All this bashing of Rim and negative press. I thought i will post something positive. Well written commentary. It points out Playbook strong features.

[David Strom's Web Informant] May 9, 2011: What Apple can learn from the RIM Playbook
    12-06-11 11:36 AM
    This is driving me nuts, the reason the power button is so flush is because you don't actually need it.

To put it in sleep/stand by, use the battery icon on the screen. To wake up the Playbook, just do a simple swipe from one bezel to the other. Much easier to use then fumbling around for a power button (which is so last century anyway).
    12-06-11 12:12 PM
    Apple can learn what NOT to do....
    Shlooky likes this.
    12-06-11 12:19 PM
    This is driving me nuts, the reason the power button is so flush is because you don't actually need it.

To put it in sleep/stand by, use the battery icon on the screen. To wake up the Playbook, just do a simple swipe from one bezel to the other. Much easier to use then fumbling around for a power button (which is so last century anyway).
    Keep in mind this article is from May. Back then, I don't think you were able to press on the battery icon. This came in a later software update. But I agree with you, I have large fingers and I have no problems whatsoever with the power button. Some people like to find faults with things.
    12-06-11 12:21 PM
    ^^^LMAO.

What Apple can learn from Rim...NOTHING.
    12-06-11 12:21 PM
    ^^^LMAO.

Actually they can learn a lot. For example, you don't need the best devices out there, just advertise the **** out of it. Apple's marketing department budget is where all their profits go, not R&D.

Another thing they could learn is don't dismiss stuff to quickly (like RIM did when the iPhone first came out).
    jamesbondOO7 likes this.
    12-06-11 12:25 PM
    1) You obviously did not read the article and by commenting on an article you did not read proves you're a moron.

2) After using Apple's products, I learned that they're NOT for me. Compared to the BlackBerry Tablet OS, iOS is very limited and cumbersome. You must like limited and cumbersome.
    jamesbondOO7 likes this.
    12-06-11 12:26 PM

I agree. The only time I have used the power button is to quickly lock the screen (but I think you can do that through software too) and to force a reboot.
    12-06-11 12:27 PM
    Ah! the power button being too small! Who the frigging cares? You don't have to use it.
    Well, I suppose that when you have only that to complain about, it means it is a pretty close to perfect product.
    12-06-11 12:28 PM
    1) You obviously did not read the article and by commenting on an article you did not read proves you're a moron.

2) After using Apple's products, I learned that they're NOT for me. Compared to the BlackBerry Tablet OS, iOS is very limited and cumbersome. You must like limited and cumbersome.

Why would I read an article from May? Also, please refrain from personal attacks. The Playbook has failed because it is not a competitive, that is a fact.
    Last edited by RCCollins; 12-06-11 at 12:38 PM.
    12-06-11 12:32 PM
    ^^^LMAO.

Gee - and yet it's Apple, along with Google that have approached Rim to do their security. Curious if Apple has nothing to learn.
    12-06-11 12:34 PM
    Why would I read an article from May? Also, lease refrain from personal attacks. The Playbook has failed because it is not a competitive, that is a fact.
    You clearly don't have one and you clearly don't know what you're talking about. You look very foolish, especially after admitting you did not even read the article that the OP is discussing. This makes you a fool.

If you come here to bash the product that people here love and spent their hard earned money to buy, then I, as well as others, have the right to bash you for your stupidity.
    erhan8 likes this.
    12-06-11 12:39 PM
    Why would I read an article from May? Also, please refrain from personal attacks. The Playbook has failed because it is not a competitive, that is a fact.
    ...Not a competitive what? If you're trying to say it's not a competitive tablet, tell that to many people who have tried/tested other tablets and still went with buying a PB with more than satisfactory results. That sounds a bit competitive to me.
    kbz1960, erhan8 and anindoc like this.
    12-06-11 12:41 PM
    You are someone whom we call as 'trolls'.

Do you even own a PB to make smart comments about it, and come to this blatant conclusion that its not competitive. You state its a fact...... facts needs a backing up, you have some to data to back your claims, lets see it then. If not then stay out from the PB forums...... you won't stand a chance.
    12-06-11 12:47 PM
    ...Not a competitive what? If you're trying to say it's not a competitive tablet, tell that to many people who have tried/tested other tablets and still went with buying a PB with more than satisfactory results. That sounds a bit competitive to me.
    It was not competitive at it's own price point for 6 months out from it's release... It is competitive in the $200 range, yet still incomplete.
    12-06-11 12:48 PM
    You clearly don't have one and you clearly don't know what you're talking about.
    I demoed a Playbook and Torch for work for about 2 months, it was dismissed due to lack of adequate VPN security, lack of features and dismal app selection.

Please read this article:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...forums-655452/
    12-06-11 12:50 PM
    Ok people stand down.
    This is becoming yet another flame war. Instigated by the usual bunch. Can we just stay on topic.

We're talking about what Apple could learn from RIM in reference to this article.
    I think the author is right on the key things Apple can learn from RIM.
    esqlaw likes this.
    12-06-11 12:50 PM
    ^^^LMAO.

12-06-11 12:58 PM
    Gee - and yet it's Apple, along with Google that have approached Rim to do their security. Curious if Apple has nothing to learn.
    They "approached" RIM? Really?

Please explain... I must have missed that Google and Apple , uh, "approached" RIM asking for help with security.
    12-06-11 01:10 PM
    Keep in mind this article is from May. Back then, I don't think you were able to press on the battery icon. This came in a later software update. But I agree with you, I have large fingers and I have no problems whatsoever with the power button. Some people like to find faults with things.
    Nope you were able to do that since day one, I had mine since day one and I've never used it.
    12-06-11 01:26 PM
    apple will take that article with a grain of salt. do u honestly think apple cares on what rim can supposedly teach them which honestly is basically nothing. apple has more money than the government. rim should take some notes on apple products
    12-06-11 01:27 PM
    apple will take that article with a grain of salt. do u honestly think apple cares on what rim can supposedly teach them which honestly is basically nothing. apple has more money than the government. rim should take some notes on apple products
    Less about the products, more about the advertising. Advertising has for RIM has been abysmal for years, and to the surprise of many, they have not improved it at all...
    12-06-11 01:28 PM
    It was a decent article.

I cannot say I agree with everything he wrote, however. For one, editing on the larger screen is just not feasible. On the other hand, proofreading for grammar and spelling mistakes is. But checking for formatting is impossible.

It is nice that it comes with default office apps, but these are the only ones you can get... 3-4 months later... and they're not functional enough. People would pay for a better word processor at this point, so having the default office app isn't that big of a deal...
    erhan8 likes this.
    12-06-11 02:32 PM
    Less about the products, more about the advertising. Advertising has for RIM has been abysmal for years, and to the surprise of many, they have not improved it at all...
    Bingo.

Mind you, that wasn`t their only problem, but it sure is more glaring in spite of how the Playbook has panned.
    12-06-11 03:16 PM
    I saw the title and just thought the usual suspects will be in here and have it closed in no time.

Bah, even though the article is old it still holds some water. And I love the power button being so small that I don't accidentally push it when I don't want to.
    erhan8 likes this.
    12-06-11 04:05 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD