What is the difference between these two PBs? Can someone elaborate?
    03-19-13 09:16 PM
    Processor speed- 1.5 Ghz vs 1.0 Ghz, and cellular radio vs none. Plus, I think LTE is only available in 32 GB version, wifi in 16, 32, and 64 GB.
    bambinoitaliano likes this.
    03-19-13 09:24 PM
    LTE Convenience,

Not needing to connect to a BlackBerry device to surf. (bridge)

No need to worry about being connected to a wifi account to surf.

There are pluses to having an LTE PB In the corporate enviro (a few of which are a no no with IT Peeps....hehehe)

LTE Drawback,

Faster battery drain

Waiting for carrier updates SUCK!!!!

I could go into the extra costs for an LTE PB, but those very GREATLY depending on what country you live in and thus what carriers you are forced to live with.

For what it's worth, even with my Zed10, I still love my LTE PB daily. It still goes everywhere with me.

Did I mention waiting for carriers to release updates suck balls!!

Posted from the CB App on my White Zed 10
    03-19-13 10:50 PM
    What is the difference between these two PBs? Can someone elaborate?
    The letters 'LTE' of course.

Please forgive me. Very very sorry for that but it was just too hard to resist.
    03-20-13 12:30 PM
    Another drawback to LTE is the crazy prices for data plans.
    03-23-13 03:59 PM
    [QUOTE=GeneralHerzog;8156584]LTE Convenience,

_______

If that's the case I can hardly wait to get my hands on another PB, the LTE version. But wait! Does one still have to purchase a data plan?
    03-25-13 12:15 AM
    LTE Convenience,
    If that's the case I can hardly wait to get my hands on another PB, the LTE version. But wait! Does one still have to purchase a data plan?
    I think that's the downfall of the LTE model, to my mind. Yes, I can see some minor advantages in having it native to the device, but when the WiFi PlayBook provides several native tethering options it sort of takes the thrust out of it for the 3G or LTE models - especially as that comes at a cost of a one-size-fits all storage option (32G) - there must surely be a glut of 64G owners due to the price-crash for the PlayBook.

On the flipside, slightly updated chipseet on the LTE model, running at a notable increase in clock speed - but then no extra RAM, plus there's the price differences to consider.
    03-25-13 03:44 AM
    I love my LTE version can browse anywhere my mobile provider is without having to bridge.
    I love the fact that I can share my 5gb data plan without issues.
    I paid $99.00 for it BRAND NEW through my provider well on a contract, total will be $250.00 after all said and done.
    03-25-13 03:57 AM
    Let's get this straight:
    PB LTE can go wireless (meaning you don't have to be near a hot spot or need a router) but you need a data plan. I say bummer!. Why? because you pay for a data plan. With my older PB I just go to a hot spot, say the local library or buy a $69 router and surf the internet all I want. Or if I have Bridge, I surf for free. Point is, I do not want to pay for a data plan if I can avoid it without too much inconvenience.

And oh, PB LTE cost, what? $599-$621 for a 32 Gb tablet. I have a 64 Gb PB for which I paid $199. Slower, yes, but I can live with that.

If I am wrong with the assumption I made on the first line correct me.
    03-25-13 05:34 PM
    Let's get this straight:
    PB LTE can go wireless (meaning you don't have to be near a hot spot or need a router) but you need a data plan. I say bummer!. Why? because you pay for a data plan. With my older PB I just go to a hot spot, say the local library or buy a $69 router and surf the internet all I want. Or if I have Bridge, I surf for free. Point is, I do not want to pay for a data plan if I can avoid it without too much inconvenience.

And oh, PB LTE cost, what? $599-$621 for a 32 Gb tablet. I have a 64 Gb PB for which I paid $199. Slower, yes, but I can live with that.

If I am wrong with the assumption I made on the first line correct me.
    My 32gb cost me 99.00 on 3yr contract.

The plan is 17.00 a month and it's shared with my existing 5gb data plan for my z10.

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    03-25-13 06:53 PM
    Doesn't the LTE model also have NFC?

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 08:41 PM
    OK so you pay $17 extra for a data plan to cover the PB LTE. That's like a $711 price for the LTE after 3 years.
    03-25-13 11:36 PM
    Doesn't the LTE model also have NFC?

Posted via CB10
    Indeed it does, though I don't think PBOS supports it. It'll most likely work with BB10.
    03-26-13 01:36 AM
    In general, I upgraded my old WiFi only PB to LTE (Rogers) partially because of CPU and partially because of LTE. While I strongly agree with some of the people ranting about OS updates from carriers - I do use daily my PB for book reading or if i need to connect to my PC from anywhere (main use of LTE). Did I mentioned amazing PB mini keyboard?
    03-26-13 12:08 PM
    I wonder how much of a performance boost the faster clock speed gives? At $17 a month extra, that's not a bad deal. And while the PB's battery is not great, it is better than most smartphone batteries, so you are not as closely tied to a recharging source.
    03-27-13 12:35 AM
    I wonder how much of a performance boost the faster clock speed gives? At $17 a month extra, that's not a bad deal. And while the PB's battery is not great, it is better than most smartphone batteries, so you are not as closely tied to a recharging source.
    Something just popped into my aging brain... Someone correct me if I'm wrong - do I recall that they also shrunk the battery size in the lte unit?
    03-27-13 09:13 AM
    waiting for carriers to release updates
    Yeah, that's one of the (many) reasons I ditched my Android phone - I waited a long time for an OS upgrade, and it never came. Apparently I was supposed to buy a new phone instead, but I'm sure this wouldn't be the case here..
    03-27-13 09:16 AM