It's time for the silent majority to speak up! warning: nothing but positivity here!

We're on a forum discussing PlayBooks so let's discuss them! I've had mine for a week now and it's been nothing short of a blast!

The number one top feature for me is the WOW-factor of it. Everyone who's seen it is impressed by the screen, the UI&OS and the simple fact that it's portable! (which means I get to show it off to more people )

Remember the pre April 19th time on this forum?? We were all excited about finding out all the future options and functions, discussing every small rumour in the greatest detail. Well, we can still do this, and the best part is: We're doing it from our PlayBooks

So let's count our blessings and enjoy our PlayBooks! And ignore the trolls
    06-12-11 04:33 PM
    Agreed - I can't find the button to thank you.
    gordongr likes this.
    06-12-11 04:43 PM
    Having owned a BlackBerry PlayBook technically since pre-ordered on April 17, 2011, although it was not delivered until April 29,2011, the device has a lot of potential both in the present and the future. Sure there have been a few disappointments with a couple of applications (Adobe Reader and Kobo Reader). However, between the bridge-mode functionality especially for email and on-the-go web browsing and the high-definition video playback of videos and streaming media from a variety of websites the BlackBerry PlayBook should not be underestimated. Hopefully,an increasing number of high-quality applications will eventually arrive in the BlackBerry AppWorld.
    06-12-11 04:44 PM
    True that. If you ignore the troll posts and dont respond there would be fewer. Even hardcore impatient bb users seem to be trolling because they are disgruntled want an iplaybook or whatever their expectations are. I know some very basic things were left out but good grief stop whining. Go kiss a girl or something. We dont need expert half page posts on what we already know. Even if you work in IT.
    06-12-11 04:49 PM
    True that. If you ignore the troll posts and dont respond there would be fewer. Even hardcore impatient bb users seem to be trolling because they are disgruntled want an iplaybook or whatever their expectations are. I know some very basic things were left out but good grief stop whining. Go kiss a girl or something. We dont need expert half page posts on what we already know. Even if you work in IT.
    I work in IT And I wholeheartedly agree with RIMs development approach.

First the architecture is set up and the own bb customers are served (bridge) Now that the roots are in place its easy as pie to deliver updates and improvements to the software. They probably use agile task&test driven iterations of up to 2 weeks frequency, where 2 weeks is the potential, not the promise!

Really the bb/pb user wins three times: free 3G, free updates, and no need to buy a new device after 10 months bc the hardware is outdated!
    06-12-11 05:16 PM
    I pre-ordered mine in early April, got it on the 19th and have loved it ever since. I don't understand a lot of the negativity. Every day the device gets stronger and I'm excited about what the future will hold. I haven't taken my laptop out of my house since aVNC was released. The Playbook has taken my portable computing experience to a whole new level.. I love mine..
    06-12-11 05:29 PM
    Loving mine. The latest update has really improved flash movies, bridge browser on the train watching youtube? Loving it!

Train stops I put the thing in my jacket pocket! Portable!

Great Device? You Bet!
    06-12-11 05:34 PM
    i dream every night that kevin is out doing to the trolls.
    06-12-11 05:39 PM
    i use to work in IT as well. we made software that tested other software....imagine that ......this extended from java to C/++, to AJAX. long story short, even we couldn't release a fix without it messed up something else, somethings something so unrelated to the fix that we'd all be scratching our heads. we had a policy that every piece of code had to be accompanied with a test suite testing its functionality. nightly tests would run all the test cases, and we'd come back in the morning and fix the problems. sometimes the error ranged in the hundreds. even then....people make mistakes, and made test cases that would always pass, or didnt consider making an important test case, worse yet, an automated test case was not feasible. so newly introduced bugs were a hard to find even with strict coding and testing standards. it alway took a while before we could get our software to fully accept a fix/new feature.

i feel for rim and every other development company in these aspects of the game.
    Spawn12, bquinney, pkcable and 2 others like this.
    06-12-11 05:50 PM
    i am gonna keep this short. I've had my pb since day 1 love it havent put it down once. Def a great device the haters def havent used the pb for more than 2 min because everyone whos seen mine has loved it and dropped their ipads and zooms. great device and good to see positive posts.
    06-12-11 06:03 PM
    i dream every night that kevin is out doing to the trolls.
    LMAO

Good one.
    06-12-11 06:29 PM
    Wow 20 times thanked! Looks like there still is a lot of positivity and spirit here!

Its freakin awesome to type this reply halfway, swipe from the right bezel, check facebook, swipe back and continue typing!

