My Playbook was stolen (well, "surrendered" to TSA, but let's not go there).
    I have changed the passwords for all of the accounts that were active on the device, but I am wondering if there is some way to register the BBID as stolen so whoever gets it cannot use Blackberry World.
    11-02-15 04:17 PM
    No.... let's go there!

Anyway you can call BlackBerry directly on the PlayBook (if PlayBook support is still open this long after the last tablet was made) and see if they can do this.
    masterscarhead1 and DaDaDogg like this.
    11-02-15 04:44 PM
    Is it wrong that the first thought that came to mind was they were doing you a favor...I still use my PlayBook from time to time but I moved to a sub $100 Windows Tablet with lower specs that performs better. I do hope you are able to get your issues revolved though...but good luck with TSA...

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 04:56 PM
    rjkolo, your thought is not wrong. I still have another, smaller Playbook, but I also went out and got a new Kindle Fire. It does not have the solid feel or elegant software of the PB (I keep trying to swipe to turn it on), but there is a lot of nice software available, and installing software or moving data to and from it is a dream compared to the PB.
    11-04-15 01:29 PM
    What if you reset the BBID password? It won't be able to autologon to BB World.
    https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/...coverpassword/

Then you can keep using your BBID on other BB devices.
    11-04-15 04:08 PM
    Thanks. Pretty stupid of me not to have thought of that.
    11-05-15 09:19 AM
    If you have the PB's pin number- it should be on the box it came in- you can call Blackberry and they can blacklist it.
    11-05-15 10:47 AM
    Now someone is going to get a Bogus PB at the TSA Auction ) :

I'm assuming that the OP couldn't turn on his PB because it wasn't charge, then the TSA Has the right to confiscate it.
    11-05-15 11:24 AM
    Don't assume. The unit was fully charged. The TSA person could not figure out how to turn it on. I was in the X-Ray area and could not show him. They tossed the unit without even telling me. I was in a hurry and did not notice it was gone until too late.
    11-05-15 11:35 AM
    Don't assume. The unit was fully charged. The TSA person could not figure out how to turn it on. I was in the X-Ray area and could not show him. They tossed the unit without even telling me. I was in a hurry and did not notice it was gone until too late.
    This story does not compute. TSA can't "toss" out peoples belongings without advising them. That would be tantamount to theft by their employee. If they seized it you also would have been advised.

I'm not saying someone didn't steal it (TSA or other employee) but they certainly didn't toss it out.
    andy957 likes this.
    11-05-15 11:43 AM
    Maybe in theory they can't just 'toss' something but they can and have. There have been many reports over the yrs of them and HLS doing things that were not mandated. And what can ya do ... to rectify, miss your flight when attempting a bit of corrective/pushback !?
    11-07-15 01:50 PM
    @dunt & @pacoman03: I found the link on Blackberry's website for Playbook general support. I submitted a trouble ticket, and after a few email exchanges they sent me a form to complete to register the Playbook as lost/stolen so that it is no longer eligible for any Blackberry services. So that should be the end of that.
    11-11-15 09:41 AM
    Holy crap one time on my way to Mexico I had brought a full jug of 64 oz of laundry detergent valued at 8 dollars and they were so concerned about throwing it away. Asking if someone was still at the airport I could give it to or whatever. That was such a crazy mistake on my part. I'd known the rules and I have no idea what I was thinking. I think at the last minute I threw it in my backpack instead of the checked luggage.

I don't think what they did to you was proper, maybe a bad TSA employee just wanted a tablet and outright stole it. But even when you can't turn devices on anymore they tell you exactly what is happening to your property. You have the option of missing your flight and going somewhere to charge it up.

What happened to you is not right even if it's a outdated PlayBook. That guy had to be an ***** to not turn the thing on. But when they took my property I was right next to them when they did it. So even if it was my PlayBook they would have allowed me to turn it on.

Hell I've had to endure Israeli security before and even they weren't that big of an *******.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2789 / T-Mobile USA
    11-11-15 02:12 PM