I sometimes nee to transfer a file from my PB to my wife's. Let's say it is an ebook. I have Ghost Commander and Files&Folders. They have a send to function, but it doesn't work - says it is is not set up to use the mail pgm (or something like that). I have attached the file to an email and that works depending on file size. is there a better way that email? I have dropbox, but couldn't see how to create a link using GC or F&F.

One an email gets to my wifes PB, she cam open it but there is no option to choose where to save it. Seems it goes into the downloads folder. Bookreader for ePub has a feature to Get books, so I direct it to the downloaded file.

I sort of worked through this, but wondered if others have a slick way of moving files.
    04-10-16 08:17 PM
    I don't have two Playbooks to test this, but I'm guessing that you can directly transfer files using the Windows Share function of Ghost Commander. I can access and transfer files to and from my Playbook using Ghost on my android phone, so it should/might work with two Playbooks. In Ghost, tap on Windows share on its homescreen, then put the ip address of the other Playbook in the server box, then click OK. If you get a hit, then navigate to the file(s) you want to transfer and copy them to the other Playbook.
    04-10-16 10:35 PM
    You should be able to transfer files directly between a PB running Open Explorer (BlackBerry World) and another PB on the same WiFi network which has File Sharing enabled.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-16 03:45 PM
    I tried that with GC, but it did not work. Maybe I put IP address in wrong place or it needed a different type of address? Message said something to that effect. Will have to try it again. I opened Wifi on PB and used the IP that it displayed. Is that the correct one? Where should it be put on the Windows Share screen?

Found this on Crackberry: http://emtunc.org/blog/02/2012/brows...-the-playbook/
    I guess I need to know the username and password for the Playbook. is that the Playbook Blackberry ID?? Or what do I enter for those fields?
    Last edited by kwelamnp; 04-11-16 at 04:08 PM.
    04-11-16 03:56 PM
    You should be able to transfer files directly between a PB running Open Explorer (BlackBerry World) and another PB on the same WiFi network which has File Sharing enabled.

Posted via CB10
    File sharing enabled? I know how to do that on Windows, but how do I do that on PB? Will check out Open Explorer. Sounds like a good option.
    04-11-16 03:59 PM
    I tried that with GC, but it did not work. Maybe I put IP address in wrong place or it needed a different type of address?
    The PB ip address can be found in Settings, About, then Network from the dropdown menu. It'll be the IPv4 entry (ignore any grayed out numbers). Put this into Ghost in the Windows Share "Server" box. Also, make sure wifi file sharing is turned on in both PBs in Settings, Storage and Sharing. .If that doesn't work, and you have an android phone, you should be able to transfer files from PB to PB using Ghost or ES File Manager or X-Plore file manager on your phone (X-Plore is probably the best/easiest for this function)..
    04-11-16 04:43 PM
    File sharing enabled? I know how to do that on Windows, but how do I do that on PB? Will check out Open Explorer. Sounds like a good option.
    There should be a Help icon on the PB home screen. Review that to learn how to access System Settings and from there the Storage and Security settings. You might also find the Discover Now! 2.0 app in BB World to be enlightening.
    04-12-16 02:04 PM
    One thing to check is to see if you can ping the PB's to each other. Many routers are set to not allow this. If you can't ping from one to the other, you should check the router setting for something like "discoverable " and set it to allow.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-16 09:06 PM
    Have you tried Dukto? Need to check if it is still in BlackBerry World but that should work. At least it certainly did for PC to Playbook.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-16 05:50 PM
    Have you tried Dukto? Need to check if it is still in BlackBerry World but that should work. At least it certainly did for PC to Playbook.

Posted via CB10
    Dukto ver r5 works well in the Playbook but it is VERY hard to find. In fact, I have just looked for it and come up empty. It used to be available thru xsacha's website (qtness, I believe), but nowhere to be found now. I have the .bar file and am able to email it to whomever would want it. Just pm me. The app works well but UI improvements and orientation could have been improved. The BB10 version is in BBW. I use the app to transfer files between my Playbook, z10 and Passport.
    04-17-16 06:39 PM
    Thanks for all the input. I did try using Ghost, but although it seemed it should have worked, I didn't find the file on the second PB. In GC, the box that come up asks for several inputs. IP I entered, but then there was a username and password. I had set a password for sharing. Is that what I should enter? And then what is the username for a PB?

I checked Dukto and found same thing that PB version was no longer there. Sideloading I have never done, so seeing I was able to transfer the files I needed as email attachments, perhaps that is all I need to do. But when I have some time, I should try and get the network transfer to work.
    04-18-16 10:30 AM
    For a user name, try "playbook" (without quotes). See under settings/Storage and Sharing/Network ID/Properties. Use your wifi sharing password, and see if that works.
    04-18-16 04:35 PM
    For a user name, try "playbook" (without quotes). See under settings/Storage and Sharing/Network ID/Properties. Use your wifi sharing password, and see if that works.
    I did try using playbook (as well as playbook1 & 2 which is what I called them). I set a sharing password and used that. But each time, all I got was an error message. This was when using GC to do the transfer. Looks like it wants to link with a Windows machine. And that machine may need some additional software. Not mission critical at present, but I might try some other ideas.
    04-19-16 08:16 PM
    Just to conclude this. I was able to do the transfers by wifi between PBs with no PC using GC and windows share. For some reason, it worked when I eliminated the sharing password. I just put in the IP and I think Playbook for the username (not sure if that was needed).

Thanks for all the input.
    04-20-16 08:22 PM