Now I'm downloading Beats Brainwave Entrainment, did anyone try this out yet?

Multitasking... gotta love it!
    06-13-11 05:26 AM
    I want to say thanks in a special way.......

Dank u!
    omgitsalive likes this.
    06-13-11 10:02 AM
    a fantastic device.., and getting better and better..i have purchased one for my wife..she loves it too. Ipad 2 is good, but i think playbook is better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-11 10:24 AM
    I work in IT And I wholeheartedly agree with RIMs development approach.

First the architecture is set up and the own bb customers are served (bridge) Now that the roots are in place its easy as pie to deliver updates and improvements to the software. They probably use agile task&test driven iterations of up to 2 weeks frequency, where 2 weeks is the potential, not the promise!

Really the bb/pb user wins three times: free 3G, free updates, and no need to buy a new device after 10 months bc the hardware is outdated!
    I made a comment that never before has 100s of 1000s brand new QNX OS iterations been in the hands of 100s of 1000s monkeys trying to do 1000s of things to it ("monkeying around with it" is how I put it). Someone took offence to being called a "monkey".

I am very impressed at how well the OS has performed under such an onslaught.
    06-13-11 10:43 AM
    I love the playbook and I think RIM has done a fantastic job in such a short amount of time. The OS at launch was more stable than any polished finished OS of a laptop I have ever owned and this is just the beginning. Everyday is like Christmas as I find another great thing about the playbook. I am glad that RIM was bold enough to bring us QNX. This was probably the hardest thing to sell to the shareholders, who would have been happy if the playbook ran android. This gamble to develop a new OS has paid off and RIM has delivered. All the other things that are to come will make it even better.
    06-13-11 11:25 AM
    Have had mine for about a month, bought it from ebay and its a US spec 32gb wifi model...hasnt been released here in the UK yet....think its this week that it will be finally released.

At first i wasnt too sure if i really needed one but getting a nice fat bonus from work...all those graveyard shifts have paid off...i went ahead and ordered one and i have to say other than 2 dead pixels, which arent that annoying...i absolutely freaking love the pb...sure its missing native email and PIM functions but honestly i have my 9780 which takes care of that so dont mind waiting for those to come. So far the recent updates have been fantastic...im getting such awesome battery life, the core functions of the pb are getting better and better as each update comes out.

QNX is such an exciting platform and im hoping that RIM will develop it fully so they can prove all the naysayers wrong....i just hope that RIM doesnt drop the ball on this because theres so much more that can be done i feel.
    06-13-11 12:47 PM
    I do tend to find myself sounding like a commercial for PB every time someone sees me pull it out to email, video, snap photos, etc. then asks me about it while I effortlessly multi-task between screens.

They -->
    Me -->
    06-13-11 01:48 PM
    This is truly an amazing device. The bridge browser works real well, especially after the last update. People who are complaining about not having a native bbm and email. Bbm and email on the bridge works for me, I use the pb more than I use my phone to send bbm's and emails! I guess for those who don't own a blackberry phones that would be an issue. Solution! Get a blackberry phone!

06-13-11 02:04 PM
    This is truly an amazing device. The bridge browser works real well, especially after the last update. People who are complaining about not having a native bbm and email. Bbm and email on the bridge works for me, I use the pb more than I use my phone to send bbm's and emails! I guess for those who don't own a blackberry phones that would be an issue. Solution! Get a blackberry phone!

Can you attach at video to your Bridge email and send the message? I am curious as I am unable to do this...seems like a pretty basic requirement. Would love to know if this works for you?
    06-13-11 02:26 PM
    I want to say thanks in a special way.......

Dank u!
    Awesome Every day people like me do their best to speak English as non-native language. It's very special of you indeed to symbolically return the favour!

Graag gedaan!

PS: Good that there's no autocorrect on your PlayBook It would've screwed up your Dutch!
    pkcable likes this.
    06-13-11 03:13 PM
    I've had my PB now also for a week right now and it's amazing what this thing can do! People are getting a kind of jealous. I need to find some chains for this thing to be save.
    06-17-11 08:02 AM
    I can't thank you enough for this post. People need to stop complaining about their device and start enjoying it.

06-17-11 09:33 AM
    This thing does everything I need it for very well. It just blows away the competition as far as the portability experience goes. No need to wait till Windows boots up etc. In fact - I sold my netbook to help finance my PB purchase. Best move I ever made!
    06-17-11 11:56 AM
    Still loving it!
    08-04-11 02:49 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD