I can smell rats. I've personally known too many of them.

I have long thought it was strange that certain posters persistently post in favor of certain devices and spread misinformation about playbook, highlight and emphasize shortcomings, errors by Rim, stir up hate, rather than talk amongst their peers in the forums that are appropriate for their preferred choice.

Many like this flock to threads that may dis other devices, going to the extent of posing with sexy avatars, or as innocent kids, and seem to have all day to make post after post of love for their preferred device, reacting angrily and negatively when anything positive is said about the topic device calling them trolls, fanboys etc. Or when people talk negatively about the one they supposedly love. When an ipad vs playbook thread arises - it is their call of duty to flock to it.

I also find it strange when newbies with no track record sign up simply to do the above, then strangely disappear. I have voiced my suspicions for which I have been ridiculed as a conspiracy theorist. They sign up and innocently ask a question like "I have heard that the playbook doesn't have native email, is this true ..?" Or some such thing. I recognized the pattern. I was ridiculed for seeing this, called a fanboy or troll for calling them out, or being too harsh and not nice to the newbie..

Well check this out:

BBC News - Fake forum comments are 'eroding' trust in the web

Now this by no means, means that anyone that acts this way is a corporate agent, but most certainly it is not to be discounted when dealing with some of the persistently negative people in here. Many have kiddingly suggested that they work for Apple or google ... well corporate espionage and public manipulation are nothing new - it has gone on since the day of the Trojan Horse. The enemy within.

It is the dark side of advertising and marketing and not beyond reason in fact 100% likely, that this is occurring in this very forum.

Keep your eyes peeled.

Ok corporate agents - begin the ridicule so we can have you all gathered in one thread. Make yourselves known if you dare.

Oh - and they also vote in our polls
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 11-24-11 at 07:28 PM.
    11-24-11 06:54 PM
    It is easily confirmable by means of open polls to find that a disproportionate number of non-owners always choose to most negative option they can. I love open polls.
    CracklePot likes this.
    11-24-11 07:00 PM
    I admit it, I'm paid by Betty Crocker to post recipes and desserts.

Have a safe, happy and healthy Thanksgiving whether you celebrate or don't.
    11-24-11 07:04 PM
    I am doing my best to spot the trolls, at the least, and call them out on their crap whenever I see one........ sometimes I really have to try hard not to get too mean... but then sometimes I wonder they just deserve it.....
    11-24-11 07:04 PM
    After Enron, Worldcom, subprime mortgages and Nortel, anything and everything is possible and fair game. If I was "the enemy" the first thing I do is infiltrate this site with extreme prejudice.
    11-24-11 07:05 PM
    I think there are trolls and there are paid corporate entities - the trolls are trolls, the entities act stealthily, naively and innocently. Some are just morons.
    11-24-11 07:10 PM
    F2 you're borderline, we have our eye on you Suddenly gotta go huh top poster?
    Bring the playbook so you can still work.
    11-24-11 07:11 PM
    I totally buy this.
    11-24-11 07:15 PM
    I think there are trolls and there are paid corporate entities - the trolls are trolls, the entities act stealthily, naively and innocently. Some are just morons.
    The original research publication is linked on the BBC site. It makes some interesting observations about the proportion of new threads/replies, which could apply to some users who seem to have a monopoly on reposting analyst opinions as "news".
    11-24-11 07:17 PM
    Sorry for the typo in the title BTW ...hey it's Thanksh..giving...

cut me a break.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 11-24-11 at 07:27 PM.
    11-24-11 07:24 PM
    Whether in internet forums, newspapers, media or television, companies hire PR firms to project their brands in a positive light. Companies hire lobbyists to influence politicians, lawmakers, and the media with their "exclusive" interviews with so-called experts. (this has gone on before the internet) Which makes the news in the next RSS, Drudge Report or Google News refresh. And front page in the local newspaper.
    Read the reviews on TripAdvisor. Are these credible? Are reviews in Cnet or Amazon prior to product release credible? Are previews on new products worth our time?

It's all the same and completely subjective. Now please, back to the conspiracy theories, I am enjoying this thread...

The original research publication is linked on the BBC site. It makes some interesting observations about the proportion of new threads/replies, which could apply to some users who seem to have a monopoly on reposting analyst opinions as "news".
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    11-24-11 07:32 PM
    any like this flock to threads that may dis other devices, going to the extent of posing with sexy avatars, or as innocent kids, and seem to have all day to make post after post of love for their preferred device, reacting angrily and negatively when anything positive is said about the topic device calling them trolls, fanboys etc. Or when people talk negatively about the one they supposedly love. When an ipad vs playbook thread arises - it is their call of duty to flock to it.
    Almost all of your points could be used against you blackjack. To echo your own words, many folks here flock to a thread that disses the PlayBook and defend it even in the face of legitimate gripes/concerns or known/documented issues. This stuff goes both ways. Don't pretend to be an angel.

Now this by no means, means that anyone that acts this way is a corporate agent, but most certainly it is not to be discounted when dealing with some of the persistently negative people in here. Many have kiddingly suggested that they work for Apple or google ... well corporate espionage and public manipulation are nothing new - it has gone on since the day of the Trojan Horse. The enemy within.
    Again, it goes both ways. I see some people here defend the PlayBook in a blind way that makes me think they must secretly be Jim Balsillie or Mike Lazaridis.
    11-24-11 07:36 PM
    Are you paid by RIM Blackjack? Your theory makes you highly suspect!

Also, you mean I can't trust the web, forums and media anymore!?!?! Oh wait...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by chrisy520; 11-24-11 at 07:45 PM.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-24-11 07:40 PM
    Yeah sure wish they would at least give me Thanksgiving off. This sucks.
    11-24-11 07:51 PM
    Well I was called a troll and a bot in the same thread. Not sure if I should wear it as a badge of honor or not.
    gjohnsto likes this.
    11-24-11 07:51 PM
    I was called a troll many a time. What an ugly word.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-11 07:54 PM
    Now that I think about it - I'm too good for RIM...I had an interview with Jobs but then... oh well.
    11-24-11 07:55 PM
    I listen to opinions and take advice. I believe what I know and can verify. Some like Fords some Chevys. Both get you down the road
    11-24-11 08:03 PM
    Where would these forums be without Blackjack? He's version 93117 but the new release previously promised has been delayed. He is available in beta at the betazone for the adventurous type.
    JBenn911 likes this.
    11-24-11 08:04 PM
    Almost all of your points could be used against you blackjack. To echo your own words, many folks here flock to a thread that disses the PlayBook and defend it even in the face of legitimate gripes/concerns or known/documented issues. This stuff goes both ways. Don't pretend to be an angel.

Again, it goes both ways. I see some people here defend the PlayBook in a blind way that makes me think they must secretly be Jim Balsillie or Mike Lazaridis.
    Yes , other than the context. It's not odd that an enthusiast should be in an enthusiast forum, now an ipad/andriod lover and sworn playbook hater hanging out in here as much as I do, there really is no other explanation for its bizaarre....unless like chrisy they are actually considering a purchase. If I worked for RIM - I would have a much larger audience promoting playbook in iPad/andriod forums - please go find my counterpart there, I dont think you'll find one exhibiting the behaviour I described, and if you do let meknow. They may be getting paid more than me. I'm going to have to talk with my boss Basille.

But I am enjoying the flattery Like my sexy avatar?
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 11-24-11 at 08:10 PM.
    11-24-11 08:07 PM
    I think most iPhone or Android users on this forum are former BB users whom hold a grudge as to why RIM did not stay as innovative as Apple or Google. They feel let down after their years of loyalty to RIM and CrackBerry colleagues.

But we all read BGR site: Lazaridis did not have a 3 year plan/ strategy, just refining network usuage and slow cpus to preserve battery life so their carrier partners sell less accessories.
    Last edited by the_sleuth; 11-24-11 at 08:18 PM.
    11-24-11 08:16 PM
    I never trust sexy avatars because you never know what the real deal is. Could be some Cro-Magnon lurking behind the keyboard.
    Jake Storm likes this.
    11-24-11 08:16 PM
    I'm not a troll or a corporate entity, and not sure I would be considered a moron, though I do get easily confused. I posted my feelings on negitive posters here... -> #273

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...-trash-609572/
    Last edited by jafobabe; 11-24-11 at 08:22 PM.
    11-24-11 08:19 PM
    And copied here- look what you sourpusses have done to this sweet lady
    shame shame...

Thanks so much Kevin!
    As you can see I don't have many posts since joining over a year ago, as I have been reading and learning about my BB products, with the suberb and knowledgeable people on these forums.
    And yes, it has been the negitive posters that have kept me from posting more and getting help with my issues, because I fear the backlash.
    Hopefully the negitive posters will turn into positive helpful posters for all.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 11-24-11 at 08:41 PM.
    the_sleuth and jafobabe like this.
    11-24-11 08:24 PM
    I think most iPhone or Android users on this forum are former BB users whom hold a grudge as to why RIM did not stay as innovative as Apple or Google. They feel let down after their years of loyalty to RIM and CrackBerry colleagues.

But we all read BGR site: Lazaridis did not have a 3 year plan/ strategy, just refining network usuage and slow cpus to preserve battery life so their carrier partners sell less accessories.
    Looks like we caught one in our trap...took the bait. Not a good one, but still..it's overlimit - not throwing it back.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 11-24-11 at 08:31 PM.
    11-24-11 08:27 PM
181 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD