Native browser, Simple Browser is too unreliable for me in its current state, i do use secure browser as my secondary browser, but im pretty happy with Native (except for the saving images glitch).
    04-03-12 04:26 PM
    I'm using the native browser, I sometimes have issues with it closing randomly but that is usually due to insufficient memory so ill close a running app or 2 and just go on trucking.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    04-03-12 04:35 PM
    The native browser. As cbvinh says, your statement that most of us are having problems is probably false. It's more likely that you've gotten that impression because the only ones posting re browser problems are the ones having problems. The rest of us just remain silent on the subject.
    I concur. Although, reading all the "non-crash" responses makes me feel less special now.

Also kinda sad that prospective customers might come to this site and think the browser is unstable when in fact, it isn't.
    04-03-12 05:22 PM
    Native browser as well with a couple crashes every few days. Not so bad as to force me to abandon the browser. I also have simplebrowser free and dolphin browser installed. I use dolphin browser for any android apps wanting to open the browser.
    04-03-12 05:29 PM
    Have a go at Android & Windows Phone: Tablets, Apps, & ROMs @ xda-developers, it crashes for me every time I try. To get to where I need, I have to email the web page to myself. I suppose that will teach me from playing with android OS on BB playbook
    Xda worked perfect for me once I turned javascript off. First time it went poof.
    04-03-12 05:32 PM
    Xda worked perfect for me once I turned javascript off. First time it went poof.
    I can confirm the same result.

Unfortunately for the OP, turning off Javascript disables Forum access, according to the message on the website.

I tried the site on the 9850 with Javascript on and it worked perfectly fine, which means RIM does have the code to implement whatever fix is necessary.

EDIT:

Reported the problem to the official Blackberry Support Forums under the "Re: PlayBook Browser incompatable website list" thread.
    Last edited by cbvinh; 04-03-12 at 06:24 PM.
    04-03-12 06:13 PM
    Never had a browser crash EVER!
    04-03-12 06:17 PM
    Native and Dolphin browser. Like both.
    04-03-12 06:38 PM
    Native browser for me. Think I've had 2 browser "poofs" since I got my pb last September, and those were on content heavy sites.
    04-03-12 07:02 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD