I've noticed that my battery life seems to be dropping faster than it used to.....I have also seen several posts about battery failure.......what is the average life expectancy of the playbooks battery? Three years?.....still lasts quite a long time ( used to drop to about 80% after about 2hours of consistent use......now drops to about 60%).....I received mine from my daughter a little over three years ago (one of my best Christmas gifts!!!)
    Carl Estes likes this.
    01-29-14 11:40 AM
    I've noticed that my battery life seems to be dropping faster than it used to.....I have also seen several posts about battery failure.......what is the average life expectancy of the playbooks battery? Three years?.....still lasts quite a long time ( used to drop to about 80% after about 2hours of consistent use......now drops to about 60%).....I received mine from my daughter a little over three years ago (one of my best Christmas gifts!!!)
    I imagine it depends on a lot of factors like how often it's charged, for how long, how many times has it run dead and on and on. I haven't looked for awhile but I think if we get 3 years life out of it that's pretty good.

My pb has been charged daily for almost 3 years now and still doing OK.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    01-29-14 11:45 AM
    Get Battery Guru from app world and see what your battery health is. Get Advanced App Manager from app world and see what is running particularly Android based apps. Life expectancy and cycle time between charges are somewhat related but the latter depends on use. See the Battery Charge icon under help for tips on extending cycle time.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    01-29-14 12:26 PM
    As others have said, battery life depends on many factors. Number of charges, how long on charger, how often it has been run completely dead, heat, vibration, load, etc. I generally get from 2 to 5 years of life on these types of batteries. YMMV.
    01-29-14 02:01 PM
    As others have said, battery life depends on many factors. Number of charges, how long on charger, how often it has been run completely dead, heat, vibration, load, etc. I generally get from 2 to 5 years of life on these types of batteries. YMMV.
    Correct however with good care more than two years approaching the five should be gotten. While sudden failures can occur one would expect the wearing out would show in decline of battery health until the battery becomes too weak to be useful. Thus the app Battery Guru is useful to find out where your PB is in the battery life span.
    01-29-14 06:49 PM