I had an old BB Playbook bundled up which I am now trying to use and see where it can fit in. The one outstanding thing that has struck me about the device is the audio output. Am yet to check headphone output but the default speaker output is of good quality and will fit my casual music/video needs.

I imagined that Bridge would let me see my emails as well as files (music/video) on my Passport here in my Playbook. That does not appear to be the case. Perhaps I am missing something. I did go through the forums with multiple searches and perusing the stickies. Nothing seemed current - at least that is what it appeared to me.

Now, I am able to get and respond/delete SMS messages from my Playbook via the Bridge. I even got to press the 'Answer' button on an incoming call and then had to race to get to my Passport as I did not have any bluetooth device and the call would not come through to the Playbook (such as it would with an iPhone and iPad combination). Correct me if I am wrong here.

But I dont see any of the email accounts I configured on my Passport. It appears redundant for me to setup those email accounts again here on the Playbook. And apart from BBM and Messages there does not seem to be anything else that the Bridge is capable of. Is that right?

Is there any way for the Playbook to play .mkv files or any video files from the Passport?

I am not being critical of an old device. I just want to be sure about what it can and cannot do vis a vis my needs. Must say that the form factor is really nice to hold for many a tireless hour.

Also I was able to configure the device for Youtube (finally). FastYouTube from goodereader works well if you want an app. Also the Origami browser does a good job as long as you go for the mobile version of the site. Only downside being you cannot minimize or switch off the display.

Lastly - is there a working version of the .BAR file for Neutron MP for Playbook? I saw a couple of links that are there on the forum but none of those seem to work. Thanks in advance.
    01-21-20 09:50 AM
    I had an old BB Playbook bundled up which I am now trying to use and see where it can fit in. The one outstanding thing that has struck me about the device is the audio output. Am yet to check headphone output but the default speaker output is of good quality and will fit my casual music/video needs.

I imagined that Bridge would let me see my emails as well as files (music/video) on my Passport here in my Playbook. That does not appear to be the case. Perhaps I am missing something. I did go through the forums with multiple searches and perusing the stickies. Nothing seemed current - at least that is what it appeared to me.

Now, I am able to get and respond/delete SMS messages from my Playbook via the Bridge. I even got to press the 'Answer' button on an incoming call and then had to race to get to my Passport as I did not have any bluetooth device and the call would not come through to the Playbook (such as it would with an iPhone and iPad combination). Correct me if I am wrong here.

But I dont see any of the email accounts I configured on my Passport. It appears redundant for me to setup those email accounts again here on the Playbook. And apart from BBM and Messages there does not seem to be anything else that the Bridge is capable of. Is that right?

Is there any way for the Playbook to play .mkv files or any video files from the Passport?

I am not being critical of an old device. I just want to be sure about what it can and cannot do vis a vis my needs. Must say that the form factor is really nice to hold for many a tireless hour.

Also I was able to configure the device for Youtube (finally). FastYouTube from goodereader works well if you want an app. Also the Origami browser does a good job as long as you go for the mobile version of the site. Only downside being you cannot minimize or switch off the display.

Lastly - is there a working version of the .BAR file for Neutron MP for Playbook? I saw a couple of links that are there on the forum but none of those seem to work. Thanks in advance.
    Wasn’t Bridge intended for use with BBOS hardware?
    01-21-20 10:40 AM
    It is probably better explained somewhere in the depths of the forum, but as I remember the Bridge functionality was reduced either in BB10 from the start or in newer versions of BB10. So, probably SMS and BBM are all that is left. And Passport could be used as a remote bluetooth pad/keyboard for Playbook? I didn't use Bridge for a long time and could forget something.

I do not think that Playbook can play video from an external source. Unless there is some trick. Still, it's a good video player subject there is HDMI cable around.

Music through headphone output sounds great. This is one of the main reasons while I keep my PB.

Youtube - try Stereotube if you can find it. One of the top PB apps for me for many years.

Neutron bar files can be obtained on their site:
    https://neutronmp.com/buy
    But you need to settle the payment somehow. Maybe Neutron developers will respond if you ask them.
    Naimisha likes this.
    01-21-20 02:01 PM
    Above is a good summary. I think it could also show call notifications on the PB. Ahead of its time, I say!
    01-21-20 06:05 PM
    I do not think that Playbook can play video from an external source.
    I do not think that Playbook can play video from an external source.
    Sure it can by using Kalemsoft Media Player. I stream video from my NAS to my PlayBook. Works beautifully.
    01-21-20 07:46 PM
    Thank you everyone. Sterotube cannot be found but I am making do with Origami browser and FastYoutube. It is just that I saw some links to Neutron bar file in the forum. The links seem to have expired. I dont think it is worth buying apps for this hobby device at this point. Wonder If anybody using the Playbook has the bar file for Neutron..That would elevate this to another level.

Pass(ion)Port!
    01-21-20 08:24 PM
    Wonder If anybody using the Playbook has the bar file for Neutron.
    Here you go: https://mega.nz/#!xhZhnKiK!u5XnYOfjB...U_5oPW7IvWdyvE
    01-21-20 09:26 PM
    @brookie229 - thank you but this is the link I tried earlier. It did not work then..it does not work now. Perhaps the link expired? Any other links?
    01-22-20 02:26 AM
    Sure it can by using Kalemsoft Media Player. I stream video from my NAS to my PlayBook. Works beautifully.
    Thanks. I totally forgot about that.
    01-22-20 05:01 AM
    Sterotube cannot be found
    [email protected] - it is mentioned as the developer's contact email in Stereotube. Who knows, maybe he is still reading and able to help...
    Naimisha likes this.
    01-22-20 05:26 AM
    I discovered that this little device makes itself so easily available for wireless file sharing. Almost a decade back they had this configured on Samba share. Great job.

Now if I get Neutron on this...it would be a dream pairing.

Pass(ion)Port!
    01-22-20 07:25 AM
    @brookie229 - thank you but this is the link I tried earlier. It did not work then..it does not work now. Perhaps the link expired? Any other links?
    The link is good but won't work on your BB10 native browser. You will have to use a PC or an android browser such as Kiwi or Fennec on your BB10 device.

Posted via CB10
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    01-22-20 07:58 AM
    The link is good but won't work on your BB10 native browser. You will have to use a PC or an android browser such as Kiwi or Fennec on your BB10 device.

Posted via CB10
    I tried this on my Chromebook. No luck. I think something may have gone wrong with the link. Does it work for you?

Pass(ion)Port!
    01-22-20 08:01 AM
    I tried this on my Chromebook. No luck. I think something may have gone wrong with the link. Does it work for you?

Pass(ion)Port!
    Yes just tried it and works fine. I downloaded the bar onto my Passport using the Kiwi browser.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-20 08:12 AM
    This is strange and frustrating. Geofencing you think?

Pass(ion)Port!
    01-22-20 09:44 AM
    Yes just tried it and works fine. I downloaded the bar onto my Passport using the Kiwi browser.

Posted via CB10
    Still does not work for me on the Chromebook...

Pass(ion)Port!
    01-22-20 09:45 AM

Pass(ion)Port!
    Have you got an android browser on your BB10 device? If you cannot find a PC, try Kiwi on your Passport. But you are perhaps correct with the Geography problem.
    01-22-20 09:55 AM

Pass(ion)Port!
    If you PM me with an email address I can give you a DropBox link.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    01-22-20 10:02 AM
    Just did @brookie229. Thank you...
    01-22-20 07:14 PM
    Just did @brookie229. Thank you...
    Sent - enjoy!
    01-22-20 07:32 PM
    Simply by virtue of the svelte form factor and outstanding sound the Playbook is becoming a decent media consumption tool...in 2020!

I got Kindle configured on it yesterday and was able to pick up on reading my books there. There is however an annoying flicker everytime I scroll or touch it which is a little offputting only when reading. No such issues when streaming videos or even Youtube. Has anyone else encountered this flicker? Any quick solutions? Its almost as if the system is switching to night mode and back..constantly on touch.

Pass(ion)Port!
    01-23-20 08:39 AM
    Simply by virtue of the svelte form factor and outstanding sound the Playbook is becoming a decent media consumption tool...in 2020!

I got Kindle configured on it yesterday and was able to pick up on reading my books there. There is however an annoying flicker everytime I scroll or touch it which is a little offputting only when reading. No such issues when streaming videos or even Youtube. Has anyone else encountered this flicker? Any quick solutions? Its almost as if the system is switching to night mode and back..constantly on touch.

Pass(ion)Port!
    Under Settings/Screen make sure Automatic Backlight Dimming is "ON".
    Also under General try Application Behavior in "Showcase" mode.
    01-23-20 09:18 AM
    It isn't redundant to set up the email account again on the playbook, it still syncs well with IMAP servers. What you do on one device will be updated on the other. What email service are you using?

Posted via CB10
    01-27-20 04:16 PM
    It isn't redundant to set up the email account again on the playbook, it still syncs well with IMAP servers. What you do on one device will be updated on the other. What email service are you using?

Posted via CB10
    How is setting it up again on the Playbook not redundant? Google, Disroot and Live are my email services.

Pass(ion)Port!
    01-31-20 01:07 AM
    Under Settings/Screen make sure Automatic Backlight Dimming is "ON".
    Also under General try Application Behavior in "Showcase" mode.
    Yes to both. There is still that annoying flicker. Its like night mode gets flicked on and off on every touch.

Pass(ion)Port!
    01-31-20 01:08 AM
32 12