As title states, looking at trying the Playbook again, but having trouble finding stores who sell it. I'm no good at waiting on shipping when I want something.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    01-06-13 07:21 PM
    Where do you live?
    01-06-13 07:26 PM
    Where do you live?
    Virginia

01-06-13 07:28 PM
    As title states, looking at trying the Playbook again, but having trouble finding stores who sell it. I'm no good at waiting on shipping when I want something.

Thanks in advance

Hope this does not seem intrusive but what made you decide to come back to the Playbook, the future BB10 coming for it?

No need to answer if you don't want, welcome back anyway.
    01-06-13 07:40 PM
    Hope this does not seem intrusive but what made you decide to come back to the Playbook, the future BB10 coming for it?

No need to answer if you don't want, welcome back anyway.
    I have no problem answering. I just like technology and like to try different OS's from time to time. I'm really trying to break my addiction to Android to be honest...Haha. I had the 9930 for a few weeks a while ago, but just couldn't do the small screen...the build quality however was probably the best of any phone I've ever owned. I also tried the Playbook a while back, but it just seemed incomplete and a little slow. From what I've read lately it looks as though updates have really brought the tablet to life. For $170 I figured I'd jump back in for another try.

01-06-13 07:50 PM
    I have no problem answering. I just like technology and like to try different OS's from time to time. I'm really trying to break my addiction to Android to be honest...Haha. I had the 9930 for a few weeks a while ago, but just couldn't do the small screen...the build quality however was probably the best of any phone I've ever owned. I also tried the Playbook a while back, but it just seemed incomplete and a little slow. From what I've read lately it looks as though updates have really brought the tablet to life. For $170 I figured I'd jump back in for another try.

PlayBook is great... I have 6 in my extended family and everyone loves it. I found most of mine online....either at Amazon or shopblackberry.com (if the site is back up yet).
    01-06-13 07:58 PM
    PlayBook is great... I have 6 in my extended family and everyone loves it. I found most of mine online....either at Amazon or shopblackberry.com (if the site is back up yet).
    Appreciate that, however like I said, I'm looking for a store I can go pick one up tomorrow. It's either that or Nexus 7.

01-06-13 08:00 PM

I can't say enough good things about the Playbook, bottom line though is for the $$ you get a lot.

Hope to join you in celebrating Jan 30 2013
    01-06-13 08:02 PM
    I live in Georgia and the only store I found the PlayBook in was RadioShack (NO accessories). They had two 16gb at.......$499 each (yes you read right). I laughed and walked out of the store. Best bet, Amazon $172 with free 2 day shipping (prime 30 day free trial) for a 32gb PlayBook.
    mnhockeycoach99 likes this.
    01-06-13 08:13 PM
    Wally World?
    01-06-13 08:54 PM
    is it really that hard to find them in the states? where i live in Ontario, every electronic store cares them.
    01-06-13 10:25 PM
    Walmart has them in stock here in Calgary, Canada.

I just picked up 3 64Gb's for $168 each. They honoured a raincheck from boxing day. And they had quite a few in stock, plus a good set of accessories.

it was the Calgary NW Royal Oak location.
    01-06-13 11:13 PM
    is it really that hard to find them in the states? where i live in Ontario, every electronic store cares them.
    really? the best buy i work at in the GTA, along with the rest of the stores in the area don't have any 16 or 32gig versions with no signs of them being replenished anytime soon if at all.
    01-07-13 12:08 AM
    Amazon (US) has all three sizes available for two day prime shipping. 32 GB at $170. Isn't that quick enough? Walmart shows out.
    01-07-13 01:13 AM
    Amazon (US) has all three sizes available for two day prime shipping. 32 GB at $170. Isn't that quick enough? Walmart shows out.
    Man, I'm in the US...don't you know we have no patience down here?...lol

01-07-13 07:25 AM
    In Iowa, no stores carry it now. There was a last flurry at office depot back in November. I got mine back in the summer from ebay. Amazon would be the best way to go.
    01-07-13 07:30 AM
    Man, I'm in the US...don't you know we have no patience down here?...lol

I hear you but there's an old, enduring saying...."patience is a virtue". There's a reason that saying is still used - it's true. Think of it this way. If you ordered it from Amazon when you first asked your question, you'd be about a day away from getting your device. As it sounds like PlayBooks are not readily available in stores, the Amazon route sounds like the best approach.
    PatrickMJS and Admorris like this.
    01-07-13 08:48 AM
    Appreciate that, however like I said, I'm looking for a store I can go pick one up tomorrow. It's either that or Nexus 7.

Amazon Prime offers 1 day shipping for an additional $3.99 per item or free 2 day shipping.. While I'm not trying to push Amazon or Amazon Prime, it sounds like it is pretty much your only option. Good luck with your search.... :-)
    Admorris likes this.
    01-07-13 12:14 PM