readily available without switching keyboard screens, and that autotext picked up and used my settings and customizations from my Bold.

Also, as another poster said, the On/Off button is ridiculous.

My running list of things I'm hoping OS2 will address/fix is rather long, but I'm still loving using this thing. Every day I learn more about it, get more functionality out of it and enjoy using it even more. So if 2.0 is as good of an update as everyone is hoping for then the PB will be a home run and I'll be even more glad that I bought it at a discount a couple weeks ago.
    10-14-11 02:10 PM
    This sounds like a personal attack...Blackjack, I thought you weren't coming back on these forums until OS 2.0 was released?

I decided that would make too many people happy that I don't wish to be happy. Plus the moderators are doing a far better job of enforcing the trolling rules against playbook haters..

So I modified my ban to AFTER devcon since I know that 2.0 still won't be good enough, not released soon enough, bla bla bla waaaaa....

How is it a personal attack to point out how someone is deviating from the topic?
    10-14-11 02:25 PM
    My dislike is bitter sweet. I like the swiping gestures, but I dislike the how every time I clean my screen it turns on the PB. I'm always afraid I'm going to move some icons around or delete them by mistake!
    That kind of bugs me too, but overridden by the convenience of turning it on that way.
    You can always clean it without going bezel to bezel or shut it down first...
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-14-11 02:30 PM
    Not sure how this thread is a different topic than:

Suggestions to RIM for Playbook improvement
    http://forums.crackberry.com/newrepl...reply&t=608177

Just the obligatory negative slant and a counter to:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...aybook-659432/

I suppose.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 10-14-11 at 02:38 PM.
    10-14-11 02:33 PM
237 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD